'True Blood' Season 5 Trailer: Russell Returns & Tara's Fate Is Revealed

Tue, May 29, 2012 4:02pm EDT by 8 Comments

New footage from the show’s upcoming fifth season gives major clues to our most burning questions — and, as always, leaves new questions to be answered.

True Blood‘s fifth season premieres June 10 on HBO, which means we’re just 12 days away from finding out whether or not Tara (Rutina Wesley) survived that seemingly fatal gunshot to her head. We can only speculate until then, but this brand-new trailer gives us our biggest clue yet: A teary Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) tells Sookie (Anna Paquin), “You survived, you always do,” seeming to imply that someone else did not fare so well.

But when Sookie’s not mourning the loss of her best friend, she’s cowering in fear over the return of Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) — and by “cowering in fear,” I mean brushing it off with sassy one-liners.

Watch the new trailer below, then vote: Do YOU think Tara is alive?

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Free Money Dates

Posted at 11:34 PM on June 13, 2012

I take pleasure in, lead to I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Samui Island Weddings

Posted at 8:31 PM on June 13, 2012

Excellent issues altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

Low Cost HTML to Wordpress Conversion

Posted at 4:02 AM on June 12, 2012

Magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What could you recommend in regards to your submit that you just made some days in the past? Any certain?

Ashley

Posted at 4:30 PM on May 30, 2012

TVLINE | When did you first find out Tara was getting shot in the head?
[Series creator] Alan Ball himself pulled me aside early on and told me that this was happening. And I was like, ‘OK, that’s cool.’ I know I’m coming back in some capacity, I just don’t know how I’m coming back. It’s scary as an actor to be in that position. Whatever they do, I think it’s the Golden Hour for Tara. But I don’t know how they’re going to revive me or if I’m dead. And that’s the big question: Can she be saved?

TVLINE | Has your contract option for Season 5 been officially picked up?
Yes. I know I’m coming back. I just don’t know in what capacity.

Mel

Posted at 11:35 AM on May 31, 2012

this show follows the book to some degree but not 100%. if you read, then you would know that Lafayette died in the 1st book… so you can’t make that type of blanket statement.

i hope Tara is healed by the vamps.

marie

Posted at 4:32 PM on May 29, 2012

What an awesome show..Of course Tara’s not dead.Gotta follow the book,y’know!

taim

Posted at 4:40 PM on May 29, 2012

the show has never followed the books you know… its like a bad fanfiction lol

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:03 PM on May 29, 2012

Tara is actually a surprisingly minor character in the books. She’s mentioned occasionally, but never has any real story line.