Jim Carrey Is Wrong For Not Visiting Jenny McCarthy's Son, Says Expert

Wed, June 6, 2012 6:45pm EDT by 12 Comments
Jenny McCarthy And Jim Carrey Fighting

Funny man Jim Carrey has had zero contact with the son of his ex-girlfriend, Jenny McCarthy, since the couple split in 2010. Find out why our expert says Jim is in the wrong!

Breaking up is hard to do, but it’s even harder when there are children involved — just ask Jenny McCarthy! The former Playboy model, 39, recently revealed that Jim Carrey, her ex of five years, is refusing to have any contact with her 10-year-old son, Evan. Though Jim may have his reasons for staying away, a child psychiatrist tells HollywoodLife.com that he needs to man up and visit the boy!

“Jim needs to show Evan that he hasn’t rejected him,” Beverly Hills child psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman tells HollywoodLife.com. “I think Jim should agree to see Evan maybe once every four to six weeks. It could just be something small like a trip to McDonald’s. He needs to explain that he’s not his mom’s boyfriend anymore, but that he still likes him and that he’ll see him from time to time when he can.”

So as not to confuse Evan, who is autistic, Dr. Lieberman recommends that Jim, 50, keep reminding Evan during each visit that he misses him too, but that he’s not going to be his new daddy.

While it’s completely understandable that Evan would become attached to Jim after five years, many wonder if Jenny has ulterior motives for the reunion. “Could Jenny really be doing this as a way to get back with him?,” questioned Dr. Lieberman. “Maybe that’s what he’s afraid of.”

As we told you previously, Jenny has been dating NFL star Brian Urlacher since April and the two recently went public with their relationship.

“You have to wonder why Evan doesn’t seem to be getting attached to Brian. Why is he still asking about Jim if her mother has a new serious boyfriend,” notes Dr. Lieberman. “If Jim starts coming around to visit Evan, it might cause problems in her relationship.”

Do YOU think it’s a good idea for Jim to visit Jenny’s son?

Jennifer Kamm

More HollyBaby news:

1. Is Bethenny Frankel Pregnant? — New Bump Pic
  2. Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick & Twins — Strolling In The City
  3. Kate Middleton Will Announce Pregnancy Within Three Months

Search Engine Optimization

Posted at 3:54 AM on July 1, 2012

Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your site by accident, and I am stunned why this accident didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

dre

Posted at 11:59 AM on June 8, 2012

having jim around will just confuse him more. and why is she saying all this 2 yrs after the break up? what is her motive? is she trying to boost her ratings on something?

cali

Posted at 12:47 PM on June 7, 2012

This is obviously not his biological son; people need to leave Carrey alone – it’s up to him whether he visits or not. For the mother to make suck ruckus, she needs to grow up. Where is the childs father/ Is he not part of his life?

Teen Mom

Posted at 9:49 AM on June 7, 2012

I think that if he had a close relationship with Evan than he should hang out with him. And for the father of Evan he should be in his life. My cousin has a son that is autistic and his dad has nothing to do with him and her ex boyfriend loves him to death. Also her current boyfriend, so my my cousin has three dads but he only knows the ex and current boyfriend.

J

Posted at 6:44 AM on June 7, 2012

So is she asking JIm to visit or is this article trying to start something?

sara

Posted at 4:17 AM on June 7, 2012

You call Jenny’s new relationship “serious”…for god sakes they’ve been dating since April..LOL..that’s only a couple of months…maybe she should stop spreading so much and focus on her son a little more.

Cerry Guioz

Posted at 4:03 AM on June 7, 2012

Jim C isn’t wrong for it but if Jim C want to visti Jenny son then that is his Choice other then that Jenny C son should have his real dad in his life. and jim C was a stepfather to her son @ the time in their Relationship and Jenny End her 5 year relationship with him, damn sure Jenny like and love her New Boyfirend who she is dating now..

natasha

Posted at 12:51 AM on June 7, 2012

HE’S NOT HIS FATHER SO HE’S NOT WRONG IS NOT HIS RESPONSABILITY …IF HE CONTINUE VISIT HIM IS NOT GONNA BE OK BECAUSE HE DOESN’T HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS MOTHER, JIM IS TOTALLY RIGHT

Jennifer

Posted at 11:26 PM on June 6, 2012

I do think that Jim should at least visit with him. I am in a relationship that has lasted 8 years so far. There was a point where we did consider ending it and my 11 year old daughter was heartbroken at the thought of losing him. The first thing she said was “even though you and chris fight sometimes, if you break up I dont have to stop loving him do I?” that broke my heart and even my boyfriend said, even if we cant work things out can we make arrangements so I can still see her? of course every relationship is different, but my daughter’s father is a big part of her life even though he lives out of state…my boyfriend is the guy who she is with on the day to day things. He is the one who goes to conferences, school functions, dr’s appointments etc. He is the one who taught her how to fish, and play basketball and skip rocks. Of course she should have some right to see him as long as it was amicable and even if we had to resort to friends doing the meeetings so we didnt have to see each other, . I was in the same situation with an ex boyfriend except we were only together 2 years but both his children loved me and I loved them and when we broke up his ex-wife called and said the kids had been begging to see me and she was good enough to arrange it so we had visits every month or so…it only lasted about 6 months until we all drifted apart but at least they didnt feel abandoned by me!

Kim

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 6, 2012

Doesnt Evan have a biological father? That is who Jenny shld be bothering, not an ex boyfriend!!

jezoebel

Posted at 10:09 PM on June 6, 2012

I agree. Jim is not the biological father. He’s not even the stepfather. Jenny, go after you kid’s real father and leave Jim be. You chose to break up with Jim. Deal with it.

tam

Posted at 2:02 AM on June 7, 2012

i totally agree… where is this kids dad, why isnt he the one there for his own kid?