What are YOU hoping for in season three? Browse our wish list and share your own predictions.
It hasn’t even been 24 hours since Game of Thrones‘ second season reached its white-hot conclusion, and I’m already experiencing withdrawal symptoms. So to help ease the HollywoodLife.com staff’s collective suffering, I assembled a wish list of some things I’d love to see go down when the show returns next year. (Disclaimer: I have purposely not read George R. R. Martin‘s original book series, so don’t make fun of me if my ideas are completely ridiculous.)
1. More screen time for the dragons: I enjoyed watching Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) cute-and-cuddly fire breathers find their bearings in season two, but now that I’ve seen what they can do, I want more! We all know those scaly babies are destined to save Westeros from the White Walkers, so let’s just speed up the process already. (Is it too much to ask for a little time jump so those things can grow?!)
2. A dead Joffrey: I know I said this at the end of season one, but Joffrey’s (Jack Gleeson) corpse remains at the top of my Game of Thrones wish list. Few characters on TV are so easily hated, so completely devoid of any redeeming qualities. The guy needs to go. I would, however, settle for a dead Theon (Alfie Allen) in the meantime.
3. Stannis’ next move: I realize I’m in the minority here, but I actually really enjoy Stannis (Stephen Dillane) and Melisandre (Carice van Houten), and I’m looking forward to seeing what they do next. Melisandre’s dark powers add a new layer of possibilities to the already impossible world of Westeros, and with the approach of the White Walkers, her close connection to fire could prove useful.
4. Some action for Brienne: Big girls need love too, you guys. I felt so bad when Jaime teased Lady Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) about her sexual inexperience, and I’d love for her to show him she knows exactly what she’s doing. Plus, it wouldn’t be a bad idea for Jaime to sleep with someone not attached to his family tree for a change.
5. Ned Stark: The most heartbreaking moment of the season two finale — and there were so many — was the illusory reunion of Daenerys and Khal Drogo (Jason Momoa), which got me thinking: Why can’t we have more epic reunions on this show? I would love to see Ned Stark (Sean Bean) make a special appearance to help a fellow Stark in need. Preferably with his head attached.
What do YOU want to see in season three? Drop your wishes in the comments section below!