Casey Anthony Breaks Her Silence: 'I'm Ashamed Of The Person That I Was'

Tue, June 12, 2012 9:51pm EDT by 9 Comments
Casey Anthony Interview Piers Morgan

In a phone interview with Piers Morgan, Casey Anthony breaks her silence for the first time since her acquittal, tonight. Read on to see what she had to say!

Piers Morgan was granted access to interview Casey Anthony over the phone today. The newsman teased on his Twitter account, “BREAKING: Casey Anthony tells me: ‘I didn’t kill my daughter…but I’m ashamed of the person that I was,'” earlier this afternoon.

Casey didn’t appear on the show, although Piers read quotes from their conversation as he interviewed her attorney, J. Chaney Mason. In tweet teases of what he planned to read on air, Piers quotes Casey as saying, “I was a stupid kid…but I’ve never been a ‘party girl’…and I’ve gone through hell. The public perception of me is bad, absolutely horrible.”

The last teased quote Piers offered was perhaps the saddest: “There’s no one I love more than my daughter…she’s my greatest accomplishment.” The interview aired at 9PM EST on CNN.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you shocked Casey’s finally broken her silence?

More Casey Anthony Interview News:

1. Casey Anthony’s Interview — Attorney Jose Baez Weighs Million Dollar Options
  2. Casey Anthony’s Parents Interview With Dr. Phil — Watch Explosive Excerpt From Tell-All
  3. Casey Anthony Will Be Offered Millions For First Interview Hooked Up To A Lie Detector

Custer

Posted at 7:56 PM on April 17, 2014

Anthony is one nasty psychotic narcissist. Reminds me of another, that Oscar Pritorous murderer.

Katy Perry in Munich for Thomas Sabo event

Posted at 4:47 AM on March 23, 2013

I’ll right away grab your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly allow me understand so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

Betty

Posted at 9:57 PM on July 3, 2012

WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT CASEY ANTHONY SHE IS A LIAR AND SHE’S ONLY COMING OUT SO SOMEONE MIGHT OFFER HER SOME MONEY HER ATTORNEY IS JUST AS BAD HE MAKES ME AS SICK AS SHE DOES…..NOW SHE WANTS EVERYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HER I HOPE SHE ROTS IN HIDING!

Ck

Posted at 9:36 AM on June 13, 2012

Breaking silence????? Sounds to me like another pathetic lie only this time it wasn’t from a jail phone. Talking to Casey is about as reliable as asking someone who is brain dead to drive a car,, come on quit giving her the spotlight, she needs to be thrown in a snake pit and made to tell the truth!!!!!

Heather

Posted at 2:27 AM on June 13, 2012

Casey Anthony is just quoting Whitney Housten when she says her daughter was her greatest accomplishment

Jen

Posted at 1:22 AM on June 13, 2012

I’m ashamed too. Killing my child to party would mess up my day too…once I sobered up.

Sue

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 13, 2012

She and her handlers still want to CASH IN on the tragic death of tiny Caylee. This is a different strategy to make big bucks and any news network or show or magazine should be banned and black listed. NO ONE SHOULD PROFIT OFF THIS POOR CHILD’S HORRIFIC DEATH.

There is no logical explanation to explain this senseless tragedy. This woman should be rotting in jail in solitary confinement not free as bird.

SIOVAHN

Posted at 10:36 PM on June 12, 2012

THEN WHO DID CASEY???????YOU LIED AND LIED AND LIED, YOU ARE SO GUILTY YOU CAN SMELL IT THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN. JUST GO PLAY IN THE TRAFFIC. THE WAY YOU TREATED YOUR MOM AND DAD THEY OUGHT TO LICK YOU BACK UP AND THROW THE KEY AWAY. ROTTEN PIG, SKANK,

Jen

Posted at 1:24 AM on June 13, 2012

Yep, her parents should lick her.