'Les Miserables' Trailer: Anne Hathaway Sounds Great, Looks Awful

Wed, May 30, 2012 11:12am EDT by 12 Comments
Les Miserables Trailer

The trailer for the feel-good movie of the holidays has finally been released! Watch it here & give us your review.

We’ve been hearing about the Les Miserables movie forever — remember the uproar when everyone thought Taylor Swift was playing Eponine? — and now we finally have our first real look at the Broadway phenomenon’s leap to the big screen. Most of the trailer focuses on Anne Hathaway‘s haunting performance of “I Dreamed A Dream,” with shots of stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried woven throughout.

The movie looks fantastic, and even though we only get to hear a piece of one song in the trailer, I have faith that Hugh, Russell and Amanda will all deliver solid performances.

Watch the trailer below, then drop a comment with your instant review:

— Andy Swift

Eileen Blazi

Posted at 11:16 PM on June 1, 2012

I think that Anne Hathaway will do a great job. The song she sings is so moving and beautiful that from the sample I heard she pulls it off. I love Les Miserables, and all it’s songs. I can’t wait to see it.

magicsubmittertool

Posted at 5:16 AM on June 1, 2012

I’m no longer certain where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

nikki parker

Posted at 1:42 AM on May 31, 2012

I was lucky enough to hav watched part of the filming of this les miserables movie and believe me it is going to be incredible. I am talking as a fan of the musical and like others I worried how it was going to come across on big screen but seeing what they have done with my own eyes has made me the most excited I have ever been regarding a film. The cast are amazing, singing live as much as they are able, you don’t get that often do you? Be excited its going to be great!!

Kristy M

Posted at 9:46 PM on May 30, 2012

why Crowe? Why Jackman? In Australia thinking people see both of them as “meatheads”. To star these two oafs in such a wonderful story… I don’t like to see them interviewed-so pretentious, so phoney. Why oh why did they cast these two dopes ?

JD504

Posted at 1:24 AM on June 11, 2012

Well, because Russel Crowe is an incredible actor as he has displayed in both Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind, and because Hugh Jackman, though he may be known or his roles in X-Men and other action movies, is an incredible stage actor and singer. If you have any doubts, look up his performances in Oklahoma and other musicals, you will be blown away, American audiences know Hugh Jackman as a beefy action star, but his roots are in musical theatre.

Leo

Posted at 7:18 PM on May 30, 2012

Lets be honest, love him or loath him, Russel has never been terrible in a film, especially one of this magnitude. Based on this trailer and the people behind this film I have no doubt this will be up there with the best films of all time. I can’t wait. Any tickets for the premier?

gbtw

Posted at 5:53 PM on May 30, 2012

i don’t like musicals… but i can’t wait to see this.

Nica

Posted at 12:27 PM on May 30, 2012

Okay, first, in French, our class is about to read Les Misérables. Second, I’m doing a project on Le Romantisme (which is at that time)
And third, our class just finished studying about the 1832 June Rebellion!!!!
So COOL!!!!! I’m gonna understand everything when I watch this!!!! :D Love Anne!

Veronica

Posted at 12:22 PM on May 30, 2012

Wait, Anne can sing??? I had no idea. I hope they speak in French from time to time. Check if they haves accents XD

Jasmin Moon

Posted at 11:22 AM on May 30, 2012

OMG I really hope Anne gets an Oscar for her performance in this movie I already can see its going to be a hit!!!

Anne

Posted at 10:21 PM on May 30, 2012

I totally agree

venugopal

Posted at 7:39 AM on June 5, 2012

She’ll get the oscar this time;)

I got goosebumps at her song. Soul provoking!