Bethenney Frankel Reveals She Had A Miscarriage

Tue, June 12, 2012 5:53pm EDT by 5 Comments
Bethenney Frankel Reveals She Had A Miscarriage

In an intimate and revealing new interview, the reality star reveals her painful experience of losing her baby.

Bethenny Frankel shares her heartbreaking tragedy of being pregnant with a second baby and having a miscarriage at eight weeks.

In Glamour‘s July issue, the 41-year-old mentioned the guilt that she felt when she found she would lose her baby, asking her doctor, “Is it because I’m busy? My lifestyle? Is this my fault?”

Bethenny, who has a daughter Bryn, 2, with husband Jason Hoppy, shared her mixed emotions about the miscarriage. “Afterward, I went through a range of emotions. There was something so sad about it — that there had been a life there, and then suddenly it was not there. There was also, I have to admit, a bit of relief that I wouldn’t be starting my new TV job seven months pregnant. And then there was immense guilt at the relief.”

The former Real Housewives of New York star had learned it would have been a girl…

“[My doctor] told me that the tests came back as ‘female fetus, normal.’ He was reading off a chart, reassuring me that there wasn’t some chromosomal abnormality. But all I heard was ‘female,’ and I fell to pieces. I was picturing Bryn with a little sister. Two little girls in rain boots.”

– Lorraine Chow

More Bethenny Frankel news:

1. Is Bethenny Frankel Pregnant? — New Bump Pic
  2. Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy Not Getting A Divorce Yet: Exaggerating For Press
  3. Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy Are Not Connected, Says Expert

Courtney

Posted at 6:08 AM on June 13, 2012

@Tam it’s not bullcrap at all they do genetic testing when a woman miscarries that can determine the gender her child would’ve been. As for Bethenny she’s using this for sympathy more than 10 million women miscarry annually and some actual stars that went through it decades ago still haven’t talked about it publically yet. for example beloved academy award winning screen legend Joanne Woodward suffered one on her honeymoon 54+ years ago and has still never spoken of it publically directly though she’s allued to it. When and If she releases her autobiography will some of you be so rude if hollybaby were to pick up the story

Sunday

Posted at 1:38 AM on June 13, 2012

Oh, how sad!!! :((

Sam

Posted at 7:50 PM on June 12, 2012

um, actually you can… they do genetic testing and are able to tell the gender…

tam

Posted at 7:24 PM on June 12, 2012

um really… a miscarriage at 8 weeks and she knew it was a girl.. i call bullcrap.. you CANNOT find out gender that early.. how ridiculous

mom of 3

Posted at 10:47 PM on June 12, 2012

She didn’t say she knew the sex, she said she heard the word female and that’s it. A miscarriage is the hardest thing for a woman to experience, even more so when they don’t know why it happened. I suffered one and it killed me. What made it worse was the dr said my body aborted the baby, I hated hearing that. I felt like it was my fault, like I did something wrong.