Queen Latifah Comes Out As A Lesbian

Thu, May 24, 2012 6:21pm EDT by 197 Comments 36,720 Article Views
Queen Latifah Gay

After years of keeping her sexual identity behind closed doors, Queen Latifah admitted the LGBT people are her ‘peeps’ during a show at the 2012 Long Beach Pride.

Queen Latifah‘s latest show must have been quite liberating for her. At the 2012 Long Beach Pride event in California last weekend, the 42-year-old award-winning singer, rapper and actress officially came out as gay.

“Y’all my peeps (people),” she said, referring to the LGBT community. “I love you!”

The Queen performed to a crowd of about 1,000 people for more than an hour, telling them to “keep your support system tight” and also warning about keeping safe from STDs.

“Thank you to all my favorite peep guests who came out to support me. I appreciate it. I love you so much. Hope you had a beautiful time,” she said. “Y’all be safe whatever y’all get into tonight. Boys –- strap it up. Ladies –- strap it up.”

We applaud the Queen with her decision to come out. Are you surprised by her announcement?

Loading video...

More Gay Celebrities Coming Out Of The ‘Closet':

1. Jim Parsons Reveals: I’m Gay
  2. Tom Gabel Of Against Me! Comes Out As A Transgender
  3. Matt Bomer Is Gay: ‘White Collar’ Actor Comes Out At Awards Ceremony

rolandzongo

Posted at 10:29 PM on August 31, 2014

i love Quen

Kim

Posted at 3:25 AM on August 24, 2014

No I’m not surprised about Queen coming out.I’m just happy that she finally had the courage to be her complete self in public.I love her

Jon Roberts

Posted at 11:55 AM on August 22, 2014

I lived my life for fourty years as a heterosexual! I spent my childhood and adolescence feeling like a freak because I always was more attracted to boys than girls and being raised in the southern baptist and Pentecostal churches just felt doomed to hell! I was married for twenty years miserably because that’s what normal people did! I finally met a man whom I have been with for five years( which I might add have been some of the happiest of my life!) So for all of you out there who think its a choice unless you have been where I’m at don’t judge!! Why would anyone choose a lifestyle where you are made fun of and hated and discriminated against! I have been disowned by ninety percent of the people I grew up living but guess what it’s their loss and I am finally happy and guess what I am wonderful person!!

Jean

Posted at 10:35 AM on July 28, 2014

I don’t care one way or another but that statement doesn’t mean anything. You can have gay friends and that doesn’t mean you are gay. You guys are always jumping to conclusions about everything. I don’t believe anything until I hear it from the person themselves. People that don’t sleep around and run around with tons of men or women seem to be gay nowadays. If you aren’t promiscuous (sp) you are gay. If you are a football player and don’t run around with a bunch of women you are gay. Get a life people, worry about your own life and not everyone else’s.

breé aka barnie

Posted at 4:14 AM on July 26, 2014

Ey!!!!! Ya’ll
b****** GOD is truly real and the person who’s name is “sick of the god crap” God will punish u honey… Ha why else did Jesus die on the cross so God could forgive all our sins … He sacrificed he’s Son whch means he truly loves us ,alwys will,and still does even if you reject him whch sum ya’ll doin’ rite now!!!! BTW so truly sorry for swearing (not supposed 2 ) coz I’m talkin ‘ bout my Father thy holy GOd and Jesus

letazhia

Posted at 12:19 AM on July 25, 2014

I have been a big fan of hers since living single. I think it’s great that she came out and i will love her no matter what she does. She is an amazing woman. Please come back to music WE NEED YOU!!!!!!! Now more than ever.

Anonymous

Posted at 2:48 AM on May 20, 2014

I don’t understand why people are so concerned about her sexual orientation.

Stephanie Sanders

Posted at 11:30 AM on May 17, 2014

I love Queen Latifah, I always had a feeling she is gay but so what that is her life, her business. I respect her for all the work she has done working with women helping those that can’t help themselves. I’m not gay but I really do respect this young lady and always will support her.

Paul Johnson

Posted at 4:10 AM on April 25, 2014

Thank you. All she said was they were her peeps. I have black friends that are “my boyz” that doesnt meanim black.

Clive Sims

Posted at 3:55 PM on April 19, 2014

awwww man, I just found out, made my world crash I tell you – I have the biggest crush on Queen Latifah, have done so ever since I first saw her on Fresh Prince – then before she had the “girls” reduced, loved her in the movie version of “Chicago”

Hiram

Posted at 3:16 PM on March 22, 2014

Not only is she gay, he hates dudes and ONLY casts 100% female audience members for her show. It’s THE ONLY show on the air that has 100% female audience – because she’s a man hating dyke.

No Suprise

Posted at 9:28 AM on June 13, 2014

you’re a dumbazz!! she has had quite a few male guest on her show!

Leslynn

Posted at 9:04 PM on March 4, 2014

What else is new!. The she world seems to be sellin’ out to satan, the world is becoming a modern day Sodom& Gommorah all for an orgasm. Think about eternity . Romans chapter1 talks about this.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:05 PM on March 7, 2014

What a limited knowledge of sexuality you have. Being gay or being straight is not about orgasm, it’s not a choice and most intelligent people don’t care to hear the crap that you religious fanatics CHOOSE to believe. The world would be a much better place without the poison of religion and the hate and ignorance born of the ‘fantasy’ of god. Grow up and educate yourself.

me

Posted at 5:28 PM on March 10, 2014

I’m sad for you, cause one day when your life down on earth is done YOU WILL KNOW GOD. Then it’s too late when you want to change your mind about him…

Audley Smith

Posted at 2:39 PM on January 27, 2014

Has the world gone mad? Why are going against things which are natural and then turn around and call it tolerance or love?

lucky724@sbcglobal.net

Posted at 12:01 AM on January 27, 2014

No it was no surprise to me. Ive heard she was gay for a long time and you can tell she has masculine ways about her. Good Luck to her. Im sure she is glad that is is finally in the open after 42 years of hiding it.

shirley

Posted at 11:38 PM on January 24, 2014

I always knew it when i watch you on tv and n movies i can just tell but I LOVE YOU and i love your movies and i watch your show everyday n girl the lgbt is my peeps too never be ashamed of who you are

phoebe joan

Posted at 11:01 PM on January 23, 2014

Even thought your gay I still love you queen latifah your are my favorite star. It don’t matter what you choose to be. Just be yourself an all your fans all over the world will and always still love you always…. <3 love always your fan Phoebe a.k.a pheebsjoan

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:07 PM on March 7, 2014

People don’t Choose to be gay anymore than people Choose to be straight. Sexuality is innate. No where does this ridiculous article prove that she ‘came out’. She didn’t say she was gay. People need to learn how to read.

Jaren

Posted at 12:17 PM on January 11, 2014

This article is poor journalism at its finest. Absolute speculation. I mean, we all know the truth about our Sis Queen Latifah. But coming out is something she needs to do on HER TERMS. Coming out is saying “I’m gay” not “Y’all are my peeps.” I mean, like seriously?!?!?!

The 5by5 (@The5by5)

Posted at 2:10 PM on January 14, 2014

i agree.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:10 PM on March 7, 2014

I completely agree!

shonda clifton

Posted at 12:29 PM on January 9, 2014

its sad i mean have tha people in tha world gone crazy it says it in tha bible a woman and woman and man man going together sad to say u going straight to hell and to those clueless people that think its more then one god u stupid i think its nasty and if u think that woman or man is worth u going to tha lake of fire thats u

Hali Hulsey

Posted at 11:46 PM on January 26, 2014

^ To this lady shonda Clifton, it never says that & people try to change a book that was written 3 something odd years ago & wasn’t even written by God himself, so unless you got a call from god saying I am going to burn in hell, give him my number so He can get me a heads up.

Leslynn

Posted at 9:16 PM on March 4, 2014

Hey Rhonda, u know what is right and wrong, remember ur 1rst time, u felt good, but guilty that is ur conscience, but then it did not bother u to much because ubecame hardened yo that voice. Jewish loves you and shed His blood for your sins and mine. He loves you , but it’s the unnatural act that He hates. Don’t sell your soul for an ultimate orgasm. It is a spirit of lesbianism that people invite in by their imagination and then acting upon the fantasy.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:19 PM on March 7, 2014

I think that you are clearly illiterate. You should work on your English language skills before you begin to quote a book. If you can’t read and write properly, you can’t fully understand what you read. Stop judging people by what’s your idea of ‘right’. Who are you to tell anyone?

perez coco

Posted at 11:42 PM on June 18, 2014

So true God is real people dont fool yourselves. Yall will pay for doing evil and the worst thing u guys dont even realize its evil even though the bible pointed it out.

Religion is an excuse to hate

Posted at 1:54 AM on January 4, 2014

Get!

Take your judgemental sh*t back to church where it belongs.

I love how religious people shove their beliefs in others faces…
It makes me feel better when I do the same thing when they knock on MY door.

These comments remind me why I’ll die an Atheist.

MAG

Posted at 6:49 PM on February 7, 2014

It doesn’t belong in church? Religion is an excuse to hate? What are you doing? Hating. I have never seen a religious person shove it in your face, yet Athiests crawl these boards with cuss words and hate. The people who knock your door are mostly false religions. Do some real research. You and others want to force God out of everything and shove your agenda down our throats. It is a two way street. It is ok for you, but not us? There is always a false answer and an excuse as to why God doesn’t exist. Have you thought about life after death? Where do you intend to go? You aren’t coming back as a snake or a lion. And guess what death is 100% guaranteed. The Bible discusses it, yet it is not real right? You have two choices, Heaven or Hell. If you believe otherwise then prove some other existence. Don’t tell me about alien life or some other thing because if it were real there would be proof. There is no proof! The Bible has been proven! If there is a Heaven and a Hell and it is in fact a real place then you would rather be in Hell? The Bible says that in Hell you will be listening to the wailing, pain, gnashing of teeth and horror of torture and death for eternity. The smell, the darkness and insane heat never ends! It is forever. So risk it and be an athiest? How sad for you. All because you refuse to seek the truth. It amazes me how people claim the Bible is a joke and a falsehood, yet time after time it proves itself true. The world is getting more perverse and turning away from hope and love just as the Bible says it will. Those who don’t believe will be left here watching and have nothing to look forward to but death, because they believe in something other than God. I have friends who were Athiests like you. They no longer are. Not all Christians are bad people. Seek ye first the kingdom of a God. It doesn’t say seek Allah, Mohamad, Buddha, Haricrishna or nothing at all. Why would a man die on a cross for mankind and their sin? For fun? Really be objective and think about it. I’m truly sorry peoples replies have you so angry.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:22 PM on March 7, 2014

No no no. There is always an excuse and always a false answer why God does exist. There is no heaven and no hell. There is only here and now. Religion is such poison.

Leslynn

Posted at 9:25 PM on March 4, 2014

Jesus loves you so much that He shed his blood for us, people don’t judge, theWordOfGod does, it judges allot us in love, but when we want to continue in our sin, we get mad when it’s exposed as wrong. You do Not want to leave this world an atheist because if you do you won’t e one the nanosecond you exit this world. You will become a believer, but only it will be to late, read John 3:16 about Gods love for all of us.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:16 PM on March 7, 2014

blah blah blah – you are Brainwashed. There is no such thing as God or Jesus. It’s a fairy tale made up to control people.

sick of the god crap

Posted at 4:15 PM on March 7, 2014

Yes! Agreed!

Religious people are weak minded. They have the need to allow others to make decisions for them. There is no such thing as god or hell. Stop using this fairy tale character as excuse to preach hate and ignorance. The world we be a much better place without the poison of religion. God = poison.

WAS

Posted at 5:00 AM on August 26, 2014

GOD WILL PUNISH MAD FOOL UR SICK IDIOT UR DISGUTIN HOW DERE U INSULT MY U WILL DIE B4R 2014 ENDS FOOL EWU MORON UR ROTTING IN HELL AND I WILL BE IN HEAVEN LAFFIN AT U! SO WERE DO U TINK WERE GOIN 2 GO AFTA DA WORLD ENDS WILL STRT ALL OVER ABI? IDIOT

Lisa

Posted at 2:56 PM on December 18, 2013

That comment doesn’t mean she is gay. Personally, I think she is, but it is a far reach to say that this was her big coming out.

paige

Posted at 11:18 PM on December 17, 2013

I don’t care whether or not she is gay as for anyone else. If their happy and not doing anything to you, why do you feel the need to see it as a problem. I’m happy if someone is truly happy and that’s all that matters; however, she did NOT admit to saying she is gay.

Everlena

Posted at 4:53 PM on December 19, 2013

I hope that she is not gay.

rchellesoblessed

Posted at 5:40 PM on December 19, 2013

I am never happy to see a person, any person, who is living in sin, believing the lie that it is not sin. Sin separates us from GOD and that is heartbreaking….

rchellesoblessed

Posted at 5:41 PM on December 19, 2013

So do I…

belle

Posted at 9:40 PM on January 3, 2014

Me neither frankly. This is almost Sodom and Gomorrah.

3rdeye