'90210' Season 5: Gillian Zinser Not Returning As Ivy

Wed, May 23, 2012 9:26am EDT by 20 Comments

Are you bummed that Ivy’s time in the zip is done, or do you agree it’s time for her to move on?

Color me not surprised. Ivy’s (Gillian Zinser) little trip to see Diego (Yani Gellman) in Mexico has turned into a permanent vacation, as TVLine.com reports that Gillian will not be featured on 90210‘s upcoming fifth season.

While it’s nice to have confirmation of Gillian’s exit, I can’t say I’m at all shocked that Ivy won’t be back next season. In my recap of the season finale, I said my goodbyes to her — OK, my exact words were “good riddance” — and I assumed we wouldn’t be seeing her again. Personally, I think Ivy’s day in the sun should have ended after she married Raj (Manish Dayal), as her season-five story lines were just tragedy (divorce) after tragedy (Raj’s death) after tragedy (Diego’s deporation.)

Maybe she can finally find happiness in Mexico.

¡Adios, Ivy!

How do you feel about Ivy’s exit? Do you hope she returns as a guest star somewhere down the road, or are you cool never seeing her again? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the cut.

— Andy Swift

More 90210:

1. ’90210′ Season Finale Recap: Is [Spoiler] Really Dead?
  2. ’90210′ Recap: Who Should Be Silver’s Baby Daddy?
  3. The CW Renews ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ’90210′ & More For Fall 2012

Leah

Posted at 11:07 PM on February 27, 2013

DAMN…THAT SUX. I MEAN I LOVE THE SHOW STILL ALL THE SAME BUT SERIOUSLY GONNA MISS IVY. SHE WAS THAT TOMBOYISH, LAID BACK BEAUTY. THE GIRL ON TH SHOW MOST LIKE MYSELF. HER & NAOMI ARE MY FAVES :( MAYBE SHE WILL STILL GUEST STAR ON EPISODES THE WAY ANDREA ZUCKERMAN DID ON THE ORIGINAL BEVERLY HILLS 90210. HERE’S HOPIN’!!!

Terry

Posted at 9:08 PM on November 30, 2012

I was wondering what happened to her all season… her character was one of my faves!

Trevor

Posted at 1:41 PM on November 22, 2012

Ivy was an awesome tomboy character — a wonderful contrast to the other young women in the show. I loved how she called people “Dude” and kept her feelings close to her chest, saying “Whatever” when she was disappointed. I wish she were back!

quinn

Posted at 10:23 AM on October 23, 2012

ah so sad that ivy not showing up. I want IVY Back for all season 5.. I love her style and character..

tay

Posted at 11:36 PM on October 15, 2012

all of you are idiots. ivy and her darker/more serious storylines was the best part of the show. style-wise, she is different from all the other girls— now it’s back to season 1 where all the girls are alike- in looks and in style and in attitude!! totally boring!!

sarah :(

Posted at 12:56 PM on October 2, 2012

This sucks i am done watching 90210 now :( i actually loved her she was the best character and actor :'(

ivylover

Posted at 5:48 PM on June 5, 2013

totally agree!

Danielle

Posted at 5:09 PM on June 12, 2012

Noo ! Ivy should definitely be in the future of 90210 !

RD

Posted at 7:44 PM on May 27, 2012

So happy hated her character always turned the channel or ff her parts, any chance they’ll get rid of dixon too?

lilly

Posted at 2:48 PM on June 20, 2012

what ?! hate that girl ? or hate yourself !!

Melissa

Posted at 3:08 AM on May 24, 2012

Oh, that sucks! I liked Ivy, but hated her dirtbag street artist bf.

Ted

Posted at 11:58 AM on May 23, 2012

This blows. I think the writers messed up her character with the crappy storylines they gave her during S4. There were several episodes where she wasn’t even there. She used to be so cool. Definitely gonna miss her.

Amelie Jones

Posted at 11:22 AM on May 23, 2012

I think its a shame Ivy’s leaving she was a great character! I was sad we didnt get to see her reunite with Diego in Mexico City though- i think they should have shown that! I actually hope Dixon has died- i find him very boring and would rather see Adrianna with Austin or even Navid

Patrick G

Posted at 11:46 AM on May 24, 2012

You are a cruel-hearted bitch! why would you want Dixon to die? He’s a very good actor. Guess you haven’t watched much HBO “The Wire”. Please do me a favor and go *F*C*K yourself

sarah

Posted at 4:58 AM on June 9, 2012

Woah, that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. Someone has a different opinion that you no need to say that. Grow up.

Sticky

Posted at 6:59 AM on June 10, 2012

It isn’t about the actor anyway! It’s about what they felt about the CHARACTER.

Tammy

Posted at 10:08 AM on May 23, 2012

With Ivy gone , it makes a cozy spot for
Josh Zuckerman to be a regular cast member!!!’

Nina

Posted at 9:47 AM on May 23, 2012

OMG!!! i used to get so annoyed with her but then i began to grow into her character (mostly her friendship with Naomi!)! so now i would miss her :(

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:21 AM on May 23, 2012

I won’t miss the way she always mispronounced Naomi as “Nye-oh-mee.”

sarah

Posted at 10:50 AM on June 4, 2012

ah ha thats the americans for you… Nye-Oh-Mee