Emily Maynard Proved She's A Strong Woman By Sending Ryan Bowers Home

Tue, June 19, 2012 11:50am EDT by 11 Comments
The Bachelorette Sends Home

Ryan definitely didn’t let Emily go without a fight on the June 18th episode of the ‘Bachelorette.’ But Emily did the right thing by not giving in to his manipulative ways. Read on for more details!

In the game of the Bachelor/Bachelorette — and in life — the more time you spend with someone, the more difficult it is to say “goodbye.”

And this is exactly what happened to Emily Maynard during week six of the Bachelorette. Sure, she’s cried a few times in the past after letting guys go, but her farewell to Ryan Bowers was the most difficult one yet. However, Em proved that despite her cute looks and Goldilocks hair, she’s a smart and strong woman. She should really be proud of herself. Everyone watching at home could tell that is was a tough a decision for her.

Breaking up with someone is never an easy thing to do, and when Emily told Ryan she wasn’t going to give him a rose after their Croatian date — he made it more difficult for her to cut him loose. Rather than being understanding, Ryan said it was “shocking.”

“Why at this point would you not let me show you the man I can be to you?,” Ryan asked her, swallowing his pride, going on to tell her that she was making a “huge mistake.”

To Ryan’s defense, he definitely put up a good fight, and at some points throughout the conversation I thought Emily was going to give in and just give him the rose — but she didn’t. She knew deep down that he wasn’t the right guy for her.

I feel like women (including myself) do this ALL the time. We keep guys around because they have x, y and z, even when we have that feeling in the pit of our stomachs that there’s just something off. It’s not him, it’s not you — it’s just not the right situation for either person involved. Emily had that feeling and did the hardest thing possible: she trusted it.

It didn’t have to do with lack of chemistry or common interests.  Ryan, the Georgia-native sports agent, literally had Emily from “hello.” And despite his very questionable comments to her — “I want a trophy wife” and “I wouldn’t love you if you were fat” (Hello, red flags!) — Ryan wasn’t all that bad. He was definitely a front-runner in the race.

“You are the first guy I asked on my very first date. And the first guy on my second date. You are so funny and great looking,” Emily said to Ryan.

But she knew that a sense of humor and good looks aren’t enough to sustain a lasting relationship.

While it was clearly difficult for the 26-year-old to sit there and listen to Ryan give her a list of reasons to keep him around, she stuck to her gut and simply said “no.” Emily definitely proved she’s a strong woman in my book.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you agree Emily proved her strength by sending Ryan home? Vote and weigh in below.

More Emily Maynard News:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard Engaged — New Report
  2. Will ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard End Doug Cartwright & Jef Holm’s Friendship?
  3. Emily Maynard In Huge Family Feud With Late Fiancé’s Parents

KC

Posted at 9:41 PM on March 5, 2013

I thought he was such a huge creep. But he was so freaking FUNNY!!! Especially on the Men Tell All special. Oh my gosh, he had me cracking up. He needs his own reality show, but definitely NOT the bachelor. He was a dick, but he was SO entertaining!

cheyrl

Posted at 8:34 AM on June 26, 2012

ryan is from our hometown and he did not grow up like that, he was the most polite and sweet boy, i think the show had him be the villian to make it interesting. that is not the boy i knew growing up.

Lynda

Posted at 5:04 PM on June 21, 2012

Ryan, you had me convinced at the start of the show that you were our Augusta, Ga. boy who wins the girl’s heart. As the show progressed, you became an egotistical, self centered, cold hearted manipulator. I am ashame to call Augusta my home. Emily put you in your place – no girl is good enough for you. I hope you find your “trophy wife” and I hope she gets fat and ugly. You used God’s name so many times and repeated words from the bible, you are indeed a “villian.”

KC

Posted at 9:44 PM on March 5, 2013

There is just no way this guy is for real. I think he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame and he was trying to make people laugh.

Fernanda

Posted at 2:39 PM on June 21, 2012

I loved when he said ” I want a servant….” I couldn’t stopped laughing….I can’t believe he said that!!!! I don’t know if he is a douch or just an idiot!!!!

KC

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 5, 2013

I honestly think he was playing this whole thing. I think it was all an act. Nobody’s that dumb. I think he was just trying to get his name out there and make people laugh.

ssalunkhe

Posted at 11:57 AM on June 21, 2012

It seems all scripted in The Bachelorette, its a very rubbish thing that Emily dumped a guy who first kissed her in The Bachelorette show. Bachelorette team should do something which brings people trust back.

Lola

Posted at 11:28 AM on June 21, 2012

Well Ryan was a douche but Emily is getting drunk on her power tripping. If she is like this outside of our TV screens, oh boy do I SERIOUSLY pity the poor guy who winds up with her.

Jane

Posted at 6:31 PM on June 19, 2012

I think Emily is having a ball having all of these men at her disposal being able to make out with all of them..those deep tongue kisses without being called a slut. I don’t think she is really interested ina ny of them as husband material. And if she says like and right 50 times in one sentence, I will turn my tv on mute while she is talking. She is 26, not 13.

Claire

Posted at 12:58 PM on June 19, 2012

I agree 100% plus will add that I think Ryan might be one of those guys that a Lifetime movie gets made about – you know, attractive, charismatic, possessive, manipulative, and when things go south he shoots his wife. Psycho. Seriously I think he missed his calling as a motivational speaker or cult leader. Now Emily might have picked up on some of those vibes BUT because of defamation suits I bet the producers warn the participants to be very careful about what they say about the other people – you have to play it safe and be vague and just play the old I don’t think it would work out card. All I can say is, I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when Emily stuck to her guns, and I hope that he never enters her life again. I think she really dodged a bullet. Literally.

mboomer

Posted at 12:48 PM on June 19, 2012

It was painful to watch and i kept changing channel and returning and he was still there full of self importance who thinks so highly of himself. SHe did good and stood to him.
What a douch bag. MB