Georgia College Student With Flesh-Eating Disease Loses Hands But Improving

Tue, May 22, 2012 5:24pm EDT by 5 Comments
Aimee Copeland Flesh Eating Bacteria

Aimee Copeland, the woman hospitalized with a flesh-eating disease, is now able to breathe on her own! Great news.

When Aimee Copeland went zip-lining with her friends in Carrollton, Ga., she never thought she’d end up fighting for her life due to a flesh-eating bacteria. The 24-year-old old blonde has already lost her leg and both her hands due to the disease, and until recently, she’d been breathing with the aid of a ventilator.

Fortunately, Amy turned a corner and is now focused on breathing on her own, which will help her lungs recover, her father Andy Copeland told The Associated Press on May 21. Even though her hands needed to be amputated last week because they had turned into purple “poison bags,” Andy says Aimee has maintained her positive outlook and even joked about braiding her own hair.

“She’s cracking jokes, speaking frankly, displaying her usual early morning grumpiness and she has been off of the ventilator for over 10 hours,” Andy wrote on his blog May 20.

With her family and friends gathered by her bedside, Aimee mouthed the words “the power of love is undeniable.”

We truly hope this brave young lady makes a speedy recovery.

Jennifer Kamm

More Aimee Copeland News

1. Georgia College Student Contracts A Rare Flesh Eating Disease
  2. Flesh-Eating Disease Patient Aimee Copeland In Critical Condition
  3. Aimee Copeland’s Father Cites ‘Miracle’ Recovery As She Fights Off Flesh-Eating Infection

search engine marketing service

Posted at 9:01 AM on July 4, 2012

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i got here to return the desire?.I am attempting to in finding issues to improve my website!I suppose its good enough to make use of some of your concepts!!

jaxier del fuego

Posted at 7:47 AM on May 27, 2012

Aimee I know things seem impossible right now, the darkness insurmountable, but the sun will rise. You will carry on and have a wonderful life. You are beautiful and that will never change.

LAURENSIGGIO

Posted at 3:24 AM on May 27, 2012

I WISH AIMEE NOTHING BUT THE BEST AND GOD BLESS HER AND SHOW AIMEE HER PURPOSE AND ALL THE LOVE U WILL POUR UPON HER SHE IS VERY LUCKY TO BE WITH US AND TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT DAD AND SUPPORT SYSTEM I CHECK ON U DAILY AND I PRAY U RECOVER FAST AND U STAY POSITIVE CAUSE SO FAR U ARE A VERY STRONG BEAUTIFUL LOVING PERSON AND I WISH U THE BEST AND I PRAY U FULFILL EVERY THING YOU EVER DREAMED OF PLUS MORE LOVE, GIRL FROM NEW ORLEANS

Debra Ford

Posted at 10:40 PM on May 24, 2012

My heart and prayers are with you, I lost my left arm above the elbow by a girl texting , on I-16, you can do it and your in my thoughts everyday day. Not a day goes by I check on your update, I’m in Ga., around Macon area

Connie

Posted at 9:02 PM on May 24, 2012

God Please help this poor woman.