'Game Of Thrones' Season Finale: Daenerys Takes A Deadly Stand

Sun, June 3, 2012 11:59pm EST by 31 Comments
Game Of Thrones season finale

Kim

Posted at 3:40 PM on May 6, 2013

How on earth did she keep from kissing Drago and holding that beautiful darling baby??

dating

Posted at 3:31 AM on April 9, 2013

Hi, thanks for sharing

Elliott

Posted at 5:14 AM on June 28, 2012

Admitted I haven’t read the books, but I love the show! Been pissed off that it’s take 2 seasons to really get anything more out of the whitewall era, makes me think the scene at the end won’t happen till the end of the next season. It’s lost all over again ><

GT

Posted at 3:44 PM on June 4, 2012

I just rewatched #GOT Season 1, and in episode 4, a Dothraki girl says to Visceres Targaryan while they’re in a bathtub “i’ve seen a man who can change his face like he changes his clothes” …

it looks like we saw who that man was last night, Jaqen H’gar … what an amazing twist/foreshadowing from Season 1

IonAphis

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 4, 2012

GT, not a foreshadow, however it nice that you caught that on. Not many TV viewers will notice it. Actually, the Faceless Men are more prominently mentioned in the books, and they will become more important as the story unwinds.. You can say they are the assassins / professional hit-squad of the A Song Of Ice And Fire universe. I don’t want to give too much away, but if you haven’t been convinced until now, and like these little “foreshadows” you really should read the book… As much as I think the TV series is fantastic, there are a lot of corners that must be cut in order to fit it all into a 10-hour season… Thus, when we learn in the book that Jaqen is a faceless man, it is much much more impacting than just surprising, because since book 1 we are given to understand that faceless men are not a force to be taken lightly.

Rio

Posted at 8:14 PM on June 4, 2012

“Jaqen” is not the only man who can change his face!!! and the whole series is full of foreshadowings.. another one for example is melisandre saying to matthos that death by fire is the purest death, and then matthos died on the wildfire explotion on blackwater, there’s a million more but I don’t want to spoil anything..

luna

Posted at 10:29 AM on September 21, 2012

It doesn’t have to be Jaqen. If that’s his real name. There is this guild in Braavos, called the Faceless Men. And they have all been trained to change their appearance. And they are no one. Like Jaqen. He is no one.

ANON

Posted at 1:54 PM on June 4, 2012

luwin’s death was sad. Wana see more of Arya’s storyline.

ASfandancer

Posted at 11:05 AM on June 4, 2012

You seriously need to find a hole to crawl in

Rohan

Posted at 7:01 AM on June 5, 2012

I was thinking maybe your mothers, but seeing as how half of westeros has already done that, I think i’ll pass.

Rohan

Posted at 7:28 AM on June 4, 2012

Wow F**kin Wow! HBO RR Martin Weiss n Benioiff Cast n Crew just Wow F**kin Wow!

ugh

Posted at 1:48 AM on June 4, 2012

Why is the recap on HL written by someone who’s clearly never even made an effort to figure out whats going on? What sorry, misguided fools would look for an update here?

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:11 AM on June 4, 2012

You are a crazy person.

geraldine mcguckin

Posted at 1:10 AM on June 4, 2012

I have so enjoyed reading your recaps of each episode of game of thrones. You always make me laugh with your humourous take on things that happen in show.
I am such a huge fan of GOT. I have applied to be an extra for season 3 (i live in n.ireland) filming starts in july here.
Wish me luck that i get in guys. G x

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:11 AM on June 4, 2012

Thanks! :)

And good luck! Being an extra on GoT would be epic.

cinephilactic

Posted at 12:56 AM on June 4, 2012

Completely agree – the episode did a great job of setting everyone up for next season. Even if it couldn’t top Blackwater, I liked how it readdressed so many of the themes prevalent to season two.

Our take: http://wp.me/p1VQBq-ZC

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 12:54 AM on June 4, 2012

Totally agree that the finale was everything it needed to be. It was never going to top Blackwater for sheer epicness, but in terms of getting everyone into a new and exciting place for next season, it did it in spades (and managed to readdress many of the themes that were so prevalent throughout season two).

Love your sarcastic take, too! Ours is here: http://wp.me/p1VQBq-ZC

Rainy

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 4, 2012

The White Walkers weren’t heading to the Wall. They were heading to the Fist of the First Men where Commander Mormont and the rest of the Nights Watch were presumably camped out.

jesika k.

Posted at 12:33 AM on June 4, 2012

The leader of the white walners was AWESOME!

RobinHood

Posted at 4:35 AM on June 4, 2012

Agreed, they they were more convincing and better done than I expected. Btw, those we saw are a mere two of the White Walker’s entire and (presumably) massive force(/empire/species/whatever). The undead aren’t the same thing as the walkers–those animated corpses really are just what they look like: blue eyed, brain dead zombies. So whenever the “White Walkers” (that white is more a literal adjective than figurative) are mentioned it’s those skeletal leaders being talked about.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:14 AM on June 4, 2012

So cool! Gave me chills. :)

Nick

Posted at 12:31 AM on June 4, 2012

Great show can’t wait for Season 3.

Douglas

Posted at 12:26 AM on June 4, 2012

First of all, it isnt “Va-la-mo-koo-less”, it is “Valar Morghulis”. It isnt his name, it translates to “all men must die”.

ck1

Posted at 10:23 AM on June 8, 2012

Exactly. It’s from a language originally spoken by the Targaryens and their kind called High Valyrian. Dracarys is also part of this language, it means “dragon fire”. And lastly there’s Valar Dohaeris which means “all men must serve”. Hopefully they’ll be creating the rest of the language for Daenarys in season 3.

Rio

Posted at 11:50 PM on June 3, 2012

I can’t believe no mention of Robb’s wedding was made! and how he betrayed walder frey by marrying “Talisa”..
Nothing from winterfell? the iron men took Theon “home” yet when Osha and the stark kids came out of the crypts the whole place was burned down and there was no sing of the 500 “northern men” that were blowing the horn… Roose Bolton’s bastard men…
And last but not least Jon killing the halfhand and “turning his cloak”, and all those wildlings Mance is recruiting to march on the wall???

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:04 AM on June 4, 2012

Haha, I’m catching up. So much happened! :)

Jay

Posted at 9:01 AM on June 4, 2012

I think you missed a lot of really important points.

The Iron Men didn’t take Theon home. They knocked him out and said “let’s go home” – meaning they turned him over to Bolton’s men so that they themselves would be spared. In an earlier episode, Robb Stark had told Roose Bolton that any of the iron islanders would be allowed to leave except Theon. As for Winterfell being burned, they are leaving that vague as to whether it was the iron men or Bolton’s bastard’s men who did that.

Jon killing Qhorin Halfhand wasn’t turning cloak. It was the only thing he could do. He did Qhorin a favor. In a previous episode, Qhorin asked Ygritte what the wildlings would do to him if he were captured – basically he would have been tortured, mutilated, and killed slowly. By killing him, Jon spared him from that torture, and gained the trust of the wildlings so that he can spy on them.

Rio

Posted at 9:46 AM on June 4, 2012

are you serious? I used quotation marks on every subject you “” explained”” to me just so that I wouldn’t spoil anything to those who don’t read the books…
I see no point in coming here knowing there’s a lot of people that don’t read the books and don’t know what’s going on and explain the whole episode and ruin everything for them!!! it’s a cliffhanger they’re supposed to be left intrigued!!!!!!!!

Chill

Posted at 2:05 PM on June 4, 2012

Hey, he didn’t spoil anything, he was just explaining what happened in ep 10, that’s all..I don’t read the book myself, but I’m glad at least someone did me a favor by explaining what I wouldn’t know if I didn’t read the comments. I initially thought that Qhorin wanted Jon to kill him just so that Jon could live (which is obviously for the greater good of the Night’s Watch) but I didn’t know that he made Jon to kill him simply just so he could die a quick death.

ck1

Posted at 10:29 AM on June 8, 2012

Yeah, he didn’t really spoil anything. He didn’t even offer any insight that you had to read the book to get. He simply clarified details from this and previous episodes. Everything he just said was on television.

Not that it would have been a spoiler if it HAD been a detail from the book since he was only talking about things that pertain to this season.

Rio

Posted at 11:43 PM on June 3, 2012

it’s “valar morghulis” wich translates to something like “all men must die”