Chris Hemsworth Thinks Miley Cyrus & Liam Are Too Young To Marry

Fri, June 8, 2012 12:30pm EDT by 16 Comments

Miley & Liam may be engaged, but big brother Chris isn’t sure the couple is ready to say ‘I do!’

Even though Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have been going strong since 2009 when they met on the set of The Last Song, not everyone thinks the lovebirds are ready to walk down the aisle.

When Liam’s big bro, Chris Hemsworth, was asked for his opinion at The Avengers premiere, he said, “They’re like 21 or something. I can’t see that happening.”

Little did he know that only a few months later the couple would announce their engagement. “I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam,” Miley told People.

Do YOU agree with Chris — are Miley and Liam too young to get married?

Jennifer Kamm

More Miley:

1. Miley Cyrus And Liam Hemsworth Will Make The Perfect Husband And Wife
  2. Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus: The Real Reason They Wanted To Marry So Young
  3. Miley Cyrus Calls Liam Hemsworth Her ‘Fiancé’ — So Cute

Rhianna

Posted at 11:39 AM on August 15, 2012

Its there choice to marry at that age! If they are really in love they would but if not they will regret it. But its not about the age its about who u want to be with for the rest of your life.

sam

Posted at 8:51 PM on July 10, 2012

Leave them alone there people let them make there own decisions without your stuid oppinion. they don’t care what you say if they wanna do something there gonna do it. leave them alone.

De'Adra R.

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 1, 2012

I agree with Chris and not just because he is cute. They just are ya I know a lot of kids get married at their age but that’s only because the girls pregnant or something like that. Not because one of them are scared that the other one is going to dump them.

Bekah

Posted at 8:49 PM on May 29, 2013

Just saying, I’ve been happily married for over a year and I am 20 years old. My marriage is strong and my husband, who is in the USAF, feels the same. We’re young, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t ready.

i'm from oneof smilers(yours Milz)

Posted at 5:23 PM on June 22, 2012

I’M AGREE WITH Chris.THEY ARE TOO YOUNG FOR WEDDING LIFE ,BUT I WOULD HAVE THAT THEY LIFE THEY OWN LIFE ,BECOME matured properly,AND THEN DECIDED WHAT THEY REALLY WANT,NOT BUT SUDDENLY SO IF YOU DO NOT MAKE ANYTHING AND THEY WILL EXPERIENCE LIFE ENOUGH FOR BOTH,ANYWAY ,MILZ I TRUST AND BELIEVE U,YOUR EVERY STEPS,I FOLLOW THEM,HOPE YOU’LL BE REALLY HAPPY,WITH LIAM,HEY LIAM MAKE HER HAPPY PLEASE,I ASK U AS A FRIEND

Kathy

Posted at 9:56 AM on June 14, 2012

At their ages, and with the celebrity status, they are MUCH too young to be even thinking of marriage. Marriage in itself is VERY hard and must be worked at continually. For two young kids to get married, be in the spotlight, and be away from each other with their careers, it will NEVER work without a LOT of dedication, commitment and taking the word divorce OUT of their vocabulary. They should wait at least another 4 years or more.

hotwingz

Posted at 12:38 PM on June 11, 2012

who are we to make the decisions right? if they want to marry then marry! if they want to get divorced few yrs later who are we to judge? keep in mind that celebrities are ordinary people too

Jessica

Posted at 3:35 AM on June 11, 2012

Im such and idio, I had no idea they were brothers, hahaha!!!

Callie

Posted at 12:38 PM on June 9, 2012

If they think they love eachother why shouldnt they get married its their life

symptoms of rotator cuff tear

Posted at 10:54 PM on June 8, 2012

Magnificent points altogether, you just won a logo new reader. What could you recommend about your submit that you made a few days in the past? Any positive?

hellokitty2142

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 8, 2012

Umm HL why are you telling us that ‘Chris thinks there too young to get married’ again? you already told us about this story.

HSR

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 8, 2012

I bet if they marry this young they will divorce later.
I have no idea why they feel they need to rush into it.
They’ve already been together for a long time.
I’m sure it was all her! Remember those pics of her posting a photo of a ring on her left ring finger that stirred if she was engaged? She then said she wasn’t. She then started calling Liam her fiancé, and said she does it for fun. She is crazy! I feel bad for Liam!!!!

dante

Posted at 2:02 PM on June 8, 2012

I think they should wait 3 or 4 years later.

NaturalGirl101

Posted at 3:17 PM on June 8, 2012

Or two years at the least.

rebecca

Posted at 1:50 PM on June 8, 2012

Doni

Posted at 3:32 PM on June 8, 2012

They should get married as soon as they wish and have two adorable babies and live happily forever !