Eric Dane Speaks Out About Lexie's Death On 'Grey's Anatomy'

Mon, June 11, 2012 10:14pm EDT by 9 Comments
Lexie Grey Dies

Actor Eric Dane talks about Chyler Leigh’s tragic departure from the show. Does he think Mark and Lexie are soul mates?

We were all devastated when Lexie died on Grey’s Anatomy but nobody was more upset than Mark Sloan himself. So what does the actor who plays Mark, Eric Dane, feel about Chyler Leigh leaving the show?

Eric told E! Online that he wasn’t entirely surprised by Lexie’s death. “I knew that Chyler wanted to spend some more time with her family, and it’s difficult,” he said. “It’s a tough schedule to keep up and she’s been working on the show for five seasons, so I wasn’t shocked. A little surprised, but not shocked, and we’re going to miss her.”

Still, even though Lexie is gone, does he see her as Mark’s soul mate? “I think so. I think that’s how it ended up.”

Sniffle.

Meanwhile, Sarah Drew, whose character April drew wrath from Lexie fans who claimed April should have been the one to die in the season finale, admitted she cried when she found out Chyler was leaving. “We were all weeping at the table read because nobody knew it was coming,” she revealed. “There were rumors that maybe somebody might die, but nobody knew who. Well I guess she knew, but the rest of us didn’t! We really did sob our way through that table read, it was pretty sad.”

Are you still torn up about Lexie dying? Do you wish the plane had, er, crushed someone else? Sound off in the comments!

Sabah

Posted at 10:15 AM on May 13, 2013

I really loved the show and mark and lexie were probably the main reason of me watching Gray’s anatomy. I think that was the worst idea that could come to their mind and i totally hate it.
Every time i watched it i watched it cos i was hoping they ll be together again nd this is what happend. lol I was a hugeeeeeeeeee fan now i just hate the whole show. Huge disappointment !

Susan Dickens

Posted at 9:22 AM on October 1, 2012

Not happy that two of the biggest love stories on night time drama left the show….. :(. Not sure in the long run how Grey’s Anatomy will rate now. Time will tell.

Chanelle19

Posted at 6:38 PM on August 16, 2012

I just finished the season today, and boy did I cry like a little girl when Lexie died. It was so sad that the entire season, she loved Mark, and wanted to tell him and whatever, and when he finally knows, it’s her time to depart Earth. Makes you think about life that way.. In a different light. When Mark said “I love you” back to her, that broke my heart.. All this time they could’ve been together – but it seems that we as people only in the most tragic of times do we start realising what’s right in front of us all along. I know it’s just a series, but it touched me.. & after 8 seasons, we have grown attached to these people, these characters.. *sigh*

sara

Posted at 10:01 PM on August 4, 2012

umm i care if alex dies what are u talking about, he’s been there since the beginning! april or like adele should have died instead of lexieee though D': cuz shonda like made lexie go all like i love you and stuff to mark and then she killed her?! that isn’t fairrrr ughh!

Hillary

Posted at 2:35 AM on June 14, 2012

I was devasted when Lexie died, I cried like a baby. April should have died!!! Lol or Alex, no one cares about them. But my biggest concern is who is going to make it? It’s either Arizona or Mark I strongly believe one of them willl not make it, Mark can join Lexie. That’s what I’m hoping for. Calzona!!!<3

Bronnie1111

Posted at 11:15 AM on June 13, 2012

Nobody should die! especially not Lexie she and Mark just got it right :(

sara

Posted at 10:02 PM on August 4, 2012

ughh i knowww D': THEY WERE AND STILL ARE MY FAV COUPLE ON THE SHOWW!! ITS NOT FAIR THAT THEYY ARE THE TWO TO LEAVEEEE D': I LOVE THEEMMMM :(

jenny

Posted at 11:11 PM on June 12, 2012

kepner sucks and is super annoying she shoulda gonr

Jo-Ann

Posted at 7:42 AM on June 12, 2012

Miranda Bailey is the one who should have died, she became so annoying!!!
Bring back Lexie!!