'Jane By Design' Creator Reveals New Love Interests For Jane & Billy, Plus More Scoop

Wed, June 6, 2012 3:05pm EDT by 23 Comments

New lovers! Old secrets! Same crazy India! HollywoodLife.com has five major ‘Jane By Design’ spoilers straight from creator April Blair.

Jane’s (Erica Dasher) life has always been complicated, but the summer premiere of Jane By Design turned her whole world upside down — and creator April Blair promises HollywoodLife.com that the madness has only just begun. From new boys (Eli, anyone?) to old rivals (hello, India!), April gave me the low-down on what we can look forward to as we finish out the show’s freshman season.

1. New love interests for Jane AND Billy: “There will be different people in Jane and Billy’s [Nick Roux] lives,” April confirms — and she’s not just talking about Jane’s new love interest Eli (Bryan Dechart)! Billy will have someone new enter the picture, just like Jane had Eli enter the picture, but I will say we don’t just wipe the Jane/Billy slate clean. There’s something still bubbling beneath the surface with those two. If Jane and Billy ended up together after [his big confession], there wouldn’t be anything to root for.”

2. Gray’s softer side comes out (and yes, she does have one): “Eli coming to Donovan Decker brings out a more maternal side to Gray,” April teases. “He brings out the best in her. Don’t get me wrong, Gray [Andie MacDowell] doesn’t become a sweet heart, but you’ll see more layers to her with him around.”

3. A new woman comes between Ben & Rita: Could Ben (David Clayton Rogers) and Rita (Smith Cho) be any cuter? The answer, of course, is no. “They’re so much fun, and they have a lot of great stuff coming up,” April tells me. “We spend a lot more time with their relationship than we did before.” As for Rita’s glam new look, April warns fans, “Just wait. Someone new arrives on the scene at school and Rita has to step it up big time!” But that’s not the only problem ahead. “As his relationship with Rita grows, helping Jane keep her secret will also become more complicated,” April reveals.

4. India’s sweet revenge on Gray (and Jane): Not only is India (India de Beaufort) back in the mix for the foreseeable future, but as April so eloquently puts it, “She’s also got a sassy new haircut. She’s fun to hate. Suddenly, she’s supervising this capsule collection that Donovan Decker is designing, so now she’s Gray’s supervisor. The balance of power has shifted, so that creates a lot of mischief for India to get into. She’s in power and she wields it.” (I have chills!)

5. More of Jeremy’s secrets spill out: “As Jeremy [Rowly Dennis] becomes Jane’s mentor, things between he and India become more complicated,” April says. “Even though he tried to tell Gray’s ex that he didn’t want to be the mole anymore, there’s still fallout from that. He also has romantic complications with India. A lot of things explode between he and Jane and India as more of his secrets come out.”

What’s your take on these spoilers, Jane fans? Are you excited to see sparks fly between Jane and Eli, or would you rather she skip all that and go straight to Billy? And are you secretly rooting for India to get her revenge on Gray? Drop your thoughts in the comments section below, and check out ABC Family’s official Jane By Design page for more show info.

— Andy Swift

Allie

Posted at 10:23 PM on July 10, 2012

I like where it’s going cuz both of them gots ta see
That they truly don’t and can’t be with anyone else.
And honestly everyone knows Eli and Jane can’t
Work out he thinks shes 25, an even if they fall in
Love I don’t see him forgiving her for her very serious
Decipt…… Or cover up I guess

Ashley

Posted at 1:04 AM on July 10, 2012

Billy and Jane!!! Seriously! billys new girl is lame and there are no sparks between eli and jane..
Jane and Billy have this chemistry and it needs to be explored!!!

Anna Vasquez

Posted at 10:04 PM on June 30, 2012

I jellyfish Jane would just skip everything and just tell Billy how she feels!

Iris

Posted at 10:31 PM on June 26, 2012

I love the idea of complications for Billy and Jane. They need to realize that there’s no one better out there for them that they are meant to be. so my point is that eventually Billy & Jane NEED to be together.

Shari X Insanity

Posted at 10:16 AM on July 3, 2012

Exactly. I agree 100% with this.

Brigette

Posted at 9:21 PM on June 23, 2012

OMG! I know Jane and Billy are meant to be but i also think they need to date others so they realize how much they actually love each other and how there is no one else out there except them and eventually see that everyone else is not as good as they seem so they go through everyone to get there, helping them get together in the end and be happily ever after!:D

Shari X Insanity

Posted at 10:16 AM on July 3, 2012

^THIS! <3

Daniela

Posted at 3:20 PM on June 22, 2012

Suspence would b added if Jane were to sleep with Billy and that she would get pregnant

Alex

Posted at 3:17 PM on June 22, 2012

I don’t want Billy to b w/ Jane I want him for myself he is super hot and has a bad boy look that I love <3

Kayla

Posted at 1:39 PM on June 22, 2012

OMG! Jane and Billy def deserve to be together! After all these years of being each others best friend, they are growing up and i can’t wait to see their true feelings come to the surface. In a way, I really like seeing Jane with Eli and Billy with Zoe because it may show the jealousy side of them both. The only problem with Zoe is that she is lying to Billy about being poor. I mean everyone pretty much knows that Billy and Jane are in love with each other, but i guess we will have to wait and see what happens between them two. As for Ben and Rita, it seems like Rita may have some competition with the new Blonde. But when Ben wanted things to stay the way they were and didnt wanna slow down, Rita did so she broke it off. She can’t expect Ben to wait on her, if he finds a new love interest then he deserves it cause he really liked Rita and didn’t wanna slow things down. So if he does get interested in someone else, it’s Ritas fault for letting him go!

Shari X Insanity

Posted at 10:21 AM on July 3, 2012

Kayla, very well thought out. Very insightful. I totally agree with your comment and I love this SO much, because I have been thinking the SAME EXACT THING.
Jane and Billy ARE meant to be together, but they are scared to admit that it’s true. So if by exploring with other people will make them realize their feelings for each other then so be it. Their friendship is so pure and strong that they can manage through any obstacle as a team, so hopefully they will either remain best of friends or friendship will deepen once their romantic relationship kicks off. Rita and Ben are adorable :3 I’m glad Ben turned down Amanda (I think that’s her name O.o) and decided to stick by Rita even though they are on break. Hopefully the break will be over and they can get back together :D

brittany

Posted at 2:37 AM on June 16, 2012

I love billy soooooo much , him and jane should just be with eachother right away! But not in real life because i like nick roux too much haha but its annoying how we have to wait for them to be together.

Kayla

Posted at 1:41 PM on June 22, 2012

I have to agree, it is annoying to have to wait to see Jane and Billy together, but I guess that’s what keeps viewers watching! lol

Shari X Insanity

Posted at 10:15 AM on July 3, 2012

The writers, producers, directors, and even the ACTORS/ACTRESSES know that the fans want Jane and Billy together and that’s why it sucks that they are making us clench our teeth until that day finally arrives.
But, its definitely worth a wait ;D
JANE AND BILLY FOREVER <3

Allie

Posted at 10:33 AM on June 13, 2012

I would like to see Eli and jane get together although there are age implications , it’s getting old with Billy mad and Jane apologizing,then him getting mad again. In Lars nights episode Billy met someone who couldnt be more perfect for him! But everyone knows that its meant to b Jane…. But also in last nights episode Eli invited her to a party and he kissed her on the cheek. Adorable!

Shari X Insanity

Posted at 10:13 AM on July 3, 2012

Yes! I so agree! Billy and Jane should DEFINITELY be together. HANDS DOWN. I can’t wait to see their emotions for each other blossom, deepen, and emerge after they both go on series of dates with Eli and Zoe. I just hope by dating those people they wont forget where their heart truly is or get lost.
I really do hope they end up together, remain friends forever, and be happy always :D

Tara

Posted at 3:21 PM on June 12, 2012

I AM so excited for this new season, which by the way I am a brand new fan thanks to netflix. I watched all of season one in ONE single day and now I’m chomping at the bit to watch the new season! I really want to see Jane and Billy together, they’re so perfect for each other and it was almost heartbreaking in episode 11 to see them not getting along.

Danielle

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 7, 2012

I really want to see Jane and Billy together.<3
Jane wouldn't really go with anybody else.

Carrie

Posted at 10:39 PM on June 6, 2012

I want Jane and Billy get together. I am so getting really excited to see the rest of the season. I havn;t seen the episode 11 yet but I plan too.

Carmen

Posted at 8:49 PM on June 6, 2012

I just want to say the show is about jane living a double life.. so why cant her and billy get together.. They should be together on the show..

Valora

Posted at 7:36 PM on June 6, 2012

I love Jane and Billy! He is so hot and right for her!! (:

Caitlyn

Posted at 7:01 PM on June 6, 2012

i am very excited for the rest of the season!! i love the love complication ideas and i am definitely ready to see it happen. Looking forward to all of this! yay :D

Bia :)