'Jane By Design' Recap: Jane's Mom Returns For Her Birthday

Tue, June 19, 2012 10:46pm EDT by 10 Comments

Yes, Jane’s long-lost mom is finally back — direct from Wisteria Lane!

This may not have been Jane’s (Erica Dasher) best birthday ever, but it was definitely the most surprising. Not only did she learn the truth about the Donovan Decker mole on the June 19 episode of Jane By Design, but she also discovered intense new feelings for a certain co-worker. Oh, and did I mention her mom (Teri Hatcher) came back to surprise her? Happy birthday, indeed.

Eli (Bryan Dechart) was tasked with distracting Jane while preparations for her office surprise party were underway, but it didn’t take long for the line between business and pleasure to blur. I know we’re supposed to want Jane to end up with Billy (Nick Roux), but there’s no way you can deny the chemistry between Jane and Eli — and apparently neither can Eli. He asked her out on a real date at the end of her party, which of course, she accepted. (Smart girl!)

But Jane’s joy quickly turned to disappointment when a very drunk Jeremy (Rowly Dennis) confessed to being the real mole. He was tired of being pushed around by India (India de Beaufort), but I’m wondering if his little admission will end up hurting him more than helping him in the long run. Honesty is so overrated — especially on TV.

Meanwhile, Rita (Smith Cho) was kicking herself all night for taking a break with Ben (David Clayton Rogers) after a sexy ghost from their past entered the picture. Seriously, how is Rita — aka “Shaw the Jaw” — supposed to compete with a former prom queen? Either way, I can’t wait to see her try!

Then came the real bombshell. Just when Ben and Jane thought the last guest had cleared out of her “real” surprise party, they discovered a lingering crasher: their mom! Dun, dun dun!

OK, time for some theories: Why do you think Jane’s mom is back in town? Are you rooting for Jane and Eli to get together, or do you still want her with Billy? And why did Zoe lie about where she lived? Drop a comment with your every thought!

— Andy Swift

Siti Hajar

Posted at 12:33 AM on January 16, 2013

awww. why teri hatcher became jane’s mom? errm..

Denise

Posted at 3:58 PM on July 9, 2012

Is it just me or is Episode 13 no where to be found? I missed that “all important” one and now I can’t find anywhere to watch it. Is there a reasonable explanation? Thanks! I might want Jane and Billy together or will that change the dynamics of the show too much? I think Nick is a waste and not too crazy about Eli. India plays a good role but I sure do dislike her!

georgia

Posted at 4:01 PM on July 4, 2012

Please send Teri Hatcher back to Wisteria Lane and leave Jane alone!!!
Erica Dasher is the best, cutest and can handle the show without Teri!!

Mealea

Posted at 12:37 PM on June 20, 2012

It was a shocker to see Zoe was rich, but only because I didn’t think about it during the show. Now it does make sense! But my thoughts when she gave an odd look when Billy said “People like them” was that she thought it was insensitive that Billy stereotyped them, and made it sound like they were a separate “species” to the “rich” people.

Jane and Ben’s mum back? This will be interesting!

As for Jane and Eli! Definitely need to happen!

.And don’t forget Nick! I sense something bad happening to his dream… :(

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 20, 2012

Haha, I didn’t forget about Nick, I just ran out of steam. I have a feeling he’s going to hit a bump, too, but I think I’d care a lot more if he was still dating Jane.

Vince Regado

Posted at 12:23 PM on June 20, 2012

I knew that she was rich.. Cuz when Billy mentioned “We people don’t belong with them” She has a different look .. Anyway how old is Eli?? I WANT ELI OR NICK FOR JANE!!! Not Billy or Jeremy … And before India was accused of being a mole .. i Kinda liked her… COME BACK OLD INDIA!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 20, 2012

I’m pretty sure Eli is supposed to be 22 or 23 … a recent college graduate.

And I miss bitchy India too… but I like her new hair. :)

Jess

Posted at 11:04 AM on June 20, 2012

Erica Dasher has chemistry with everyone on the show! Of course, I still want to see Jane with Billy, but I have to admit Jane and Eli were really cute together. I can’t wait to see what happens next!! So excited to see Teri Hatcher! :)

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 20, 2012

Teri Hatcher, my golden goddess…

Lorraine Chow

Posted at 1:44 PM on June 21, 2012

lol why do you love teri hatcher?