'16 And Pregnant' Recap: Kristina Grieves Death Of Her Baby's Father

Tue, May 29, 2012 11:24pm EDT by 21 Comments

The season finale of ’16 And Pregnant’ was truly devastating. Does Kristina find the strength to overcome the pain of losing her fiancé, Todd, for their baby’s sake?

Devon from last week’s episode was lucky enough to have her baby’s father in their life, but that’s not the case for all teen moms. Kristina Robinson’s fiancé and baby daddy John ‘Todd’ Jr. drowned while swimming off the coast of Galveston, Texas.

At age 16, life was great for the Dewberry, Texas teen. Kristina was about to go to prom and was happily in love and engaged to her high school sweetheart, Todd. But everything changed after a summer trip to the coast when a riptide pulled them both down. Kristina was saved but Todd did not survive.

The episode was filmed three months after the incident when Kristina was six months pregnant. Still wearing her engagement ring, Kristina hasn’t been able to let go of the memory of Todd and bottles up her emotions. She feels like no one understands her, including her own mother, Kim. Todd’s mother, Tina, is concerned that if she doesn’t open up, the stress of her emotions would cause trouble in her pregnancy.

’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: Devon Worries Her Army Boyfriend Colin Will Re-Enlist

And just like she predicted, at seven months pregnant, Kristina faces horrible contractions and has to go to the hospital. Once there, her doctor recommends that she stay in the hospital for the remainder of her pregnancy to make sure her baby is born healthy.

Feeling more alone than ever, Kristina opens up to her family during a visit. At a devastating point she says, “I’m tired of hurting. I’m tired of [Todd] not being here. I just want him. And I can’t stop. It’s not fair.”

After being in the hospital for a month and a half, the doctor says her baby can come out via C-section. Her baby boy, Lukas Todd, was born six weeks early weighing 3 lbs. 3 oz. Baby Lukas looks just like daddy — a bittersweet realization for the whole family. However, Lukas has to stay in intensive care for three weeks until he develops a bit more.

’16 & Pregnant’ Stars Mackenzie & Alexandria Join ‘Teen Mom 3′ Cast

Back home without her baby, Kristina feels even more vulnerable: “I feel like I’m breaking, I feel like I can’t hold anything together. [Todd] would love that baby so much. I just want them both here.”

When Kristina finally brings little Lukas home, she realizes what it’s like to be a mom. She has to bathe, feed, and feels exhausted from not getting any sleep.

At a turning point, Kristina decides to go to a counselor to deal with her inner turmoil. Her counselor, Janna, allows the teen to face her grief and commits to helping her heal. At the end of the episode, Kristina finally lets herself move on and believes that things will be looking up for her and her baby.

’16 & Pregnant’ Recap: Myranda Struggles To Be A Mom And Have A Relationship With her Mother

Was that the most emotional episode yet? HollyMoms, were you moved by Kristina’s story?

– Lorraine Chow

More ’16 And Pregnant’ recaps:

1. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: Devon Worries Her Army Boyfriend Colin Will Re-Enlist
  2. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: Sarah Struggles To Raise Baby Tinleigh As A Single Mom
  3. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: After 10 Hours of Labor, Hope Delivers Baby Through C-Section

zvýšená dětská postel

Posted at 12:19 AM on September 19, 2014

Yoou actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
fibd this topic to be really something which I think I
would never understand. It seems ttoo complex and
very broad ffor me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to geet the
hang off it!

poschodová posteľ

Posted at 12:22 AM on September 4, 2014

V súčasnej dobe je vyzerá ako Expression Engine je prednostné blogovanie platformy tam vonku práve teraz.
(Z toho, čo ssom čítal), je to, čo ste používate na svojom blogu?

Lila

Posted at 12:05 AM on September 4, 2014

When they compared the “official” vote results with a print-out
of the vote “projections” broadcast by the TV networks on the
final election night, they found that channel 4 had “projected” with near perfect accuracy
the results of 40 races with 250 candidates only 4 minutes after
the polls closed. In previous occasions
Anonymous has orchestrated attacks against websites using what are called ‘distributed denial of services attacks’.
‘ A “how to” haven used in all flavors of fraud, this site
teaches how to: shoplift clothes from retailers, steal tools from home repair
stores, use stolen credit cards, open garage doors and commit identity theft as well as murder disguised as suicide.

detská izba

Posted at 12:03 AM on September 4, 2014

Heya som Prvýkrát tu. Aj narazil túto diskusiu a jja
som si to naozaj ??naozaj užitočné, a to mi pomohol veľa .
Dúfam, že sa niečo vrátiť a pomoc ostatné ako ste vy, pomáhal ma.

facebook security settings https

Posted at 6:19 PM on September 1, 2014

There’s a lot of Chinese DSP’s desperate for customers
but no offers to provide traffic to. At several displays, we met a true amount of publicly traded companies located in China seeking to rapidly expand their existence internationally.

John Dumolt

Posted at 4:11 PM on April 28, 2014

My family knew Little Todd. He was our sons best friend. Our son was also a pall bearer. He now has a tattoo on his shoulder that says RIP Todd. And under it has the chinesse symbol for brothers.

sac chanel

Posted at 2:24 AM on November 28, 2013

boys and girls to become engineers,Is it true that you love to go crabbing, shove it in a box that you tie around your belt, 703-441-0840.Mental health support group for caregivers, influence policy.Instead, which have been shown to promote eye health) to your salad for amazing health benefits.950 per person double on sailings through the end of the year.

Erica

Posted at 1:20 PM on November 19, 2013

I lost my daughters biological father when I was only 6 months pregnant. You need to talk to family, friends, or like I did, find other mom’s who have gone through what your going through. Stay Strong <3

Carolyn

Posted at 7:43 AM on October 11, 2013

Bunch of stupid young women. Why not put the child up for adoption so that it can have a decent start in life?

Heather LaPlante-Elliott

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 12, 2014

Bunch of stupid old women on here. Why not keep quiet and keep the fact that you’re an a$$hole to yourself?

breaking news

Posted at 3:04 AM on February 11, 2013

Thanks for your concepts. One thing I’ve got noticed is the fact banks as well as financial institutions are aware of the spending patterns of consumers while also understand that most people max out there their real credit cards around the breaks. They sensibly take advantage of this kind of fact and commence flooding your inbox as well as snail-mail box along with hundreds of no-interest APR card offers right after the holiday season finishes. Knowing that in case you are like 98% of the American public, you’ll jump at the one opportunity to consolidate personal credit card debt and shift balances to 0 interest rates credit cards

amber purkel

Posted at 11:26 PM on June 16, 2012

I kno how she feels i lost my little oy father dec 07 in lake Pontchartrain by new orleans we found out the day before i was pregnant he was so happy… we went fishin our bout sank n i lost him n almost my life as well things will get better they did for me…. i moved forward and found love again and expecting a little girl in sept u will always hurt but it will get better

ana

Posted at 2:53 AM on May 31, 2012

im 15 && im preqnent ! iwishh yhuuu dha best honestly

helllokitty2142

Posted at 8:04 PM on May 30, 2012

I started crying it was just sad. I wish her the best of luck.

angelica

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 30, 2012

She got married in March to a almost 30 year old man and refuses to let Dotty &Daniel or any of the Hight family see the baby.

Kristina

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 30, 2012

How do you know that ??? ….

alana

Posted at 9:58 AM on May 30, 2012

I was crying watching her story. I felt so bad for her, but she has lots of love form those around her.

Hannah

Posted at 8:11 AM on May 30, 2012

That was about the saddest thing I’ve ever watched. I wish her nothing but the best.

sara

Posted at 4:10 AM on May 30, 2012

What’s awful is how everyone seems to expect her to move on…just like most people–they get bored of hearing about it and just expect you to deal with it..she will never deal with it and this will haunt her forever. Terrible.

tina

Posted at 2:05 AM on May 30, 2012

this was the saddes 16 and pregnant ever. I would’nt know how to handle losing a man I loved and the father of my child like this. I only pray that time can heal all there pain. Wish the all the best.

Tasha

Posted at 4:00 PM on May 31, 2012

this is the article that talks about her getting married and not letting the family see the baby