Will Ashley Greene Play Anastasia Steele In 'Fifty Shades Of Grey?'

Fri, June 15, 2012 2:31pm EST by 34 Comments

Ashley Greene is obsessed with ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ — and who could blame her?! Is she gunning to play the sultry leading role in the upcoming flick?

Now that Fifty Shades of Grey is definitely being made into a movie, Hollywood’s A-listers are all vying to play the lead role of Anastasia Steele — including Twilight‘s Ashley Greene. HollywoodLife.com spoke to the brunette beauty at the Young Hollywood Awards about the racy novel that’s getting everyone all hot and bothered!
“I have read it,” Ashley exclusively told us. “I feel like I kind of had to, it’s now pop culture and they’re making it into a film. I’m not finished with all of them, but I’m on the third book.”

Ashley definitely has the looks and innocence needed to play the sweet yet sultry role of Anastasia that originated as Twilight fan fiction.

Do YOU think Ashley should star in Fifty Shades of Grey?

More Breaking Dawn Part 2 News

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Start ‘Breaking Dawn’ Reshoots
  2. Robert Pattinson Arrives In Vancouver For ‘Breaking Dawn Part 2′ Reshoots
  3. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Reuniting For ‘Breaking Dawn’ Re-Shoots

d.harris

Posted at 7:05 AM on July 11, 2012

selena——too young for this role and not all that it for me.kristen ,———good actress but not too good with handling sex,love and romance scence.always holding back and a bit rigid on that aspect.i guess maybe she is a bit shy.i like her though.mmmm well ashley.she fits in ,in some of major anstasias profile.she stands a chance,but i will like that they check out more people in other to get it right at the end of the day.

Kat

Posted at 12:10 PM on July 10, 2012

I’ve said this once before …. no one from Twilight should be in this movie. It just wouldn’t work. I can see Evan Rachael Wood or Alexis Bledel. Both have an innocent look about them but could pull off the sexy parts very well.

Meme

Posted at 4:11 AM on July 7, 2012

I don’t think anyone of the aforementioned actresses could pull off any of the explicit scenes that are described in the books. I believe
Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones would be perfect; blue eyes, brown hair, full lips and she can pull off a graphic scene whereas all the other candidates such as Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Ashley Greene, Amanda Seyfried…they’re all too wholesome, plus they’re too well known and already have a reputation to uphold with their fanbase.
And don’t even get me started on Kristen Stewart, the role requires real human emotion, not a blank face that constantly looks confused.

Paola

Posted at 7:24 PM on July 5, 2012

Rachel Clare Hurd-Wood !!! No ashley greene no!

Paola

Posted at 7:22 PM on July 5, 2012

This girl is perfect… Why havent people mention her Rachel Clare Hurd-Wood !

Steff

Posted at 10:44 AM on July 2, 2012

i truely believe Ashley Greene could make an amazing Anastasia Steele, shes got the look of innocence yet im sure she can pull of the flirtacious part too, aside from her eyes not being blue, which of course can easily be changed via contacts or computer animation, shes got little similarities with the character already, or am i the only one who noticed she unconciously bites her lip in the video above at 0:46 ? we all know thats Anastia Steeles signature dont we agree? and as for Christian Grey, no one will fill his shoes but i secretly have a list from Ed Westwick, Ryan Gosling and Chris Hemsworth (;

Tattoo

Posted at 2:22 PM on June 26, 2012

Ashley is perfect for this role. She can look very innocent, like Alice in Twilight, but she is also very sexy. I’d like to see Alexander Skarsgard or Joseph Morgan as Christian. :)

MissDevon

Posted at 7:11 AM on June 22, 2012

ZOOEY DESCHANEL. I think she is a very fitting Anastasia Steele! Fits her description to a T. Not to mention, she’s a beautiful girl without KNOWING it. And Paul Walker for Christian!!!

Ella Lach

Posted at 4:29 PM on June 19, 2012

* Oops, I meant Kristen!

Ella Lach

Posted at 4:27 PM on June 19, 2012

I think Chris hemsworth/Matt Bomer for Grey and Alexis Bledel/ Elizabeth Olsen (with brown hair) for Ana I actually really like Emily Blunt (if they could make her look shy) but i know she’s probably a little to old! Not looks wise, just appears too mature for the age of the character.

But please nobody like Kirsten Stewart/Scarlett/Anne Hathaway (mentioned elsewhere.) Nothing against them. I just think the part of Ana has to go to someone that’s not so over-rated! Maybe even someone unknown and then that way no-one can keep comparing them to other parts.

Ana

Posted at 11:20 PM on June 18, 2012

ZOOEY DESCHANEL!!! @ Glow good choice…she fits the character.

Glow

Posted at 11:16 PM on June 18, 2012

I think Zooey Deschanel is a perfect Anastasia Stelee.She is a brunette with big blue eyes and full lips.Plus she is a great actress she can be funny and serious.From all the choices above…we can tell someone hasn’t read the books.

Monica

Posted at 11:33 PM on June 17, 2012

I don’t like any of the listed choices… it should be someone young that looks a bit naive, awkward and shy but who can be transformed into a sexy confident woman. I don’t know if she can act but for me Emily Didonato personifies Ana.

nora

Posted at 1:48 AM on June 26, 2012

I completely agree with you. She has the look. If she can act that is an amazing choice.

Kathleen

Posted at 10:51 PM on June 17, 2012

None! None of the women! Not one of them is anything like Anastasia!

manda

Posted at 8:42 PM on June 17, 2012

NOOOOOO!! None of these ladies on the poll. Please get a relatively unknown actress to play Ana. The only actress that I think fits the party is Felicity Jones.

C

Posted at 9:59 AM on June 17, 2012

Hmm…I was thinking of Matt Bomer or Alexander Skarsgard for Christian Grey, and Emilia Clarke for Anastasia Steele.

Mary

Posted at 2:53 AM on June 17, 2012

Anyone in Hollywood tries to make this movie, they will be sued right along with Erika Leonard, E.L. James who stole my work off of the Internet to rewrite her Twilight fan fiction writing. That’s a promise.

steph

Posted at 10:03 PM on June 16, 2012

No Please!!!!!!!!! AMANDA SEYFRIED with dark hair! Her big blue eyes and personality are perfection!!!!

kat

Posted at 7:10 PM on June 16, 2012

No one from the Twilight series should be in this movie!!! I’d say Alexis Bledel or Evan Rachael Wood.

DKP

Posted at 6:24 PM on June 16, 2012

Weird. Why is Selena Gomez an option? lol please no,just no. I love Ashley Greene BUT her eyes are not blue and I just don’t see her as Ana. If we’re talking about a brown eyed girl I could see as Ana it would be Lily Colins. I see Lily Colins with blue eyes an Ana.

Jen

Posted at 9:31 PM on June 17, 2012

Not saying that she should be Ana, but Ashley’s eyes are actually blue! A very dark sea blue. You’ll have to look up close up photos of her. They’re quite gorgeous! :)

Leah

Posted at 5:54 PM on June 15, 2012

Ashley Greene should I said to my sister like two months ago !!! And Alexander skarsgard should play Christian grey!

carol

Posted at 5:51 PM on June 15, 2012

No, please she is bad actress, gross and have not charisma. Her imagen is bad too. & old too.

Bonnie

Posted at 5:24 PM on June 15, 2012

NO!!!! I say Alexis Bledel, Rachel Bilson or Lily Collins.

Lina

Posted at 3:28 PM on June 15, 2012

Ashley Greene! She should definitly be picked for the role. To be honest I am sick of Kristen Stewart being everywhere, In my opinion she can’t act at all. whereas Ashley Greene can, she’s amazing! <3

Tanya

Posted at 4:41 PM on June 16, 2012

kristen can act so back off lina

Carmen

Posted at 5:06 PM on June 16, 2012

Hey! It’s her (Lina’s) “opinion” that’s what she thinks.You think she can act, Lina thinks she can’t, I think they both have their different strenghts and weaknesses. It’s just different “opinions”, that’s what this site is for, it’s nothing personal. =)

Nic

Posted at 3:25 PM on June 15, 2012

Who do you think should play Anastasia Steele?
Kristen Stewart
Ashley Greene
Selena Gomez

How about none as one of the choices?

Mary

Posted at 10:36 PM on July 7, 2012

I think Ashely Greene would be perfect as Anastasia Steele and I’d love to see either Henry Cavill or Alex Pettyfer as Christian