Howard Stern Almost Quits 'America's Got Talent' After 7-Year-Old Boy Cries

Tue, May 22, 2012 10:59am EDT by 8 Comments

Watch last night’s big emotional moment & vote: Should Mir Money have stayed in the competition?

The rumors are true: Howard Stern really is just a big softie. The shock jock-turned-judge showed his true colors on the May 21 episode of America’s Got Talent, when a 7-year-old boy nearly caused him to quit the hit NBC show. As Howard began to explain why he was reluctantly giving Mir Money an “X,” the tiny rapper started crying — and Howard began questioning his life choices.

“You’re a terrific young man,” Howard told the boy as he joined him on stage and gave him a hug. (Meanwhile, Howard’s fellow judges, Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne, had no problem giving Mir the “X.”)

Though Mir was eventually carried off by host Nick Cannon, Howard remained shaken after the experience.

“This job is too rough for me,” he said. “I don’t really want to do it anymore. I’m not cut out for this.”

Whether the whole thing was just a ratings stunt or not, it was nice to see Howard presented in a positive light. Fans of the radio host have always known he’s not the ‘monster’ so many people assume him to be, and hopefully the remainder of his stint on America’s Got Talent will continue to clear his good name.

Watch the heartbreaking ordeal below, then vote: Do you think Mir should have voted off?

— Andy Swift

More America’s Got Talent:

1. ‘America’s Got Talent’: The ‘Grandfather Of Rap’ Sweeps NYC
  2. ‘America’s Got Talent’ Recap: Granny G & Turf Steal The Show
  3. ‘America’s Got Talent’ Premiere: Shanice & Maurice Have ‘First Huge Moment’

Convert HTML site to Wordpress

Posted at 10:23 AM on June 3, 2012

Excellent weblog here! Additionally your site rather a lot up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink for your host? I want my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Wtf???? Is are the real deal?

Posted at 7:00 AM on June 3, 2012

It is the best time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I may I wish to suggest you few fascinating things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article. I want to read even more issues about it!

live sex hotel

Posted at 3:57 PM on May 24, 2012

Fantastic post, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid other users like its helped me. Great job.

Cjm

Posted at 2:53 AM on May 23, 2012

Shame on you Howard! Though Mir money was not the best rapper in the world at least let the kid finish the song. Sharon surprised me too. Yeah this may not be the best venue for kids but at least adults have the brain maturity to handle a buzz. Yet you all put through the old man rapper……..but hey whatch ya gonna do?

Ms Bates

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 22, 2012

That child should never have been through to Live before judges. The show was bad. Last week they put through a little girl who sang the states with her father who was not good, but cute points sent her to Vegas. She has no hope of winning or learning to sing more sings. Howard Stern was right. I quit. I will never turn it on again. The ball busting act was the limit!

Dave Elvow

Posted at 4:01 PM on May 22, 2012

In all fairness to Howard, the kid’s performance was marginal at best. Yet Nick who is NOT a judge, was egging him on as if to somehow promote how GREAT the kid was doing “just because he was doing rap” or perhaps just because the kid is black! It was silly and I thought Nick needs to keep out of these situations, it just made Howard look bad, but…..Howard was right!!!

gbtw

Posted at 12:51 PM on May 22, 2012

i agree. besides not being the platform for a child’s career, i don’t think it’s appropriate to have children put in this position to be judged so blatantly. let them be kid’s for f’ sake. i don’t know… desperate parents, i guess.

rosemarino

Posted at 11:18 AM on May 22, 2012

Kids will never make it to the end..theys houldn’t’t even audtion because Vegas Show are not place for a future child star to start his/her career. So in order to save the emotions we saw last night..elininate kids performning. What will this kid do if he really went to Vegas and no one came to see him…