J Lo's Performance Of 'Goin' In' On 'American Idol' Blew Away Rihanna & Idols

Thu, May 24, 2012 9:59am EDT by 30 Comments
Jennifer Lopez American Idol Finale Performance

Madison

Posted at 6:03 PM on May 28, 2012

She is gorgeous. She can’t sing like Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey, but she seems to put her heart into her music. She is a great dancer though. She can act fairly well, too. I love her… By the way, this is the best entertainment news site that I have ever found. <3

Carmen

Posted at 12:08 PM on May 28, 2012

JLo is a horrible singer and needs to sit down, thats why high ranking artist are always featured on her songs, because no one can sit through one of her songs that have no features…smh where is the talent…its all sex sales….

Katie

Posted at 8:44 AM on May 28, 2012

She is too pretty to dress so sleazy. She doesn’t have to do that to get attention.

Amanda

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 27, 2012

I must say that although I liked both Rihanna and J.Lo’s performance. The best performance for me was the Phonebook song by the other contestants. It was hilarious. I don’t agree with the winner of AI but I ‘m glad Jessica didn’t win it. The only real successful artist that have won AI are Kelly, Fantasia, Carrie, and Scotty. The rest have sorta fallen off the radar. It’s been the runner up or those who were sent home before their time. I can’t wait to get Josh’s and Jessica’s albums when they start recording.

Alexandria

Posted at 3:07 PM on May 27, 2012

I agree with most of what you said, but Fantasia hasn’t been nearly as successful in the music industry as Kelly, Carrie and Scotty has been. Jordin Sparks has probably actually been a little more successful than Fantasia has been. And Fantasia’s personal life has been a mess lately (a suicide attempt, accusations of bad parenting, an affair, an abortion, horrible outfits, ect.). I hope that she overcomes her personal problems and gets her life back on the right track for her sake and her kids’ sakes. GOD forgives.

jennifer

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 26, 2012

no one can perform better than Jennifer Lopez .The Best In The World . She Ate The Stage !.

Bella

Posted at 3:46 PM on May 26, 2012

It is too bad that she can not sing worth a box of crayons. At least she can dance.

jennifer

Posted at 3:19 AM on May 27, 2012

why you think you can decide for the singers? you really think you are in that range to say which singer is good and which one is bad? who can sing and ho can’t? come on . when you say JLo can Sing so you are telling every one that you cant say like that in music . If JLo can’t sing so no one can sing . she always blew up the stage and you can see that every one are enjoying of that . please stop talking about her . she is bigger than someone to say that she is not good . all of the world love her and she is one the bests in music Industry. i loooooove you Jennifer.

jennifer

Posted at 3:22 AM on May 27, 2012

and most important thing is that in this poll 73% of people loves Jennifer Performance more that rihanna’s . Jennifer Really Rocks .

carmen

Posted at 12:09 PM on May 28, 2012

Im glad she ate the stage cause I couldnt swallow her singing….threw up in my mouth 4 times listening to her voice!

~ Natalia ~

Posted at 1:16 PM on May 26, 2012

I wasn’t impressed with Jennifer Lopez’s or Rihanna’s performances, but they are both very beautiful women. It’s hard for me to fathom that Jennifer Lopez is really older than 40 years old now. She still looks 28 years old to me.

Chelsea

Posted at 8:59 AM on May 26, 2012

Sorry, Jennifer Lopez, but you are NEVER gonna bring the early 90’s MC Hammer can’t-touch-this pants back in style. Again, sorry. It’s NOT gonna happen.

BMH

Posted at 1:42 PM on May 25, 2012

J-Lo is hot!!!!!! Her moves are sexy. She’s a beauty. And she was the star performer on Idol. Rihanna is waaaay overrated. Aerosmith and Steven Tyler are great, but their age shows. And the always lame Randy Jackson…why the hell is he even on the show. Yo.

anonymous

Posted at 9:48 AM on May 25, 2012

Jlo cannot sing, nor Jlo cannot act her first and last good performance was in Selena and that was Selina’s voice, they used. Her career was going nowhere fast until Idol and she used that to launch her sagging career, what she does have is a good manager by the name of Medina that knows how to promote her and make money. Just like Jennifer aniston they have a good pr man that drives their non talent career.

jlo_fake

Posted at 4:33 AM on May 25, 2012

JLO just a fake singer, she has no talent at all except her dance move. Her performance on american idol finale is just WHAT!! not using her own vocal capability, what i see the other nite was all recording voice from her. she has alot things to improve in singing and her vocal range as well. the way she judge on american idol as if she has a huge range of voice.. but she is NOT!! That i guess she prefer Phillip Phillips to win coz they are all have the same range of voice..

julia

Posted at 8:06 PM on May 24, 2012

JLo OWNED that stage!!! i was very impressed, she looked great, her dance move were hot and her sex appeal was just over the roof. she is a legend! c’mon we all know that christina, brtiney, or demi flopvato cant put a show like this on.

Debbie

Posted at 5:56 PM on May 24, 2012

When did American Idol become the Jennifer Lopez show? I’m tired of her.

rono

Posted at 5:47 PM on May 24, 2012

She really did blow her away!!! Rihanna is nothing but trash! Though I did think Aerosmith was good too!

Ummmm riiiight...

Posted at 4:31 PM on May 24, 2012

Yeah…you must just simply be a fan of JLo. Don’t get me wrong I really like JLo (seen all of her movies), but “Blew away Rihanna” HELLLLL NOOOOO!!!!! Why would you even go there…Sorry Charlie….that’s just isn’t good observation on your part. The damn good looking dancers that performed with Rihanna made more of an impact than JLo’s singing (I couldn’t stop staring). And we haven’t even begun to truly discuss JLo’s vocals. Any true observers of JLo, know that singing isn’t her strongest talent, as many of the comments below so eloquently stated. You might want to use more objective language next time and let your readers decide. Good luck with this article….I totally disagree!!!!!

guest

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 24, 2012

Lo is a suck

disgusted

Posted at 3:03 PM on May 24, 2012

Doesn’t anyone have an issue with a judge on a singing competition show lip syncing her way thru a performance instead of singing? What a joke.

diana

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 24, 2012

I concur

PineHill

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 24, 2012

Are you serious??At least Rihanna sang live and danced too. Jennifer just lip synced her whole auto tune performance.

gbtw

Posted at 3:40 PM on May 24, 2012

but wait, did she even sing? i just saw dancing in mc hammer pants… but i liked the rappers with her. and her dancing was all right.

bluemoon

Posted at 1:18 PM on May 24, 2012

Phillip Phillips does not have the best voice, but he is the whole package. If I heard him on hte radio, I would know it was Phillip. If I heard Jessica, I would not know who she was…just another pretty voice. Phillip has huge character in his voice, unusual phrasings….wonderful!

Zanners

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 24, 2012

J Lo’s performance was amazing, she has an amazing voice when singing live, unlike Nicki Minaj J. Her one was so bad they should really auto tune Nicki’s voice because it’s really bad when singing live!

KT

Posted at 10:57 AM on May 24, 2012

In my opinion Jessica and Jennifer Holliday’s performance is what stole the show. Not saying JLo didn’t do amazing but I feel like she has promoted herself too much this season which was kind of a turn off for me.

Zanners

Posted at 11:23 AM on May 24, 2012

I think Jessica should’ve won because she has an amazing voice, although she will get signed it is just the name that you won American Idol that you want. Jessica has a voice that needs to be heard around the whole world. I loved her the minute she performed that song to get into the top 24. Phillip is alright but not to be mean but he looks constipated when he is singing I don’t like him. Jessica is an inspiration to everyone. My whole family got mad when they found out Jessica didn’t win, I was really upset. She did all she can do, and Phillip wins? It just doesn’t make sense. Anyways I just wanted to tell Jessica that I love her a lot and I’m a huge fan. Also I’m from Toronto so I can’t vote.

Extra Extra

Posted at 10:11 AM on May 24, 2012

Jennifer Lopez was absolutely stunning and awesome last night. She is such an inspiration for the things mentioned. If I could look like that at 42…wow!!! Her songs, her look, her dance, her overall performance was flawless and she did it LIVE!!! Love you jennifer!

Zanners

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 24, 2012

I absolutely agree with you.