Lolo Jones: You're One Smart, Hot Virgin

Wed, May 23, 2012 7:58pm EDT by 23 Comments
Lolo Jones Virgin

Husbands to be, get in line! You have to admire this determined 29-year-old woman and Olympic athlete, who’s committed to saving her virginity for marriage.

Lolo Jones, you aren’t just dedicated to the ideal that you want your virginity to be a gift for your husband, you are a major self-esteem role model in multiple ways.

HollywoodLifers, do you all love yourselves enough to say no to one night stands and casual meaningless sex with guys who don’t love you, like Lolo Jones has?

I’m not saying that you should all stay virgins until marriage, like Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones, who hopes to take home gold in London this summer, but holding off on sex — or sex when you’re still a teen — might end up making you feel the value of yourself, the way you should. Why should guys get the gift of intimacy with you, if they don’t want to be in a devoted and loving relationship with you? Why shouldn’t you only have sex with a man who worships you?

Lolo Jones admitted in an interview on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel that her virginity vow has not been easy.

“There are virgins out there and I want to let them know that it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” she said. “Harder than training for the Olympics. Harder than graduating from college has been to stay a virgin before marriage. I’ve been tempted, I’ve had plenty of opportunities.”

Speaking of worshiping, Lolo Jones’s commitment to being a virgin bride is part of her devotion to Christianity, but you don’t have to be religious to be religious about thinking you deserve to wait for a man, who cherishes you and might want to spend a lifetime with you.

That said, refusing to give in to your own sexual urges with the cute horny guys who cross your path is not easy.

Now, as for Lolo, she has a problem that so many of us do. Even though she is stunning, with the most beautifully muscled body you’ve ever seen, AND she holds the American record for the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 7.72 seconds, she says she can’t meet the right man.

Lots of louses, yes (can’t we all relate?) who tell her she’ll run even faster if they have sex with her or who won’t date her when they find out that she won’t do the dirty.

But that’s nothing compared to dealing with the poverty she grew up in. She spent her childhood living with her single mom and five siblings in the basement of a Des Moines, Iowa Salvation Army church. Now that’s hard!

But nevertheless, she was a star student and athlete and graduated from Louisiana State University. I told you, she is a major role model.

So after triumphing over challenges like those, holding onto your virginity until Mr. Right comes along is something she can definitely deal with.

So what do you think, HollywoodLifers? Could you be convinced at least to give up casual sex or to hold on to your virginity, like Lolo Jones? Tell me now…

Bonnie Fuller

melanie

Posted at 9:28 AM on September 22, 2012

Of course the ‘non-virgins’ are going to feel threatened over the ‘gift’ idea because they will never know what it’s like or be able to give their virginity as a gift. jealous? If someone else views it as a gift, good for them. More power to them.

intimedika.comalat kesehatan

Posted at 6:56 PM on July 3, 2012

Fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector don’t notice this. You should proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!|What’s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid other customers like its aided me. Good job.

How To Make Money Online FREE Marketing System

Posted at 1:41 AM on July 2, 2012

A person necessarily lend a hand to make significantly articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual submit incredible. Great process!

web hosting and profit with Network marketing Earn Big Money Every Month Like Clockwork

Posted at 2:06 PM on July 1, 2012

Attractive component of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to claim that I get actually loved account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get admission to consistently fast.

Global Virtual Opportunities Marketing System and Opportunity

Posted at 7:08 AM on July 1, 2012

I will immediately snatch your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me know in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

Work from home make money online and then get an income for life

Posted at 6:05 AM on July 1, 2012

I’ve read some excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to make any such great informative web site.

lui viton

Posted at 9:45 PM on June 28, 2012

Thanks for some other wonderful post. The place else may just anyone get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.

Rob

Posted at 9:45 PM on May 29, 2012

First….even though young men are (obviously) horny, stop putting it all on them. It makes you sound naive and like someone who’s upset and jealous because no guy wanted you. Second, you’re a fool if you don’t notice (and acknowledge) all the little ho bait out there….a LARGE number of little skanks who go out and search for it on their own. Also, as much of a role model as Lori could be, she’s using all of this for publicity….then has the balls to ask why it’s a story at all. SHE brought it up. SHE put the light on it. She wanted the spotlight, now she will get it. Maybe she should just focus on winning.

Natasha

Posted at 9:20 AM on May 28, 2012

There are many more women and girls who are choosing to remain a virgin until marriage or until they fall in love. Don’t believe that all of us females are like the ones on Jersey Shore and Sex In The City. Plenty of us beautiful, independent, successful females wait until we find the right man who deserves a mature woman with self-respect. I’m 27 years old and I haven’t had sex yet, and I won’t until my wedding night (I’m engaged, so that won’t be much longer). I’m totally happy with that and so is my husband-to-be. :)

Mara

Posted at 11:28 AM on May 28, 2012

I couldn’t agree more. I’m 30 and a virgin and I plan on staying that way until my wedding night. Congrats on your wedding and may you and your husband have a wonderful life together. Best of luck and remember when you fight, to fight fair.

Natasha

Posted at 1:50 PM on May 28, 2012

Thank you. I wish you the best of luck, too. :)

April

Posted at 8:19 AM on May 28, 2012

Cool

Joshua

Posted at 9:03 AM on May 26, 2012

She is beautiful.

serena

Posted at 12:33 PM on May 24, 2012

Yeah…I admire her..coz you know its about culture too..mostly other countries even teens are active in that part, .other factor is religion..christian/catholic.. I’m 20 still virgin,, I believe too virginity as a gift to your husband,,,for me i think being a virgin gives you more self worth, dignity, i believe that our body is sacred… im sorry saying this.. i feel not clean when having sex when youre not yet married… although i respect those people who had premarital sex..its their choice..

Shadows_girl

Posted at 3:39 AM on May 24, 2012

‘Holding on to your virginity’ makes a much bigger deal than it really is – sex is natural and there is nothing wrong in acting on those urges…specially when you are 29!
Being a virgin does NOT automatically mean anyone will ‘cherish you’ or ‘worship’ you… In fact it will only make it harder to find ‘the one’.

Do not even get me started on the idea of virginity as a ‘gift’…

Gabrielle Hamberger

Posted at 12:30 PM on June 5, 2012

TOTALLY agree with everything you said! I think abstaining from sex is actually bad for your health, not good. If she’s waiting for a guy to worship her, she will most likely die a virgin. I honestly can’t imagine anything more horrible than being a virgin at 29. Wow. Her choice, though.

lr

Posted at 3:06 PM on May 20, 2013

Actually, sex is a big deal. All you have to do is look at all the kids w/o parents, kids having kids, super gono, super HIV/AIDS, and all the other diseases that are even worse then they’ve been. Not only that, but all the fighting when you’re really not mature enough to be in a relationship, divorces because people aren’t mature enough to work through problems, etc..etc..etc…

Also, it’s difficult for you to say whether virginity is or isn’t a gift since you’re not.

Lastly, it’s harder to find someone who actually loves you for who you are because people are too busy having sex and not building relationships. It’s easy to get laid, but it’s not easy to have a relationship. They’re not remotely close to the same.

Rio

Posted at 11:33 PM on May 23, 2012

WOW bonnie you’re a complete idiot, to encourage young girls to keep their virginity til marriage is awesome but to say that it’s ideal to save it as ” A GIFT FOR YOUR HUSBAND” is the worst medieval misogynistic bulsh*t i’ve heard in my life, a girl should make that decistion FOR HERSELF, not for her husband!!

Miracle

Posted at 1:35 AM on May 24, 2012

I agree, Theres no way it should be stated saving it for a gift for her husband, shes should be solely doing it for herself.

lr

Posted at 4:08 PM on May 20, 2013

Isn’t that what selfishness is?

lr

Posted at 3:07 PM on May 20, 2013

Actually, it’s better that the man save it for his wife as well, so… I guess the idea is that if man and woman come together as one, they’re as one. Not a hundred.

stnone

Posted at 11:28 PM on May 23, 2012

Hmmm… I think the right man might be a woman?

@jeansinsatra