'Teen Wolf' Recap: Lydia Has Another Scary Vision — What Does It Mean?

Mon, June 11, 2012 11:13pm EDT by 34 Comments

L’s and G’s, there’s officially a she-wolf on the loose in Beacon Hills — and I’m officially freaking out.

Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) grew his pack on the June 11 episode of Teen Wolf by sinking his teeth into Erica (Gage Golightly), an awkward girl who may or may not have once peed herself in school, and it took about two seconds for her to set her sights on our boy Scott (Tyler Posey). But does she want him, or want him dead? The verdict is still out on that one, unfortunately.

I will say, though, that I was super displeased that Erica put her skanky werewolf moves on Scott in the middle of the hallway — especially in front of Allison (Crystal Reed). Considering her dad is training her harder then ever, the last thing she needs is a reason to be pissed at werewolves.

Oh, did I forget to mention the other werewolf on the horizon? Derek’s new “buddy” Boyd, who drives a sweet Zamboni, is now in on the whole werewolf secret — and he wants to be just like Scott.

As for the season’s big scaly mystery, we didn’t get any new clues about the identity of the lizard creature — patience, my friends — but we did get new insight as to what the heck is going on with Lydia (Holland Roden). First, Jackson (Colton Haynes) accused her of somehow disspelling his wolf bite with her anti-were saliva — he’s no doctor, but I think he’s onto something — and then she had one of her trademark visions. This time, she saw Peter (Ian Bohen) trapped underneath the ice at the skating rink, and he didn’t seem too thrilled to be there.

So what could her vision mean? It’s clear that Peter is contacting her from the beyond, but why? Is Lydia somehow the key to bringing him back to Beacon Hills? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Speaking of waiting and seeing, the last scene showed Jackson lifting the back of his truck out of the mud, and he seemed pretty pleased with himself. Does he have some powers after all?

Side note: is Teen Wolf getting more homoerotic with each passing week? Not only did Stiles crack a joke about making out with Scott, but there was some definite weirdness when Mr. Argent told Jackson that he’s “good looking.” (Again, not complaining, just reporting. And enjoying.)

OK, let’s talk: What do you make of Lydia’s little vision of Peter in the ice? Are you worried Erica will get in the way of Scott and Allison? And, seriously, did Jackson end up getting some new powers from Derek’s bite after all? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

uwaani adam

Posted at 3:06 PM on November 24, 2012

i really like the’teen wolf’ more than the vampires diaries.it actually interesting

Astrid

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 9, 2012

Wth is going on with lydia?!?!!!!! On tonights episode “restraint”. She was making out with peter???? But isnt he dead??? Ahh spoilers pleaseeeee!

mads

Posted at 11:12 PM on July 9, 2012

I just watched the newest episode nd they have in fact revealed that jackson is the kanaima. I think the man with the camera the one who is freakishly obsessed with allison is controlling jackson(kanaima) i have no idea whats going on with lydia.

Jessie

Posted at 9:04 PM on July 3, 2012

I think that jackson is the kanaima, but he thinks that nothing happen to him during the full moon. Lydia is not a shapeshifter because her blood mmakes her immune like she was with the bite of the alpha in season 1.

Andy

Posted at 10:54 PM on June 22, 2012

I’ve done my research and I’m pretty sure Lydia is the kanaima (lizard monster). A kanaima is a predator and monster solely bent on revenge. It results from the inhabitation of two spirits in one body. This would fit into the context of the story as the previous alpha would want revenge and did bite lydia. Also the reason it did not attack styles is because lydia likes him, and so did Peter (he offered him the bite). Lydia keeps seeing Peter in mirrors because he is inside her and that’s also where the thought she said to the shrink originated from.

deaira

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 29, 2012

Nope jackson is the lizard thingy !

Goonie

Posted at 5:58 PM on June 19, 2012

I believe the snake creature is this weird guy who is in the Lacross team with Scott and Stiles, you know, the one who seems way too much interested in Alison and takes picture of her all the time, and also lent his camera to Jackson. He saw Issac being bullied by his father and then the man was dead, for some reason I’m sure it’s him.
I believe Jackson is not this creature, neither is Lidya, they’re probably something supernatural but not this creature.

Case

Posted at 2:14 AM on June 19, 2012

Remember when derek stabbed his claws into jackson’s neck? Derek had that bullet in his arm at the time, and maybe the bullet’s posion or whatever went into jackson’s neck. now the poison is keeping the bite from completely changing him…?

JustinMJ

Posted at 9:24 PM on June 17, 2012

Maybe Lydia is a witch or some sort of magical being?

Joe

Posted at 3:22 PM on June 14, 2012

I think jackson is not turning because of derek pushing his claws in the back of jackson’s neck in 1 of the earlier episodes. and now it’s acting as a vaccination just like they were learning in class.
To everyone that hates Grampa Argent and Momma Argent voice your opinions. cause as of this time i even like Mr. Argent more. he seems more sympathetic for Scott and Jackson

OG88

Posted at 11:32 AM on June 14, 2012

I believe Jackson is a either a werewolf or the lizard creature.Would make plenty of sense if he was.

OG88

Posted at 8:22 AM on June 14, 2012

Thia show is awesome.A very awesome show.

John

Posted at 6:38 PM on June 13, 2012

There will be a BIG secret coming out about Jackson and his family. He is def going to turn into a Wolf and Lydia is something else lol.
I think Boyd is gonna be on Scott’s side only because when the Wolves were fighting he was very unsure. He also quotes ” Your right, I want to be just like you.” (he says this with an unsure face)
THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD SHOW ANYWHERE! GOOD JOB MTV!

Bunnycat

Posted at 2:00 PM on June 13, 2012

I think Jackson could be lizard boy and I think that’s why he’s rejecting Derek’s bite. He is adopted, so maybe there’s something to his real family that we are going to learn about. :)
ORRRRRRRR maybe the lizard is grandpa argent. Remember in one scene he’s popping prescription pills right when Allison’s dad comes into his office to talk to him.

Whatever happens, I can’t wait! I LOVEEEEEEEE THIS SHOW! :)

Lilly

Posted at 6:56 PM on June 12, 2012

i just gotta say… i think Jackson could be the next possible alpha… because IF he is a Hale.. he will turn soon… this is why Derek hasn’t even contact him.. and he backed away in the bathroom scene when he saw Jackson bleeding :S

Mich

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 12, 2012

I think that lydia is a part of hale and scott pack thats why she keeps seeing him, shes deff a wearwolf, idk maybe the female alfa?

M

Posted at 1:20 PM on June 12, 2012

Hmm well I deffinatelythinkthat Allison will get jelous of Erica basically pouncing on Scott
Hey something I don’t understand, why are Ll the other ware wolves against Scott? Is it because he won’t go completely against the hunters because of Allison?
Anyways I LOVE the show
Scott is one sexy beast (no pun intended :P )
Lol I also couldn’t stop laughing when styles said “styles also wants to have a good time, many many times in a row, IN DIFFERENT POSSITIONS”
Lol gotta love styles

Querrida

Posted at 12:36 PM on June 12, 2012

Teen Wolf is the best show right now i cant miss an episode and i will re-watch it again when it air because people keep interrupting me while i was watching it. and Yes i didn’t like what Erica did to Scott and Derek i just fall in love with Him. .

Chezy J

Posted at 7:23 PM on June 27, 2012

You Can Watch It On MTV.COM if you miss an episode.

cinephilactic

Posted at 10:56 AM on June 12, 2012

I don’t think it’s possible for the show to be more homoerotic (lol). Definitely not complaining, but if we’re being honest, this week’s episode was probably the least homoerotic (compared to the pilot when Scott sniffs his teammates?!)

Wasn’t as big a fan of this episode as the two openers. Lydia and Jackson continue to intrigue, but aside from that watching Erica skank up seemed obvious and a little dull, even if having Gage Golightly back on TV is nice).

Our take: http://wp.me/p1VQBq-11K

emma

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 12, 2012

the old alapha aka dereks uncle is the lizard or lydia is the lizard . i cant wait till next monday teen wolf is the best show ever made i really wanted jackson too turn into a wolf a liltle upset that he wont be one i just hope he doesnt die since fighting the bit means you could die

TW

Posted at 8:27 AM on June 12, 2012

Am I the only one who thought the fighting scene between Scott, Erica n the other guy completely sucked? I mean they are supposed to have super strength and animal insticts so why r they fighting like humans while on their transformed?? Shouldn’ t the fighting scenes be more exciting and animal-like??

tammy

Posted at 1:48 AM on June 12, 2012

I think Lydia is definitely the lizard thing, and Jackson…Well, I hope he isn’t anything. He only held it up for like 2 seconds, he’s no Edward Cullen here now. So…I’m sure he’ll be something, but I’m not sure what.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:54 AM on June 12, 2012

Maybe Lydia’s super saliva didn’t completely dispel the bite. Maybe she just weakened it. He might have SOME powers, after all.

Lilly

Posted at 6:50 PM on June 12, 2012

hmmmm… interesting.,. it’s just a matter of TIME!!

Channelle Russell

Posted at 11:31 PM on June 11, 2012

I think that Erica and Scott would be perfect together. Maybe it’s just me but whatever. I already knew that Lydia was having visions of Peter. Remember the burnt arm and him being burned, twice? And Jackson has some serious problems. Why does he want to be a werewolf so badly?

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:37 PM on June 11, 2012

Honestly, I don’t know why ANYONE would want to be a werewolf. TV shows make being a vampire look seductive, but I feel like becoming a wolf on this show would be awful.

Adam

Posted at 11:27 PM on June 11, 2012

wow……you didnt even talk about Boyd.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:28 PM on June 11, 2012

Haha, I’m amending the post as we speak.

Anon

Posted at 11:24 PM on June 11, 2012

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I think I like it more than The Vampire Diaries now. I’m pretty sure I might be.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:27 PM on June 11, 2012

More than TVD?! Whoa there, buddy ;)

No, I can see that. This season is really really good. It’s definitely found its footing and I’m loving it, too.

Anon

Posted at 7:24 AM on June 12, 2012

This season has definitely been on a roll. There’s something about Teen Wolf though that I think The Vampire Diaries doesn’t have or probably lost along the way. Plus, it’s much easier to believe what’s going on in Teen Wolf than TVD now.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:53 AM on June 12, 2012

I can’t argue with that. Somehow, Teen Wolf feels realistic. Like, if werewolves were real. ;)

Lilly

Posted at 6:53 PM on June 12, 2012

…. naah it’s just a matter of watching all those HOT GUYS and their torsos :D