Robert Pattinson Scared Of Being 'Typecast' As Edward Cullen

Thu, May 24, 2012 10:24am EDT by 7 Comments
Robert Pattinson Edward Cullen

In a new interview in ‘Les InRockuptibles’ Rob reveals his fears of always being remembered for ‘Twilight’ — do you think he’s just overthinking it?

Will Robert Pattinson be Edward Cullen for all eternity? The 26-year-old actor reveals his fears in a new interview and we didn’t realize Rob was so worried about being typecast!

“I’m scared of being typecast,” Rob says. “Like most actors who start for that matter: it’s important to branch out very early on. That’s the whole point. In fact, I got offered the lead in Cosmopolis on my last day of filming Breaking Dawn. Right at the moment when I thought I was scared of repeating myself and bam! Cronenberg is calling me! It’s better than anything I could ever dream of. Now I’m curious to see how the movie is received.”

Rob is currently at the Cannes Film Festival supporting his girlfriend Kristen Stewart and attending the premiere of Cosmopolis. We love Rob as Edward and luckily Twi-hards get one more Edward Cullen moment when The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn: Part 2 hits theaters in November 2012.

But Rob doesn’t have too much to worry about since he was just cast in the military action flick Mission Blacklist and as a robber in Rover.

— Chloe Melas

More Robert Pattinson:

1. Robert Pattinson Reveals The Most Beautiful Compliment Kristen Stewart Gave Him
  2. Kristen Stewart Looks Super Sexy In A See-Through Top
  3. Kristen Stewart In Cannes For ‘On The Road’ In Printed Balenciaga Pants

rita

Posted at 6:20 PM on May 26, 2012

robert will always be edward and tyler and george and who ever he plays in cosmo because he brings the characters to life in the movies.

Megan

Posted at 7:19 PM on May 24, 2012

I love ROBERT. Robert is looking his Edward Cullen Swag (lol) Which is great, because now when I look at his picture I think “ROBERT PATTINSON” not Edward or Cedrick. I think he’s getting to the point where I’ll hardly remember that he’s the guy from Twilight. (-;

Megan

Posted at 7:19 PM on May 24, 2012

I mean losing not looking. xD

mag

Posted at 2:39 PM on May 24, 2012

love him as edward and as more as cedrick driggory. i haven’t watched bel ami bt i think he’s pretty cool in that one too.

Yeya Gutierrez

Posted at 11:38 AM on May 24, 2012

Hi Rob, for me Eric Parker arrived yesterday to Cannes, I saw him in many photos, and tomorrow we will see his movie, good luck.

hano

Posted at 11:38 AM on May 24, 2012

hi rob im from iraq and happy 4 your new film the mission black list

Val

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 24, 2012

Love him as Edward but I also love him in his other roles. Can’t wait to see Cosmopolis! Wish him the best!