Justin Bieber & Fan Avalanna 'Mrs. Bieber' Routh Talk Marriage On 'Today'

Fri, June 15, 2012 10:00am EDT by 20 Comments
Justin Bieber Mrs Bieber Interview

Justin and the young cancer patient known as ‘Mrs. Bieber’ talk about how they got ‘married’ in a special paper wedding ceremony!

Justin Bieber and the adorable Avalanna Routh, who has a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer, chatted with The TODAY Show about their special ceremony!

Justin, 18, looked at his little fan dotingly as Avalanna shared how she had a special little wedding at the hospital where she married a paper version of Justin, or a “paper Bieber” as host Matt Lauer dubbed.

“Your mother is my mother in law,” little Avalanna cooed into her mic.

Justin had made the then 6-year-old girl’s dream come true in February when he heard how she was fighting her rare disease called ATRT (atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor).

Biebs and Avalanna spent time playing boardgames, exchanging autographs, and eating cupcakes with her. Their once-in-a-lifetime meeting signified for her that the two were officially “married.”

Check out the touching video below!

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

– Lorraine Chow

More Justin Bieber & fans:

1. Justin Bieber Is So Sweet To Kiss & Acknowledge Fan Lisa Kastleen
  2. Justin Bieber Waves, Smiles To Fans In Oslo
  3. Justin Bieber’s Norway Concert Leaves Dozens Of Fans Injured

mike

Posted at 10:39 AM on September 27, 2012

SHE HAD A BIG HEART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolayne Këndstrüg

Posted at 8:07 AM on September 27, 2012

Avallana die but your soul will up to the sky next to god, like more one angel.

Luke

Posted at 12:48 PM on September 26, 2012

little baby lost her fight to cancer today you’re loved always Avalanna and you’re with the angels in heaven sleep well beautiful.

Victoria

Posted at 11:51 PM on September 8, 2012

I wish I could do something like to every kid like that LOVE U JUSTIN
BIEBER and I will pray for her

Victoria

Posted at 11:47 PM on September 8, 2012

She is so cute I will pray for her every day.
And that is so nice

sara edwards

Posted at 1:37 PM on August 31, 2012

your so sweet i cant believe you went through all that trouble to do that that adorable little girl ill make sure i pray for her to completely heal! I LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!!

SLC

Posted at 8:32 PM on July 31, 2012

You are an amazing young man, be proud of who you are becoming and be true to yourself! What a great role model for all the young people out there! Good Job.

Amanda

Posted at 10:56 PM on July 8, 2012

Justin u r the most sweetest boy celeb ever u r like so nice to avalanna ththank you for being there for Avalon :)

Emily

Posted at 4:53 AM on June 28, 2012

OMG im suffrin from cancer and i might not make it till next year and i just want SOMEONE ANYONE TO MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE … TO MEET JUSTIN BIEBER I LOVE HIM and please plaese im in a mentel hospital i’ve gone a bit crazy but i juz wanna meet justin bieber i know that thres someone out thre who could help please help me and there is a campaigain for me on twitter called VOTE EMILY TO MEET JB please voter for me you might b saving my life

Emma

Posted at 4:47 AM on June 28, 2012

OMG avallana routh is so sweet i wish justin bieber would marry me avallana routh is so sweet and cute i hope she makes it

Kinsley

Posted at 5:01 PM on June 27, 2012

Dont play justin bieber and say you have this blah blah just to meet him

mary anne

Posted at 9:06 PM on June 24, 2012

hey avalnna

Michelle

Posted at 11:50 PM on June 15, 2012

That is very special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That little girl is very sick. Every nite she can lay down and the thought of him must take away her pain. I know a little boy with the same illness ATRT.I hope she makes it. LONG LONG Haul. My thoughts and prays are with you, Great job Justin. You two look beautiful together……………

Shameme Adams

Posted at 8:58 PM on June 15, 2012

Btw, if anyone out there can help me at all PLEASE do. To meet Justin is my greatest dream, surely someone out there can help me make it come true?. I have an awful muscle disease and this has twisted my spine, I need major surgery in N.Y. in order to have any chance at life. Facebook group is ‘CAMPAIGN FOR SHAMEME ADAMS TO MEET JUSTIN BIEBER’!. All the best to that cutie and hope I can meet him too!. #DREAMBIG #NEVERSAYNEVER xx

Evelynn Amber Rayne

Posted at 10:30 AM on June 23, 2012

I would love to help you out but I’m not quite sure to believe you or not. What’s your disease’s name? What hospital are you admitted to? If your disease really twisted your spine, I’m sure you wouldn’t be able to attend one of his concerts so why would you attempt to get tickets? And before you say ‘I’m not in a hospital because blah blah blah’, let me tell you that I was even admitted to hospital for asthma which is much less worse than this disease so don’t try that excuse please. If you can answer these truthfully, I’m an intern at a magazine and I might be able to ask my boss and help spread your story. :)

Shameme Adams

Posted at 8:56 PM on June 15, 2012

I have an illness and my dream is to meet him. Can’t get anywhere with it but all the very best to her-she’s GORGEOUS!!. X

hannah

Posted at 4:45 PM on June 15, 2012

justin bieber I wish yhu would marrie me I actually am fighting muscluer disterfy were yhu have leg a back problem it is very double jointed very and its terrible

amanda

Posted at 1:57 PM on August 31, 2012

LIAR!!! STOP LYING

amy

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 15, 2012

the interview with little Avalanna was so sweet & you could see how much Justin cares for this little girl & how happy she is having met & spent time with him. Justin Bieber is a really sweet young man! God Bless him & God Bless little Avalanna.

shantelle

Posted at 7:15 PM on August 31, 2012

your so rithg Avalann is in gods hands justin bieber has made her dreams come true GOD BLESS HER LITTEL SOUL