Alex Pettyfer: Should He Play Christian Grey In 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?

Fri, June 15, 2012 2:11pm EDT by 53 Comments
50 Shades of Grey

Alex is oozing with sex appeal and we think he’d be great as the male lead in the movie adaptation of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey.’ Keep reading to find out if he agrees!

After channeling a stripper in Magic Mike, actor Alex Pettyfer is no stranger to taking on risque roles! Should his next one be Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey?
“I haven’t read the book,” he admitted exclusively to HollywoodLife.com. Well, Alex, we definitely think you should!

When asked if he was embarrassed during some of Magic Mike‘s more steamy scenes, he said, “Of course, you’re half, well, completely naked, so you’re always a bit inferior.”

Do YOU think Alex would make a good Christian Grey, HollywoodLifers?

More on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey':

1. Selena Gomez Caught Reading ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  2. Kristen Stewart Reads ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Nina Dobrev: Ian Somerhalder Would Be ‘Great’ In ‘Fifty Shades’ Movie

khug

Posted at 4:47 PM on April 16, 2013

he is pretty much the closest looking to who i imagined the entire book. he’s perfect for it!

Shawna

Posted at 7:14 PM on February 9, 2013

Alex Pettyfer would be the best Chiristian Grey in my eyes because he has the essence of Christian Grey. He is sexy, a lil rugged, looks hot in a suit, has that young but wiser look to him, and he can be sweet and look vulnerable and look intimidating. I don’t think many can see it now, but he is perfect for the part.

Zoe

Posted at 10:44 PM on March 15, 2013

I agree completely and he wouldn’t have to change his hair or eye color, when I read the books I saw him!! Totally!!

Yoyo

Posted at 2:14 PM on September 2, 2012

Jared Padalecki would be the best Christian Grey, tall dark handsome, and he can also play sweet. I’m surprised he’s not a front runner. Him and that tiny Alexis Bledel would be perfect!

G123

Posted at 10:17 PM on August 21, 2012

I am 100% stuck on the idea that Alex Pettyfer should play Christian Grey. He is so sexy and rugged yet concealed at the same time. I LOVE the idea of him on the big screen as Christian. I think people would realize what a perfect match it is after watching the movie.

Sarah

Posted at 5:56 PM on July 30, 2012

OMG yes he would be perfect

samantha

Posted at 6:09 PM on July 10, 2012

i believe alex pettyfer would be a perfect christian grey
blake livley would be a perfect kate
charlize theron would be perfect elena
ryan kwanten as eliot
mike trevino as jose
kristen stewart or lucy hale as Anastasia

Yari

Posted at 5:08 PM on July 10, 2012

I think Channing Tatum would be better, yummy!

VELARDEMOM

Posted at 3:24 PM on July 10, 2012

ALEX PETTYFER ALL THE WAY. HE IS CHRISTIAN AND I ANA. NO ONE ELSE COULD PLAY CHRISTIAN EXCEPT ALEX

Justmy2cents

Posted at 7:26 PM on July 8, 2012

Paul Walker-yummy, but wasnt my first thought…gimme some Ryan Reynolds action as Mr. Grey!! I imagine him with Greys tendencies in real life!! And think he could really play this role spot on. I could care less who plays Ana since that role will forever in my head be played over and over again by ME ;)

KellyJ

Posted at 11:15 AM on July 5, 2012

i don’t care how old he is….Matthew McConaughey fits this role to the T!!!

Mrs Grey

Posted at 11:13 AM on July 5, 2012

Definitely Alex Pettyfer all the way! He’s sexy and smouldering and has Christian’s “How can anyone be that good looking?” thing going on. He’s exactly how I picture Mr Grey! Then Get Lucy Hale as Ana :D

Chelsea

Posted at 5:05 PM on July 5, 2012

I couldn’t agree MORE!!! Alex Pettyfer is the epitome of Christian Grey!!! And if you’ve seen Magic Mike you know he could pull it off!! Lucy Hale is also my pick for Anastasia… great minds think alike!

Amanda

Posted at 7:16 PM on August 8, 2012

I agree 100% .. he is exactly how I pictured Christian. What is up with everyone picking older men for this role? Hello people Christian is 27 not 40! And Please no Kristen Stewart. .she’s horrible. .I had all I can stand of her with the twilight saga. We need fresh new faces!

Angie

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 4, 2012

Give Alex Pettyfer the role!!! He’d be perfect :)

Glenda

Posted at 12:25 AM on July 4, 2012

No one else can do justice to Christian Grey except Alex Pettyfer!! Give him the role!!!!

Elle

Posted at 8:47 PM on July 1, 2012

ALEX PETTYFER HAS TO PLAY CHRISTIAN!!!
i wont accept anybody else!

ohmyfifty

Posted at 8:27 PM on June 30, 2012

I’m absolutely sure that if Pettyfer opens to the idea of accepting the role as Christian, he can pull it off with ease. I think he’s perfect for the role.

kate

Posted at 1:50 PM on June 30, 2012

NO!!!! he looks ugly!

i want matt bomer or colin egglesfield to PLAY CHRISTIAN!!!!

VELARDEMOM

Posted at 3:22 PM on July 10, 2012

Matt Boomer is gay so it wont work.

Nettiw

Posted at 7:56 AM on June 29, 2012

Ryan Gosling or CAM GIGANDET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there’s noobe as good loking but with the mysterious look in his eyes !!!!

Leanne

Posted at 7:15 AM on June 26, 2012

How about Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Christian Grey? He is handsome,hot and gorgeous tall guy. He is a great actor too. I saw alot of pictures in gettyimages.com, wireimages.com and also on Facebook. No doubt.

A.abd

Posted at 2:55 AM on June 26, 2012

Alex is good but the perfect Christian grey would be Jared Padalecki. He is tall, smoldering, dark, sexy as hell and incredibly beautiful. And he can pull of the sweetness as well.

sarah

Posted at 1:57 AM on July 1, 2012

jared padalecki would be PERFECT! hes is definately smouldering

Marie

Posted at 12:43 PM on July 4, 2012

I agree…Jared would be so super sexy as Fifty!

Yoyo

Posted at 2:15 PM on September 2, 2012

Finally someone who notices that he’d be great as Christian!

katrina

Posted at 8:14 PM on November 13, 2012

Absolutely!!!! He’s who I see when I picture a real Christian Grey And the girl who should play Ana is Joanna Levesque