Robert Pattinson: Why I Don't Let The Haters Get Me Down

Sat, June 9, 2012 9:51am EST by 21 Comments
Robert Pattinson Interview

In a new interview, Rob opens up about how he’s able to remain so level-headed even when people attack his celebrity status — he’s the best superstar ever!

Robert Pattinson is an amazing actor, but he’s so famous that he often draws negative attention. In a new interview, he reveals that the haters just fuel his desire to be even more professional!

Rob, 26, spoke with British paper The Guardian about criticism — and how is pushes him to be even better.

“I don’t really know how accepted I am,” he said. “Nothing ever matters to me apart from the people with negative opinions. That’s literally it. That always drives me on to the next thing. It’s funny, you just focus on them and then the next movie. That’s the only thing you’re thinking about when it comes out.”

Do YOU think Rob is the most talented actor ever, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More Rob:

1. Robert Pattinson: Being Famous Makes Me Feel Disconnected
  2. Robert Pattinson: Edward Cullen Is ‘An Animal’ & ‘A Sex Machine’
  3. ‘Bel Ami’ Opens Today: Critics Love Robert Pattinson

KS

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 11, 2012

Yes, he is) Not most talented , cous this is just silly, but hes very talented!

Kristiiina

Posted at 9:45 AM on June 10, 2012

Definitely one of the cutest! <3

ana

Posted at 8:42 AM on June 10, 2012

i think rob has to be strong all this kind of people and not to giveup one day sure twi fans sure they will support him just wait

Jessica

Posted at 8:24 PM on June 9, 2012

No Robert is not the most talented actor I have ever seen but he is indeed talented, he’s growing with every role. Why do we need to constantly compare actors/musicians? Why can’t we just enjoy all the artists out there for what it is that they do bring to us ,which is joy and entertainment. As for Robert I am a huge fan and I look forward to watching his career grow in the coming years, he’s definitely got the raw talent he just needs that one perfect role to prove it to all of the nay Sayers who don’t realize it yet!

cayuga flash

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 9, 2012

jess, i believe he has that, in Cosmopolis! will you ever forget the character’s name he plays in “c”? no, eric packer is permanently part of the public concious now, just as the character, edward cullin, in “twilight saga”,, as the character, “art” in “how to be” (which incidentally–won him “best actor” in the Lee Strasbourg film festival), as daniel gale in “bad mother’s hand-book”, as tyler keith hawkins in “remember me”, as jacob jankowski in “water for elephants”, and toby jugg in “the haunted airman”…and not to forget–cedric diggory in “hp-golet of fire”…
a great actor needs, not just “one perfect role” to be creditable, but a solid body of work, and he HAS that even though he’s just turned 26 years old, and unlike, say, kristen (no–this isn’t a swipe) who has been an actor for many, many years, what he’s accomplished is nothing short of breath-taking.
i see and hear from his interviews that he understands that there needs to be the big box-office movies as he can get them, so i’m hoping he continues to strive for balance between commercial success, and artistic success…i truly believe he can have them both with the support of his true friends/fans.
p.s. i’m so glad he and kris have quit smoking!! (CONFETTI, CONFETTI!)

cayuga flash

Posted at 8:12 PM on June 9, 2012

buenos dias, deya! como esta?
i don’t think that any reporters have bothered to ask rob about the colossal distribution mess bel ami’s producers have made regarding our ability to see this movie on the big screen…i, too, am discouraged about this “selected screening” only in certain cities and parts of apparently ANY country, and i’m sure the same will apply to a lesser extent to cosmopolis! at least cronenberg, the director of C, seems to have a real interest in encouraging everyone to see his film…conversely, i believe that the producers of ba, have gotten their money back on the bel ami project and they since have cared nothing about rob’s fans or the viewing public in general…as for bd2,
i’m thinking that there won’t be problems like this with bd2, because it’s still a big franchise promotion.
so, deya, we’re all right there with you on this problem, and when i see how hard rob has been promoting C, i believe that if there had been any promotional consideration set in motion by bel ami’s producers, he’d have done for that film as well. it must be very frustrating for him as well. i expect that by the way this has been handled, he’s lost ALOT of money on it, so in no way have these producers and backers done right by rob, or his fans. i will personally never go see any other movie venture they produce…shame on them! if rob ever gets to the point, deya, where he has power about where films are premiered or where promotional tours go, i’m certain he’d do better than these ba bunglers have done!!

DEYA GUTZA

Posted at 7:15 PM on June 9, 2012

WHY ROB PATTINSON NOT COMING TO MEXICO TO PROMOTE HIS MOVIES BEN AMI, COSMOPOLIS AND BD2, THE FANS OF MEXICO ARE WAITING TO HIM?

grete

Posted at 5:44 PM on June 9, 2012

I’m sorry, but has he got any oscars? For as long as I know not, so I think it is really weird to even ask that question then!

cayuga flash

Posted at 8:20 PM on June 9, 2012

i know, grete, i totally agree! it borders on the inane, and begs the question: is there ANY intelligent life @ hollywood life?
they just keep using the old “bait & switch” tactic, anything to create–not just “controversy”, but given the tone some of the comments take, they’re after UGLY CONTROVERSY.
glad i don’t have bonnie fuller’s job; gosh her parents must be proud of all her literary contributions.(insert sarcastic awe here..)

starry

Posted at 11:07 AM on June 9, 2012

sorry but for young generation rob is the best actors and talented
jonny deep for old generation..he is to old if he is still talented he should more talented
sorry it’s mean all ppl comment here is old ha ha ha ha h….:D UPs sorry
coz i am young generation..

hellokitty2142

Posted at 1:46 PM on June 9, 2012

Honey I’m 14 and I’m not old. I’ve seen way more talented actors than Robert.

LittleMo

Posted at 1:48 PM on June 9, 2012

Talking the way you’re talking makes you more than 14. And if you are 14, you still need to stop that because at 14 you don’t have enough life under your belt yet to have the chops to talk like that. Either way, back off.

hellokitty2142

Posted at 2:12 PM on June 9, 2012

Do I care if I’m 14 and I say honey to someone? No because I can say whatever I want.

Sasha

Posted at 2:27 PM on June 9, 2012

@kitty. I agree with you and I think at 14 you are wise for not being like all the other girls out there who will kiss Robs butt. I like Rob but I know there are other actors out there who are far more talented than he is.

Lonny

Posted at 10:33 AM on June 9, 2012

Sorry,you are not a good actor,yet,maybe in time.

Ruby

Posted at 10:04 AM on June 9, 2012

Sorry, but I think johny depp is the most talented actor.

ni duong

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 9, 2012

agree with you

LittleMo

Posted at 1:51 PM on June 9, 2012

Johnny Depp? Reallhy? After “The Touriist?” After “Dark Shadows?” REALLY?? I’ll take Rob P any day. And I’m not a teen fan, either. At 56 I was drawn into Twilight and the subjseqent projects of the cast by the young people in my family. Rob is a good guy.

cayuga flash

Posted at 8:33 PM on June 9, 2012

hey, littlemo, i totally hear ya’!
i think that rob has the potential for consistent greatness in him..he’s young and as we’ve seen through Cosmopolis director, cronenberg, the right director–giving him permission to trust himself in a performance and what’s inately inside a great actor, to let that out,–he’ll continue to grow as an actor in leaps and bounds.
like you,—i can hardly wait to see what’s next!
littlemo, reply me anytime…(big smile comin’ at ya’)
and yes, he IS a good guy.

judie7112

Posted at 12:03 AM on June 10, 2012

I totally agree!!!! LittleMo you are so right.

Dawn

Posted at 11:09 AM on June 10, 2012

I’m right there with you littlemo. I’m 38 years old and was introduced to Twilight by my nieces and mostly by a woman I work with who is in her sixties and a grandmother. Rob and Kristen have both managed to touch females of all ages and even my husband is a fan of both of them and even Twilight too. People want to watch them both act and not just in Twilight. That has to count for something. They both have a way of drawing people to them. If that’s not a sign of a great actor then I don’t know what is.