Three-Month-Old Baby Dies Weighing 3 Lbs. — Parents Charged With Murder

Tue, June 5, 2012 10:06am EDT by 8 Comments
Baby Dies Weighing 3 Pounds

Two Oklahoma City parents have been charged with second-degree murder after their three-month-old baby died weighing only THREE pounds.

Alysha Marie Anderson, 19, and Miguel Antonio Soto, 20, were arrested for severely neglecting their once healthy baby girl, Nicole, who weighed half of what she did at birth.

Doctors from the Southwest Medical Center had informed the police of the underweight baby, informing the authorities that little Nicole had been a victim of severe neglect.

“They said the child was so thin you could actually see her ribs through her skin,” said Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow in a Daily Mail report. The baby was healthy at birth, weighing 6 lbs., 8 oz., said doctors.

The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Oklahoma City Police initially charged the pair three counts of neglect then with second-degree murder on June 5.

– Lorraine Chow

More shocking parenting stories:

1. Mother Leaves 5-Week-Old Baby On Top Of Car Then Drives Off
  2. Mom Who Choked Daughter’s Facebook Bully Speaks Out
  3. Nazi Parents Lose Children Named Adolf Hitler & Aryan Nation

J-Nemin15

Posted at 11:37 PM on June 13, 2012

This is really really sad story…this beautiful baby that God gave them to take care of already return to him…she is absolutely live a peaceful life right now…

KIM

Posted at 3:47 AM on June 6, 2012

THIS IS SO SAD.. ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY THAT THE LITTLE GIRL IS IN PEACE AND THESE TWO FU*KWITS ROT IN PRISON!!!!! HOW DEAL U BRING A INNCOCENT CHILD INTO THE WORLD AND THEN TREAT THEM LIKE THIS.. IM A MOTHER OF TWO BEAUTIFUL BABIES AND ID DIE BEFORE I LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO MY KIDS..

Laurie

Posted at 1:13 AM on June 6, 2012

Obviously they bought drugs with any money they had instead of formula. How could they stand the crying all the time? The baby was probably too weak at the end to even cry anymore. SAD!

*Krista*

Posted at 1:14 PM on June 5, 2012

That is sick! It’s called adobtion people if you don’t want the kid, and obviously they did not. All I know is that little Nicole is in Heaven with God with all peace and goodness.*

tiki

Posted at 12:57 PM on June 5, 2012

listen Debby. I’m turning 22 I have a 4 year old autistic boy and an almost 3 year old. both are healthy, happy and well cared for! they get everything they need, my son gets all the therapy he needs, neither are abused or neglected. I still went to college, and I do this as a single mother. do NOT turn this into an age issue. it’s horrible people plane and simple. I was 2 years younger then this chick with a three month old and he never missed a single feeding.

kim

Posted at 12:05 PM on June 5, 2012

It doesn’t matter how old you are or what not its up to you to take care of a child if you have one…I’m only 22 and have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and they are fine so don’t blame age just stupidity

Rachel

Posted at 11:26 AM on June 5, 2012

I currently have a Three Month old baby boy. Reading this story makes me sick to my stomach, thinking a Mother could neglect her child and not take proper care of her.What is wrong with people these days?!

Debby

Posted at 11:44 AM on June 5, 2012

This is horrible I can’t believe people. If you didn’t want this child why not let it go and put it up for adoption. I am so sure someone would be willing to take care of it. HELL I would love to have a little baby girl I would have taken care of it.

It is because we have kids having kids. She couldn’t possibly care for a child she is a young person herself.