Alex Pettyfer: Should He Play Christian Grey In 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?

Fri, June 15, 2012 2:11pm EDT by 53 Comments
50 Shades of Grey

Alex is oozing with sex appeal and we think he’d be great as the male lead in the movie adaptation of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey.’ Keep reading to find out if he agrees!

After channeling a stripper in Magic Mike, actor Alex Pettyfer is no stranger to taking on risque roles! Should his next one be Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey?
“I haven’t read the book,” he admitted exclusively to HollywoodLife.com. Well, Alex, we definitely think you should!

When asked if he was embarrassed during some of Magic Mike‘s more steamy scenes, he said, “Of course, you’re half, well, completely naked, so you’re always a bit inferior.”

Do YOU think Alex would make a good Christian Grey, HollywoodLifers?

More on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’:

1. Selena Gomez Caught Reading ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  2. Kristen Stewart Reads ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Nina Dobrev: Ian Somerhalder Would Be ‘Great’ In ‘Fifty Shades’ Movie

J.Elise

Posted at 11:33 PM on June 25, 2012

I’m thinking Alex Pettyfer would be good but the whole time I was reading the book I kept picturing Hayden Christensen.

Michelle

Posted at 12:39 AM on June 25, 2012

So, Im thinking Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart for Christian and Ana (the ones that did the Twilight Series) They have amazing chemistry and Miley Cyrus for Mia. Taylor Lautner as Jose. Billy Ray Cyrus as Ray. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel as Kate and Elliott. Heather Locklear as Mrs. Robinson. George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer as Carrick and Grace

AMG

Posted at 11:23 PM on June 24, 2012

Totally Cam Gigandet!!

Pam

Posted at 3:36 PM on June 22, 2012

Alex Pettyfer looks EXACTLY how I picture Christian, When I looked at his picture on Imdb, My first though was… omg this guy is real I thought I made him up??
Matt Bomber would also suit the role for me, he oozes sex
I had originally imagined Alexander Skarsgard for the part, His kinky sex scenes from True Blood are a lot like some of the sex scenes from the books. But I think he looks too old…

sara

Posted at 5:56 PM on June 18, 2012

The character in the book is black not white so i do not understand why everyone is scoping or wanting to cast a white cast!

Pam

Posted at 3:30 PM on June 22, 2012

I don’t remember Christian being black??? you sure you’re reading the same book???

Laren

Posted at 9:13 AM on June 18, 2012

Oliver Jackson-Cohen would be perfect for Christian Grey. No doubt. :) He is so gorgeous.

SG

Posted at 2:53 AM on June 18, 2012

Anyone looking at Cam Gigandet for this? I think he would be perfect for Christian. He has that smoulder…that sexy.

Lynda Barrett

Posted at 2:37 AM on June 18, 2012

Please give us older ladies a Christian Grey that’s not so baby faced how about the sexy blond on sex and the city. Smith

Sarah

Posted at 2:10 AM on June 18, 2012

Oliver Jackson-Cohen would be great as Christian Gray. He is so gorgeous and hot. He is 26 yrs old. He is 6’3 ft tall. Good actor. I saw his pictures on Google and Facebook. I also saw his interviews on Youtube and the Yoga. :) So amazing!!!! <3

Erica

Posted at 1:19 AM on June 18, 2012

Alex Pettyfer and Ian Somerhalder are both good looking, but simply not hot enough to play Christian Grey. Christian is supposed to be so good looking that it’s almost hard to look at him. Plus, I think Christian needs to be a lesser known, American actor who’s never played a vampire on TV or in the movies. How about Eric Winter (The Ugly Truth) as Christian and Emmy Rossum as Ana?

Debbie

Posted at 8:10 PM on June 17, 2012

Cillan Murphy (Inception) should be cast as Christian Grey. Cilia is from Ireland and his father’s name is Carrick.

...

Posted at 4:15 PM on June 17, 2012

Fifty shades of grey started off as a twilight fanfic so the author probably imagined robert pattinson as christian but im sure alex pettyfer would make a pretty good job too

Nicole

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 17, 2012

Alezx would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn’t look over his thirties, which he shouldn’t. A lot of the people are suggesting guys that look too old for the part. And Alex’s wavy hair???? omg have you IMDbed him and lookd at photo 54 out of 74? Black suit? Wavy hair???? Perfect

HALEY

Posted at 9:36 AM on June 17, 2012

i still think Colin Egglesfield would make a perfect christian grey :) he is handsome, has the perfect eyes is well built and has that intense smouldering look down to a fine art!

Elana W

Posted at 10:37 PM on June 16, 2012

after watching thor, the avengers and snow white and the huntsmen- CHRIS HEMSWORTH would be perfect as grey!! he’s fits the part age wise, physical description and is a fairly new up and coming actor!!!

Salboogie

Posted at 8:54 PM on June 16, 2012

David Gandy would be perfect. He’s gorgeous and his body is ridiculous.

manda

Posted at 6:35 PM on June 16, 2012

NOOOOO!!! Ian Somerhalder, or a relatively unknown actor.

D.K.P.

Posted at 6:03 PM on June 16, 2012

NO!! Ian Somerhalder. I see no one else as Christian! NO ONE!! He has the looks,the eyes. He IS the perfect good looking creepy bastard. These other people being talked about don’t look creepy…at all. Christian is gorgeous to women of all ages and races but make no mistake about it he also has the creepy/dangerous factor. I haven’t seen anyone yet but Ian who has it all.

Yvette

Posted at 5:57 PM on June 16, 2012

No William levy is the man

TLH

Posted at 5:47 PM on June 16, 2012

NO way on Alex Pettyfer! My idea choice is Ryan Gosling for Christian.

Travis

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 16, 2012

Ew god no! He’s terrible for Christian Grey.. I think Matt Bomer is the best choice. Just take a look at White Collar.. He is definitely what i picture Christian Grey to be

Angela

Posted at 10:20 PM on June 15, 2012

I think johannes huebl should play mr. Grey

Dee Dee

Posted at 6:27 PM on June 15, 2012

I think that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes would be the perfect couple for the part, but Tom is too old. I also say that Stewart Townsend should be looked at. I think he can still play a younger role.

chocolatetibio

Posted at 4:37 PM on June 15, 2012

NEVER!!!!!! ONLY ROBERT PATTINSON AND KRISTEN!!!!!!

Ana Steele

Posted at 3:46 PM on June 15, 2012

Alex Pettyfer should definetly read 50 Shades of Grey and definetly play Christian Grey. Alex, you were born to play this role!