Wilmer Valderrama Says Ex-Girlfriend Demi Lovato Will Be 'Amazing' On X-Factor

Thu, June 7, 2012 4:17pm EDT by 9 Comments
Wilmer Valderrama and Demi Lovato

Wilmer and Demi had a notoriously rough break-up.  But in an exclusive interview with HollywoodLife, Wilmer is super supportive of his ex!

Wilmer Valderrama and Demi Lovato have had a rocky past…  but Wilmer recently complimented Demi’s new job in an exclusive HollywoodLife.com interview!  How sweet!!

Wilmer and Demi’s break-up was long and painful and we all watched it happen, again and again.

But in an exclusive interview with HollywoodLife.com, Wilmer wishes Demi all the best for her new stint as a celebrity judge on X-Factor!

“I am very proud of everyone in my life who [has] come back from some great obstacles,” he said, obviously referring to Demi’s recent struggles with body image and her time in rehab.

But Wilmer is super excited at the prospect of Demi’s gig on X-Factor and says he believes in her “so much” adding, “I have no doubt that she will be amazing!”

He still considers Demi a close pal, and Wilmer says he is very lucky to have “a small group of friends who have embraced each other to empower each other to do great things.”

Wilmer is currently working on the NERDS Unite! With Wonka campaign to fight against bullying. This is a cause close to both Demi and Wilmer’s hearts. “I have been taking notes the last ten years of whats been happening in entertainment, a lot of awareness has been shined on this crisis and as time has gone by I have seen all the attempts and what the industry has been doing to tell people about bullying, seeing all there attempts and there experiments really and how we should inspire kids to really embrace their inner selves,” explains Wilmer. “And to me it seemed scattered, all the efforts seemed scattered. So when I partnered up with Wonka about bullying, this was the campaign.”

– Margaret Quigley, reporting by Russ Weakland

More Demi and Wilmer news:

1. Are Demi Lovato & Wilmer Valderrama Back Together?
  2. Demi Lovato: How I Coped With Wilmer Valderrama Split
  3. Demi Lovato’s Love Triangle With Wilmer Valderrama & Minka Kelly

jenny

Posted at 2:03 AM on June 13, 2012

I love demi lovato and i think she caN make it work

jessika

Posted at 11:05 PM on June 7, 2012

DEMI IS LOVELY ALWAYS !!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED

rebecca

Posted at 5:58 PM on June 7, 2012

YAY ! WAY TO GO TO DEMI! YOU DON’T A CREEP LIKE WILMER IN YOUR LIFE ! HE HURT YOU AND CHEATED YOU! HE’S A JERK! YOU DESERVE JOE

dani

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 7, 2012

Demi is too good for both Joe and Wilmer. They look like man but act like children. Between the 2 of them Wilmer is actually better, because he at least stuck with Demi before, during and after she was in the treatment center.

Mike

Posted at 7:07 PM on June 7, 2012

Obviously he was with her because he was her boyfriend when it happened, joe was her ex just like a lot of other guys like Alex, trace etc. I personally am not too fond of any 30 year old men hitting on 17 year olds, the age Demi was when he got with her. He took advantage of her age and having just gone through a breakup with A boyfriend. II will never like him as a person. As a Demi fan however I will try to respect her choices even though I may not agree with them.

Marky mark

Posted at 8:36 PM on June 7, 2012

Seriously? Shut up. Demi can do whatever the hell she wants with her life. If Wilmer hurt or cheated on her it’s her business and she can decide for herself what she wants. If she wants to be with him and he makes her happy then whatever, it’s her life. Joe and Demi dated two years ago, they are over now. They didn’t workout and won’t get back together again, so Please get over it. They aren’t and weren’t meant to be together. I hope Joe finds someone in his life he’s happy with, Like Demi found someone that makes her hapPy even if he’s too old for her. Lol

Kathy

Posted at 8:53 PM on June 7, 2012

Joe and Demi weren’t in love with eachother. They dated because people wanted them together. After they broke up Demi immediately starting seeing Wilmer, oh such true love rme. Please wake up and smell the coffee. They are better off without eachother.

sarah

Posted at 5:41 PM on June 7, 2012

Demi said (indirectly) on twitter that he played her.. I doubt that they are friends and she doesn’t need shady people like that in her life.
BYEE WILMER AND FADE INTO IRRELEVANCY

Dani

Posted at 6:37 PM on June 7, 2012

I’ll look back and regret how I ignored when they said run as fast as you can” Dear John….. LOL Demi killed me with this one….