Madonna Badger Not Attending Matthew's Charity In Memory Of Daughters

Fri, June 1, 2012 9:24am EST by 7 Comments
Madonna Badger Lawsuit

Matthew is renting out Times Square’s New Victory Theater to honor his three children who were killed in a fire Christmas morning. While ex-wife Madonna will be absent, Julianne Moore, Whoopi Goldberg & more will attend.

Matthew Badger will throw a charity event for a fund that honors the memory of his young daughters. The Badger family continues to mourn the loss of Lily, 9, 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace, and their grandparents Lomer and Pauline Johnson who died on Christmas morning in their Connecticut home.

“I think it’s going to be wonderful, because they always wanted to be on Broadway,” said Matthew to Page Six. A rep for the benefit confirmed to the publication that his ex-wife, Madonna Badger “knows about the event, but is unable to attend.”

Matthew created his Lily Sarah Grace Fund in April to raise support for the arts in schools. It was “a natural evolution out of grief,” he told Page Six. He has already raised $150,00 to honor his daughters’ memories and their love for art and their teachers at PS 3 and Windward School.

“Whatever I did, it had to be a reflection of Lily, Sarah and Grace’s personalities. They were all completely lovers of the arts. They were dancing and singing and constantly creating,” Matthew continued.

The event is set to take place on June 21 and will have performances by students from PS 3, Juilliard, and Ballet Tech. Attendees include Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and more. Whoopi Goldberg will emcee.

– Lorraine Chow

More Matthew Badger news:

1. Matthew Badger: Every Day Is A Constant Struggle & Reminder Of My Girls
  2. Matthew Badger Suing City Over House Fire That Killed His Three Daughters On Christmas
  3. Matthew Badger Recalls His Last Moments With 3 Daughters Killed In A Fire

Stupid Stars

Posted at 6:08 AM on October 19, 2012

MADONNA WILL BE THERE SINGING…LIKE A VIRGIN.

claire

Posted at 9:48 PM on June 3, 2012

I know a source very close to her. She can barely get out of bed most days and function. She is in deep hiding and greiveng like NO mother or daughter has ever done before…so it’s easy for you to comment what you would do, that is if you are ignorant!!

indra

Posted at 7:07 PM on June 1, 2012

Easier said then done, i’m sure. But no one knows her mental state. maybe she’s not ready. Everyone deals with grief differently and in their own time. This was beyond horrific for her not only losing her children but parents too. be gentle.

alana

Posted at 9:55 AM on June 1, 2012

This is something for her daughters how the hell can she not go. God forbid something happened to my kids, there is nothing in the world that would stop me from going to any function in there name.

Nora NYC

Posted at 3:45 PM on June 1, 2012

I totally agree if something happened to my children there would be NOTHING that would keep me away from a funraiser in their honor EVEN AN EX-HUSAND.

Nora NYC

Posted at 3:47 PM on June 1, 2012

I totally agree if something happened to my children there would be NOTHING that would keep me away from a fundraiser in their honor EVEN AN EX-HUSBAND.

Helen

Posted at 2:14 AM on June 21, 2012

The very implication that Madonna doesn’t care enough about her late-children to attend the charity event is cold and heartless of you. She loved and loves her girls more than anything and she will never get over the agony of losing them; of knowing they suffered and she could not save them. And quite frankly, if I were in her position, I’m not sure a star-studded evening would be something I could bring myself to attend either. Everyone is different. Just don’t criticize this poor mother and her ongoing, daily agony.