‘America’s Got Talent’: Andrew De Leon Is The Operatic Marilyn Manson

Tue, June 5, 2012 11:54pm EDT by 28 Comments

Have you ever wondered what Marilyn would sound like as an opera singer? ‘AGT’ has your answer.

The June 5 episode of America’s Got Talent brought the team back to Austin, and boy were they in for quite a surprise! There was the usual artistic light show acts and guitar-toting singers, but none of those were the cream of the crop. Andrew De Leon — who is clearly inspired by Marilyn Manson — was, perhaps, the biggest surprise yet of the season. But that’s not all! With the assistance of a pole-dancing Nick Cannon, the panel uncovered several rare gems that should do well in this competition.

Let’s break down the top five acts of the night, shall we?

5. Aurora Light Painters, 38-46

Set to “Fireflies” by Owl City, they bathed the stage in several creative images of a mermaid, spaceship and more by using several different flashlights. It was like a real life Lite-Brite. (Remember that as a kid?) I wouldn’t say this was an “act,” but it was pretty impressive. “It’s a very unusual art form,” Sharon Osbourne commented.

4. Doppelganger Circus Sideshow

The pink-haired lip-pierced girl — after being blindfolded and stuffed like a roasted pig — sat in a chair while her creepy counterpart pulled out a chainsaw. (Oh no!). With an apple clenched in her teeth, she sat there as he carved the letter ‘H’ in the apple. This was perhaps one of the most cringe-worthy acts yet! Plus, she suffered from lockjaw. That’s never a good combo.

3. Eric & Olivia, 20 – College Students, Musicians

She sang. He played the guitar. They performed “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5, and she had such a lovely tone to her voice. Quirky and cool. “You guys just broke through,” Howard Stern told them. He complimented the arrangement and her vocals.

(Note: They are 50 percent “WGWG,” white guy with guitar.)

2. Eric Dittleman – Mindreader

Are you kidding me? He handed the panel paper, pens, and instructed them to draw something “big and bold.” Eric then proceeded to cover his eyes with black duct tape. (What was that?) Nick then collected the drawings and held them over Eric’s head. Without fail, Eric guessed every single drawing: Howie drew an ear, Howard drew himself, and Sharon drew a pair of glasses. (How did he do that?)

1. Andrew De Leon, 19

He was such a breath of fresh air. Despite his Marilyn Manson-like attire, he proved that he has the talent to go far. Once he took the stage in all black and opened his mouth, I was awestruck. He had a lovely operatic voice. While I wasn’t completely blown away, there’s definitely some talent there. Can you believe this was his first time performing for anyone?!?!

In case you missed it, check out Andrew’s jaw-dropping audition. You just might cry.

Loading video...

So, Hollywoodlifers, what did you think of the night’s acts? Which was YOUR favorite? Sound off in the comments.

Cynthia Rogers

Posted at 9:23 PM on June 27, 2012

This is to Americas Got Talent Judges: You made a terrible mistake in not accepting or giving Andrew Deleon a second chance to pick up that note. His God given talent . was the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. It brought me to tears. You call yourselves judges, but he deserved a second chance. I am sure America agrees with me. You gave second chances to rediculous acts just to be funny and yet you let this magnificient gem with a voice from heaven go back home. America and I would appreciate a second chance for Andrew Deleon and call him to New. York..

Silvia Geiger

Posted at 10:07 AM on June 28, 2012

I agree. I thought the show was called America’s got TALENT. Not stubidity. Shame on you judges to prefer these horrible acts and send Andrew home. I will not watch the show anymore.

Tom Bryant

Posted at 2:26 PM on July 5, 2012

I agree with you 100% I will never watch the program again either.

ruth holmes

Posted at 11:29 AM on June 11, 2012

andrew, u are one of the most gifted people I have had the joy to hear. U have a God given talent, pure like a voice from heaven. U go guy! God bless u.

Sarah

Posted at 3:21 PM on July 1, 2012

He has talent, to be sure, and I think the judges really should have given him a second chance. But to tell him that a god gave him that talent is an insult to how hard he worked alone to sing. He sings well because HE worked at it, not a deity, and he deserves all that credit.

Server Virtualisierung

Posted at 6:48 PM on June 9, 2012

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to offer one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.

Free Money Dates

Posted at 1:29 AM on June 9, 2012

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really know what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my site =). We can have a link change agreement between us

Yul Olaivar

Posted at 8:54 PM on June 8, 2012

You made me cry …such a moving voice , wishing you the best !

Barb Zook

Posted at 8:43 PM on June 8, 2012

What a beautiful voice ,person and soul!… Can’t wait to hear more from him. Send him straight to Hollywood!

Judith L. Farley

Posted at 7:09 PM on June 8, 2012

…heartwarming…;natural grace & dignity…;a moving, touching moment….;we will all be wishing him well,
waiting to hear more……
Blessings, Andrew.

lena hamilton

Posted at 2:38 PM on June 8, 2012

O M GOOD G TEARS ARE STREAMING DOWN MY FACE. HE IS WONDERFUL!!!!

JBE

Posted at 8:25 AM on June 8, 2012

I say BS!!! AMG contestants are starting to make up stories for the Bleeding Hearts. You can’t exspect us to believe nobody has ever heard him sing. The parents must be deaf. It take some training or at least practice to sing that type of song. Where did that happen at? The middle of Syberia, thats where the Russians send there OUTCAST. De Leon and Poe should be eliminated for BS.

Find Girlfriends Online

Posted at 4:24 AM on June 8, 2012

Thanks , I have just been looking for info about this topic for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve found out till now. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?|What i don’t realize is in reality how you’re no longer actually a lot more well-appreciated than you may be right now. You are very intelligent.

How To Earn Online

Posted at 7:17 PM on June 7, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i’m satisfied to show that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make sure to do not omit this site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

TOM BRYANT

Posted at 11:48 AM on June 7, 2012

Simply amazing. I’d love to hear him sing AVA MARIA.

FAB

Posted at 10:00 PM on June 6, 2012

Andrew De Leon was amazing!

Jen

Posted at 5:37 PM on June 6, 2012

Yeah andrew was good but did anyone watch that young boy, edon, sing? i thought he was AMAZING!!!

Melissa

Posted at 4:14 PM on June 6, 2012

I know how it feels to feel like an outcast. I think there are many people that do. But its people that are like you that make this world unique and beautiful. I could tell you put your heart and soul into this song and as everyone could see YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL SOUL!!! Best of luck for your future!! Always be ReAl!

Lindsey

Posted at 3:06 PM on June 6, 2012

Andrew was amazing. I’m a fan. I will now start watching the show.
Good Luck Andrew!!!!!

CAROL

Posted at 1:36 PM on June 6, 2012

OH MY, Andrew stole the show. I wasn’t the only one brought to tears, seems alot of the audience was too!!! Simply AMAZING!!!!

Laura

Posted at 12:37 PM on June 6, 2012

JUST AMAZING!!!!! Incredible voice and incredible talent ! C:

lolanyc

Posted at 10:41 AM on June 6, 2012

Andrew Was AMAZING! brought me to tears. He needs to know he is amazing and I know he will go far.

nina

Posted at 10:04 AM on June 6, 2012

andrew de leon woooooooooow you are fantastisc

stu

Posted at 12:59 AM on June 6, 2012

Send him straight to Hollywood, nah forget Hollywood, New York. Maybe Andrew and Jackie Evanco will perform on Duets. I am not a big fan of opera but I may check some out from my local library.

Mom2Many

Posted at 12:48 AM on June 6, 2012

Andrew De Leon’s performance made my 10&12 year old sons stand in AWE and brought me to TEARS! I hope we hear more from him!!!!!!!!

C. Stevens

Posted at 12:21 AM on June 6, 2012

Andre de Leon is,just incredible. Bravo X 1000!

Karen

Posted at 12:19 AM on June 6, 2012

wow..to Andrew…can’t wait to hear him again…

Laura

Posted at 11:19 PM on July 8, 2012

When is he going to sing again?