Kristen Stewart Vs. Selena Gomez: Who Should Play Anastasia Steele?

Tue, May 22, 2012 3:43pm EDT by 168 Comments

Kristen & Selena were both recently spotted reading the erotic novel ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey,’ but which brunette beauty do you think should star in the movie version?

Once producers figure out how to turn the kinky sex scenes in E L James‘ novel 50 Shades of Grey into a film — and mind you, not an adult film — the next step will be casting the perfect leading lady to play the title role of Anastasia Steele.

While Kristen Stewart is the logical choice, since her character in Twilight was the inspiration behind the fan-fiction inspired book, perhaps a less-obvious option would work better. Maybe even another petite brunette like Selena Gomez!

In a recent Funny or Die video, 19-year-old Selena did a parody titled Fifty Shades of Blue, in which Carl, a groggy painter, stops by her house to paint a wall blue — and leaves Selena hot and bothered.

“Who is this gorgeous guy in front of me?” she asks in the video. “His eyes were starring deep into mine. I could feel my cheeks getting flushed. I hope he didn’t notice.” After pining over Carl for hours, Selena writes her phone number on the receipt, but doesn’t get the steamy ending she was hoping for. Who knew Justin Bieber‘s main squeeze had such a naughty side?!

Then again, if 22-year-old Kristen stars in the racy flick, it could be the perfect opportunity for her to reunite with her boyfriend Robert Pattinson on the silver screen.

“I’m dying to make another movie with Rob,” Kristen revealed in a recent interview. “I think that we’re a good team and I think whatever it is needs to be so ridiculously ambitious. I’d love to work with him again.” And you don’t get more ambitious than glorified erotica!

After weighing the pros and cons, I think that Kristen would be the better casting choice. She knows the character inside and out, and let’s face it, the role was written with her in mind! She’s the right age and has the perfect balance of introversion and awkwardness that Anastasia is known for.

Do YOU think Selena or Kristen should be cast in the kinky role? Sound off below!

Jennifer Kamm

More ’50 Shades of Grey’ News

1. ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Author: ‘Film Won’t Have Full On F**kery’
  2. Why Rob Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Should Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey
  3. Kim Kardashian Tweets Bondage Pic — Does She Want A Part In ’50 Shades Of Grey’?

stephanie

Posted at 11:00 AM on August 5, 2012

SELENA GOMEZ!!!!! I will be SOOO mad if Kristen is Anastasia and if Christian grey is Rob! >_<

ms l s

Posted at 1:07 PM on July 4, 2012

I dont think selena or kirsten is right fir the part kirsten has no personalitly n frankly shes very akward n boring character n ewww never can rob stwe live up to chrstian grey, grey even as a book character is twice the man rob stew will ever be

Jessica

Posted at 3:35 PM on July 2, 2012

Isn’t Selena Gomez a little too young to play that part. I wouldn’t want to pay to see her at least. It would really ruin the movie. I absolutely love the book. Kristen Stewart really fits the part of Anastasia Steele. Selena Gomez will make people feel a little perverted. Just an opinion. Thanks.

Joan

Posted at 12:41 AM on July 2, 2012

I envisioned Emma stone as Ana the whole time I was reading. I was even thinking Zach efron could play christian if they could age him a little bit! Screw kristian Stewart she can’t act worth crap!

shauna

Posted at 5:04 PM on June 28, 2012

KRISTEN and ROB should totally play the part! They would be so perfect for it. Selena Gomez is too girlish and I would never watch the films in a million years if she played the part. Besides kristen and Rob have good chemistry on camera and are more inclined to be believeable as Christian and ana!

sarah

Posted at 4:23 PM on June 19, 2012

Cam Gigandet would be an total hotty as Christian Grey…

sarah

Posted at 4:21 PM on June 19, 2012

Jennifer Lawrence, from the Hunger Games… I love Kristen Stewert, she would be excellent, but I am not sure how comfortable she is with being nude. she needs to hold on to her beliefs, and not do something she isnt comfortable doing..

sam

Posted at 2:30 PM on June 17, 2012

kristen! who else?

melody

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 17, 2012

kristeeeeeeeen !!
she is beautiful and great ^^! >.<

kristina

Posted at 2:27 PM on June 17, 2012

kristen forever

Hailey

Posted at 1:33 PM on June 16, 2012

Honestly, i was thinking more like Anne Hathaway but Kristen would work too. Selena doesnt want to do it so she wouldnt be expressive and interested

susan

Posted at 11:13 AM on June 14, 2012

Riley Keough and Chris Pine

neutral

Posted at 10:36 AM on June 14, 2012

I love Nina but the role doesn’t fit to her. She must posses Anastasia’s physical traits and she doesn’t have those (but hotness yeah). Ashley Benson should be Anastasia.

aleksandra

Posted at 10:18 AM on June 14, 2012

Kristen needs this part – sorry selena but you’re just not pale enough! Kristen would definitely fit the role perfectly. I just hope to god they don’t cast pattinson to play christian haha. Emma watson would be great too never thought of that.

Kerry Cussons

Posted at 6:22 PM on June 12, 2012

Hi.. None of the above can I picture playing those roles. Only a personal view having read all 3 books.. Right from Chapter 7 of book one I’ve pictured Jack Davenport as Christian Grey & Emma Watson (aka: Hermione Grainger as Anastasia Steele. I pictured Angelina JOLIE as Mrs Robinson – the list is endless.. But if the movie is anywhere near as good as the books-it’ll be awesome! Good Luck.. Why I say that i have no idea-you won’t need it! x

catherine

Posted at 6:05 PM on June 12, 2012

kristen forever:)<33 c'mon selena doesn't even noe h to act…she definitely doesn't deserve it……it's funny to meeh how some ppl can say selena:PPP no brains!!!!

bluebird

Posted at 4:18 AM on June 12, 2012

GO AWAY HITCH HIKERS!!! THE FANFIC WAS INSPIRED BY ROBERT PATTINSON AND KRISTEN STEWART!!! ……ANASTACIA STEELE IS KRISTEN STEWART!!!! CHRISTIAN GREY IS ROBERT PATTINSON!!!

Ulysses

Posted at 1:59 AM on June 9, 2012

I’ve heard this is all about sex and or sexuallity (tho people try to add or tie a story to it). If Selena is up for it, then Selena will do the role amazing. But I really dont think the whole Sex thing is something she would go for. Kristen, no. She has no character, no feelings, no emotions. Maybe one of the girls from PrettyLittleLiars, or Gossip Girl. Emma Watson? Emma Roberts? They would do fine, too.

Tanya

Posted at 7:35 PM on June 7, 2012

Yes Kristen As Anastasia Steele

@littleliarsarmyss

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 29, 2012

selena or maybe lucy hale

Hungered

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 29, 2012

Lol Kristen sucks

Luke Benson

Posted at 6:06 PM on May 29, 2012

selena is the best for the role kristen is so boring lol

@FityShadesFans