Robert Pattinson: I'm Sorry I Was 'Pretentious'

Thu, June 7, 2012 11:54am EDT by 8 Comments
Robert Pattinson Interview

You have to hand it to Robert Pattinson. He actually admits in a new TV interview that he became “pretentious” and even behaved like a “douchebag”,  before getting himself back in line.

Isn’t this one of the reasons we love Robert Pattinson – he is just so down to earth, despite his enormous fame.

Rob confessed that he suffered from a brush with pretentiousness in an interview with Canadian late night talk show host, George Stroumboulopoulos. The interview will air tonight , June 7.

He explained that despite becoming a huge movie star, earning $20 million plus a year, he had been determined to remain humble.

“I was really fighting to not look pretentious for years, and someone gives you one inch of the possibility of being pretentious, (in Cannes, where he was asked about his ‘craft’) and you’re like grabbing it so hard, going around being the biggest douchebag,” Rob laughed.

We love that Rob was so anxious to let his fans know that being “pretentious” is not the real Rob. “I’ve kind of reined it in again,” he said about his lapse into douchebaggery.

And if anything, we got to see once more in this interview how Robert Pattinson is the opposite of “pretentious” or a “douchebag.” The guy is actually, shockingly lacking in self-confidence.

After all the mega-success of the Twilight movies, Rob’s head hasn’t been enlarged in the least. “I thought I was totally oversaturated everywhere, I wanted to do tiny parts (in movies) or maybe no parts at all… I was really, really determined to find ensemble pieces or anything small just so I didn’t have to be in everybody’s face and annoying everyone.”

Well Rob, we can assure you that you are anything but annoying and we can’t wait to see lots of you coming up in Cosmopolis, Rover and Mission Blacklist and many, many more films.

Bonnie Fuller

More Robert Pattinson

1. Robert Pattinson Admits: I Wanted To Hide Out After ‘Twilight’ — So Burnt Out
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Should Have Announced Their Engagement
  3. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart’s Super Romantic Wedding Of The Year

tina

Posted at 11:48 AM on June 8, 2012

For god sake people he is not married ! very young and humble nice guy. he cant win with u people! so evey women in come into contact he sleep with quit while u r ahead. kristen dump her ex for him 3yrs ago leyt it go because she is not a saint rob was single she was not so who is the one more likely to cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! common sense people

Lori

Posted at 1:11 AM on June 8, 2012

He always seems to have some kind of secret agenda.

delaney

Posted at 9:06 PM on June 7, 2012

well i guess you didn’t listen to his interviews he was a jerk putting kristen down screwing around with sarah gaydon putting down eveything twilight go back and watch him in canne and then he come up with this lame excuse wait for it i didn’t think i would have a career after twilight barf i just went to a memorial for a yong man 20 yrs old that died i afganistan for our country and this 26 yr old can’t get it together what a joke he is and now to do damage contro he says he wants to make a movie with jim carrey get a life yes i have been watching him and the garbage spewing out of his mouth omg bet you don’t post this

Sarah

Posted at 8:28 PM on June 7, 2012

Rob does not appear to be pretentious, but honestly, I do think that Kristen Stewart is pretty pretentious. Her interviews mostly consist of: “I wouldn’t do that. That’s not me.” Me, me, me. Bow down to the pretentious hipster queen that is Kristen Stewart.

Dawn

Posted at 9:42 AM on June 8, 2012

Kristen says what she feels. She’s true to herself and not fake like most of the actresses in Hollywood.

me

Posted at 5:55 PM on June 7, 2012

Have to love Rob! He is the best! He seems so nice!

tina

Posted at 4:09 PM on June 7, 2012

he’s the one!! how the celebs’d look like, not far in the sky! god … thx for rob

denn

Posted at 1:30 PM on June 7, 2012

He is just one great person