'America's Got Talent' Contestant Tim Poe Lied About Army Injury & Photo

Fri, June 8, 2012 9:40am EDT by 13 Comments

‘AGT’ producers are reportedly planning to cut Tim from the show. Do you feel betrayed?

Tim Poe, a veteran of the war in Afghanistan, stole America’s hearts June 4 with an emotional audition on America’s Got Talent — but little did viewers know, Tim was deceiving them the whole time. Not only did Tim provide a fake photograph from his time in service, but TMZ also reports that the army has no record of the injury he claims left him with a stutter.

AGT producers are reportedly planning on phasing Tim out of the competition, beginning with “definite edits” of his appearance during the upcoming Las Vegas audition round — and there’s a good chance he’ll be cut from the show altogether.

Howie Mandel tells TMZ he was “blown away” when the truth came out, adding, “I’m really angry with the guy.”

Still, Howie doesn’t believe Tim will be immediately disqualified from the competition.

What do YOU think? Should Tim be allowed to continue in the competition, or should his outright lies cost him his shot? Vote below, then take Tim to task in the comments section.

— Andy Swift

[TMZ]

More America’s Got Talent News:

1. ‘America’s Got Talent’: Andrew De Leon Is The Operatic Marilyn Manson
  2. ‘America’s Got Talent’: Veteran Tim Poe Moves The Crowd To Tears
  3. ‘America’s Got Talent’: Issac Brown Could Be The Next Michael Jackson

Barry

Posted at 6:55 PM on June 12, 2012

How dispicable can someone be. Had he still be in the service he would have been court marshalled ! Too bad there is not an attorney out there that realizes that he took someone elses slot for Vegas……so he should be sued by that person.

He should have been removed immediately……great example that Americas Got Talent is setting for children. They will keep him in re-runs for the ratings….maybe we should stop watching AGT……wonder how many others on it are FAKE stories?

Rick

Posted at 11:07 PM on June 11, 2012

I think he should not be allowed back on. We teach our children not to lie and to let this man back on would just be wrong. I have never served in the military, but I think he disrespected every person who ever served our country.

David

Posted at 9:01 AM on June 11, 2012

The 15 minutes of fame should be over. He should not be rewarded for telling such a gross untrueth.

Richard

Posted at 9:40 AM on June 9, 2012

What a con artist. I saw the TV segment on him in Texas.He even claimed he had been wounded in Iraq and he was never there. Also to suffer a broken back and brain injury in combat would have resulted in immediate medvac extraction from the site. Come on Tim

John

Posted at 10:22 PM on June 29, 2012

Exactly. Tim, I want you to know that I think that you are so dispicable. My gut wrenches everytime I think about that lie. Men and women die all the time for this country, AND YOU THINK ITS OK TO LIE AND SAY THAT YOU WERE WOUNDED IN AFGANISTAN?!?!?!? WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING?!? DO YOU THINK ITS OK TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THAT??? DO YOU THINK ITS OK TO LIE TO AMERICA??????? ‘CUZ IF YOU DO, THEN I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU BUDDY! THIS IS NOT “OK”. YOU HAVE LIED TO AND BETRAYED OVER 2 MILLION PEOPLE. YOU HAVE NOOOOO IDEA HOW YOU HAVE HURT ALL THESE PEOPLE.

Kenny

Posted at 11:10 PM on June 8, 2012

He is talented but he’s in the wrong business. He’s an awesome actor. Are you kidding me. I caught on pretty quick though when he didn’t stutter at the end. I have a cousin that stutters and it don’t go away. He’s potetic

B. Scott

Posted at 12:50 PM on June 8, 2012

I don’t even think his stutter was legit…if you notice it came and went…even Howie commented he didn’t stutter at the end.

Abyf

Posted at 11:30 AM on June 8, 2012

Negative? what’s negative and mind blowingly a complete disgrace is this D-bag. The first time I even listened to his story before all this crap about him lying came out i thought it was fishy. I mean… really? “I yelled grenade and went to jump on top of my guys” WTF although NO ONE knows about this, if that had happened, he wouldn’t have been the only one who knew about it, wouldn’t have been the only one to get hurt, and wouldn’t have to “tell people” like he said he did, about what happened. Shit like that does not go unrecorded in the Army. if there is an incident like that where there is an explosion, they immediately take note and test even the soldiers who claim they’re fine a TBI test. He should be kicked off and sued for using other people’s pictures and stolen Valor.

Artist Suzanne

Posted at 12:36 AM on June 11, 2012

Right on! This dirt bag could have made on his talent without all the disgraceful lies. IT IS SO hard for the real wounded veterans. Not only should be kicked off now but he should be arrested and sued by AGT.

Todd bezrutczyk

Posted at 10:20 AM on June 8, 2012

I think he has talent but what does that say about his character and do we want that type of representation. I am a 6 year vet and thought it funnie abvout the math of his service time! I don’t think anybody should be given credit for anything they can do if they use Military Service fraud in anyway!

Guest

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 8, 2012

Apparently none of you negative people have access to the local news near Dallas Texas or you would have seen the proof that was presented to the public….Perhaps you should contact Channel 8 WFAA (Insider. Are you really ready for the truth? If so call them!

Holly

Posted at 10:32 AM on June 8, 2012

The Minnesota National Guard, which he claimed to be a part of, said there are no records of him receiving any injury while in Afghanistan. The “proof” that you saw is just as easily fabricated as his story was.

dsmitty53

Posted at 2:53 PM on June 8, 2012

I just visited the WFAA websie and they carry the same stories about the fraud. Are you saying proof he lied or didn’t lie? I suppose he could have been part of a mixup on the part of the military with his records, but he should have a DD214 or separation docs that show his service, medals, etc. He should have a disability account witht the VA and perhaps receives disability pay from the military?
Has anyone checked with his speech therapist that he mentioned on TV during the show? Where did he have his back surgery and what doctors?