Kourtney Kardashian Needs to Forgive Kris Jenner For Her Cheating

Tue, May 29, 2012 1:16pm EDT by 21 Comments
Kris Jenner Affair

Kourtney – it was completely understandable on KUWTK why you’d be furious with your mother for cheating – her infidelity destroyed your family. But now it’s time to make peace.

Kourtney Kardashian, it’s been 25 years, since your mother Kris Jenner had a torrid affair with a younger man, effectively ending her marriage to your dad Robert Kardashian. But you made it amply clear on the May 27 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, that the years have done nothing to ease your fury with your disloyal mom. And that’s just not healthy.

“I’m not saying that my mom was being selfish on purpose, but her actions were selfish,” you, Kourtney insisted on the episode. “I can never understand, especially now having a child (myself), how she could have had an affair at that stage of her life as a mom” .

Kris Jenner Affair — Cheated On Bruce AGAIN … With Her Heart

You proceeded to diss your mother at a family dinner. You were “annoyed” that Kris flirted with the caterer at the dinner. “It’s inappropriate. She’s been married for over 20 years,” you complained, then told Kris, “There’s no shame in your game!”

Kourtney, you actually claimed on the show that you aren’t angry with your mother for recently publishing a memoir – Kris Jenner… And All Things Kardashian – in which she wrote in detail about her sexually-charged affair. But I absolutely don’t believe you Kourtney, because you also said that “I think my mom writing this book and being so candid has brought up all these feelings.”

And that is completely understandable. At 33, you are close to the same age as your mother was when she cheated on your father. You were also the only Kardashian child to really remember the trauma of your family falling apart – why wouldn’t you be angry?

I actually think that your mother, Kris, is the one who is far less honest with herself and everyone else. She claims to be clueless that her behavior as a cheating mom all those years ago could still be hurtful to you.

“I’d never have thought in a million years that Kourtney would still be blaming me for something I did 25 years ago. I’m really stunned that this is where we are  – still stuck in this awful place,” she tells the KUWTK cameras.

“Don’t you think I paid a price for my actions. Don’t you think I realize who I hurt?” she asked you, Kourtney.

Kris demands to know Kourtney,  if “you’re going to punish me for the rest of my f***ing life for something I did twenty-five years ago?”

The answer is so far… yes. Kris may feel she paid a price for her irresponsible behavior and she did – she split up her family. But she has to accept that yes – the trauma and insecurity she created for her children, especially Kourtney – has definitely and not surpisingly, had very lasting effects.

Kourtney, you clearly have unresolved anger issues for sure, but also does the distrust that your mother’s cheating created in you, make you unwilling to trust your partner Scott?

He very clearly points out Kourtney that “you don’t really tell me how you are. You don’t tell me a lot of things… if you’re going to keep everything in, you’re going to blow up one day.”

And he’s right Kourtney. You’ve clearly held in most of your anger towards your mother, just letting it slip out in rude or snide comments or not wanting to see her or share with her. You don’t want her to help look at new Dash store locations with you for example because you find Kris too “annoying.”

But on the other hand Kourtney, you’ve already lost your father, Robert, to cancer. You don’t want to lose the relationship with your mother too. You only have one mother, she’s alive, she does love you and she wants to be involved in your life. She knows what she did was wrong.

“I didn’t do something on purpose, specifically to hurt you and your siblings. I was too young and stupid to make a good decision. Obviously, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t do it,” she tells you. “I carried around a lot of guilt for many years and it took me 20 years to just feel good about myself again.”

I’m sure that’s true Kourtney – your mother Kris, knows she made a huge and irreversible mistake. She can’t take it back now, as much as she would like.

And I’m sure that she would love to take that mistake back almost every day of her life. I bet her seeming anger at your attitude and the reason she asked, “are you going to punish me for the rest of my f***ing life,” reflects her deep, deep frustration with herself because she knows she’s the cause of your anger and she can’t really condemn you for it.

So Kourtney, please, it’s time to forgive your mother Kris Jenner’s mistakes. The initial mistake of having the affair and then her second mistake – writing about it. You have to let go of your anger because it’s only hurting you. It deprives you of enjoying your mother’s love, it deprives you of having your mother’s support. It makes it harder for Kris to be a loving grandmother to Mason and the baby daughter, you’re expecting. And it’s depriving you of the ability to open up to the man you love, Scott Disick.

So whether you need more therapy or simply to talk it out more with your mother, you need to let go of your anger and truly give your mother forgiveness.

After 25 years, it IS time!

Bonnie Fuller

More On Kris Jenner’s Affair:

1. Kris Jenner Affair: She Flaunted Lover In Front Of Husband Robert Kardashian & Bruce
  2. Kris Jenner’s Affair: The Alleged Other Man Speaks Out
  3. Kris Jenner Admits: My Affair Was The ‘Biggest Regret Of My Life!’

Creams

Posted at 3:18 AM on August 24, 2012

You repeat her name in every sentence. Its annoying to read.
Article sucks

cm

Posted at 11:20 AM on June 13, 2012

She was too young and too stupid to make a good decision?? The article said she was around Kourtney’s age now (33)….dear God I hope it doesn’t take other people that long to become smart.

Irish

Posted at 11:14 AM on June 13, 2012

It won’t serve Kourtney any purpose to keep all her hurt/betrayed feelings botled up; it will only serve to choke her some day. If she could simply let it go; maye under the guise of ‘not my business’ and move on to a different level with her relatonship with her mother, she’d be better off as a person. If not, professional help may be in her future.

buddha

Posted at 11:31 AM on June 8, 2012

if you actually watch the show, Kris seems to constantly behave and do things that are disrespectful to her current husband, Bruce; Even going so far to wink and be flirty with the caterer, and make comments about how ” I think he winked at me”. This, in combination would bring up trauma related wounds that obviously haven’t healed in Lourtney. on the show, and probably in real life, Kris is very disrespectful of her commitment to Bruce by being flirty, etc, so it is actually easy, both from a psychological standpoint, and from an ethical standpoint, why this would bother Kourtney so much and why, even though it’s been 20+ years, that these wounds still haven’t had a chance to heal. time doesn’t make things better, change in behavior does (do some extent) and at least on the show, Kris is a very shameless person when it comes to how she treats everyone, and her family. that can’t be forgiven so easily, and you and Kris need to realize that.

Carly

Posted at 11:07 PM on June 5, 2012

I think this has all been very selfish on Kris’s part. She didn’t tell all because she felt guilty and wanted to make things right. She off loaded coz she had the big ole fat dollar signs glittering in her eyes. She comes across as a controlling and sometimes very ruthless woman. As far as Khole stating she doesn’t look like the others as she’s hasn’t got their stature or colouring, that means jack s£&t. It’s called genetics. Just because she doesn’t resemble her immediate family doesn’t mean she’s not a Kardashian. She could resemeble a great aunt or a great great grandparent. This is how those wonderful things called genes works. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters and not one of us look a like or closely resemble our parents. My brothers resemble our grandfather on our dads side and us girls resemble our mothers sister. Go and do some research on genetics and get back to me, they’re a wonder.

Carly

Posted at 10:57 PM on June 5, 2012

I think all this has been extremely selfish on Kris’s

Debbie Wantland

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 1, 2012

Who are you too Judge her you have a child born out of wed lock…Shame on you . May God forgive you .

Pete

Posted at 10:51 PM on June 5, 2012

Welcome to the 21st century. Most people have children out of wedlock. I think before you go spouting misinterpretations from a book about a fictitious God, you should learn to spell and maybe get a mind of your own.

princess nyc

Posted at 11:20 AM on May 30, 2012

I think the show kuwtks should be cancelled.This family is not close at all.Kris jenner is a pimp to all the girls.Kendall and Kylie will end up with troubles.Get rid of the kardashians

winnie

Posted at 5:24 AM on May 30, 2012

B_L_A_C_K_W_H_I_T_E_P_L_A_N_E_T_._c_0_m Place___ For___ Interracial ___Singles ___And___ Admires!
Place_to_meet_a__Inter’racial_partner. Every_quality_single_is_welcome_here !if_you_ interested_in_meeting_

donna

Posted at 4:26 AM on May 30, 2012

kris you are all about money money money and money but when i comes to your private life everyone should step aside you treat bruce like crap and he is such a nice guy…… so as for your daughter forgiving you for cheating on her father noooooooooo dont do it girl,,, and if it turns out the other daughter is OJs daughter… oh dont forget to get his DNA not just your mums i wouldnt talk to her ither, kourtney dont ever trust your mum again, and khloe be careful you my have OJ as a dad… get his DNA cheers

fran

Posted at 4:20 AM on May 30, 2012

the sooner these girls get away from the kris the better, she is a controlling freak, and no she she not forgive her mother, she gave scott a hard time and showed so much hate towards alot of their friends and etc you go girl DONT forgive someone that cheats…

Sofia

Posted at 4:00 AM on May 30, 2012

That family is crazy.

lydia

Posted at 9:30 PM on May 29, 2012

The sooner all of them get away from crazy kris and start living their own lives, the better off they will be. STOP letting her run everyone’s life!!! Why can’t they break the apron strings? Money? Greed? They have enough and / or have learned how to make it on their own. Kris is bad news

Ashley

Posted at 6:26 PM on May 29, 2012

She just needs to suck it up and stop pointing the finger. How people can judge without being judged, is crazy. She’s pregnant, has a child, treats Scott like an outsider, and to everyone, that’s dysfunctional. Yet, her mom’s not saying, your not living christian like, or doing right, etc. How she got pregnant, idk! Scott I’m sure is getting a** from somewhere else because Kourtney sucks as a girlfriend. I hope she’s left as a single mom, and THEN we will see what she has to say…

sesa

Posted at 6:01 PM on May 29, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, this affair drama has to be dragged and dragged until they can think of something else to keep rating up. Who the heck is watching their TV trash is a mystery to me. I only keep up with them in trashy internet tabloids.

waycross48

Posted at 3:25 PM on May 29, 2012

I HATE it when people unburden themselves of past indescretions when it serves NO purpose but to make them feel better and only hurts those they love. If the girls did not know, especially Khloe, she should have kept her MOUTH SHUT. Khloe had the worst time dealing with Robert’s death and now to think that he may not have been her father – what will that do to her.. Khloe has always wondered why she was tall, big boned and looks nothing like her tiny sisters with dark hair. Khloe looks like no one in the Kardashian family. So now, Kris has unburdened her soul at the expense of her children. What purpose did it serve? The “public” is not owed that tidbit of personal information – it served NO purpose but to unburden Kris’ guilt – at the expense of her family. How selfish can a mother be. She should have just kept her mouth shut but as usual – it’s all about Kris, hurting her daughters didn’t matter- especially Khloe. Shes finally happy and then she gets hit with the possibility that she’s not truly a Kardashian. How sad and what a sorry mother to unburden herself at their expense. Sickening

waycross48

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 29, 2012

ps. even in the childhood photos and videos Khloe looks nothing like the other Kardashian children. But, of course, a little “hot sex” sells books, right Kris??? I think this was her ultimate goal – book sales – more than considering the hurt and pain it could and has caused her family.

mvk

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 29, 2012

Ialso agree with Kourtney. Why insist on airing your durty laundry just for publicity. And if Kris is flirting with the caterer now than that me she has never stopped being unfaithful.

bells

Posted at 3:16 PM on May 29, 2012

For everyone saying kourtney needs to forgive her, she doesn’t have to now or ever ifr she doesn’t want to. All of y’all saying yes, have you a parent who did this and destroyed your family, have you been in the same position as she? I bet a majority of the people saying yes don’t understand having a family torn apart like that. Bonnie shouldn’t be saying she just needs to forgive her mom, you don’t know how kourtney feels regardless of what “reliable source” tells you. Do you have a parent dead and a mom who cheated on him? Let people live their life without telling them what you think’s best for their life, you don’t know her.

Sweetiepie

Posted at 1:51 PM on May 29, 2012

I agree w/Kourtney, for Kris Jenner to put all of that in her “memoirs” [who the eff cares about her memoirs] was wrong, for her to write that and not think that it would effect her kids? She is selfish and really has no conscience, did she bring up old memories for the show? Because that would not surprise me, instant scripted drama!