Will Smith: I Didn't Hit The Reporter — Do YOU Agree?

Wed, May 23, 2012 3:30pm EDT by 5 Comments

By now you’ve probably seen the scary video of Will Smith attacking a Ukranian reporter, but the ‘MIB’ star continues to deny it! Do you think his punch was as violent as it looked?

Will Smith was trending on Google last week after a video of him punching a reporter went viral.

But Will responded on the Late Show with David Letterman on May 22 by aloofly laughing it off.

“I didn’t beat up a guy,” Will told David Letterman. “I was in Moscow, We’re doing an interview and he says ‘man’ you know, like, he’s a reporter, he’s like ‘I’m your biggest fan, can I have a hug?’ so I go to give him a hug and he like tries to lean in and like kiss me…It’s just awkward, Dave.”

Yes, and it was also scary for all of us to watch. I think Will should be handling this in more caring manner.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Watch the videos and vote below.

– Nicole Karlis

Watch Will Smith hit the reporter

Watch Will Smith respond on David Letterman

More Will and Jada news:

Jada Pinkett Smith’s Shocking Will Smith Divorce Confession

Will & Jada Pinkett Smith Fend Off Divorce Rumors At KCAs

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith — Did Another Man Split Them Up?

Ed Paul

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 25, 2012

Will Smith is an overrated has-been rapper who wasn’t even a very good rapper.Look at how he treated that reporter. Stop giving Will Smith attention then. Let him fade out into has-been land.

Kathy Schroeder

Posted at 10:27 AM on October 31, 2013

Oh Please! Are you telling me him swatting a reporter who tried to kiss him in the mouth was wrong? I think you might feel differently if a complete stranger did it to you. Attacking this talented actor shows just a mean spirited jealous person. You don’t have to like his music, but to say he has no talent, is just plain laughable, It gives you no credibility whatsoever.

Tuemuu Kaira

Posted at 4:28 AM on May 24, 2012

I wachted the video, but is dont c any problem, all i could c is the reporter wanted to get a thing out of it and he got what he wanted. Why do reporters always want to get dramas out of nothing………………Will did not hit him it was a soft push slap, og come on get real………..

Andrey Andreev

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 23, 2012

It’s just bad propaganda of sex and violence

Shelly

Posted at 4:04 PM on May 23, 2012

Handling it in a more caring manner?? Are you for real HL???. The reporter asked if he could give Will a hug and Will obliged him but the reporter took it upon himself to put his lips on Will. Are you kidding me? You don’t put your lips in an intimate way on someone you don’t know. I don’t care who it is.

All Will did was give the reporter a soft slap on his cheek as if to push his face away. He did not punch him but she should have put his lights out. I am not a fan of violence but this reporter asked for it.

What if the reporter was a psycho and had a knife or a gun and when he went to hug Will stabbed him or shot him. If Will is smart he shouldn’t let anyone get that close to him again. People act too crazy around celebs.