Arsenio Hall Getting New Talk Show — Fox & TBS Are Interested

Mon, May 21, 2012 6:14pm EDT by 12 Comments
Arsenio Hall Show Return

Call it a comeback! Arsenio’s dreams of returning to late-night TV are already coming to fruition.

Well, that didn’t take long! Less than 24 hours after Arsenio Hall was crowned this season’s Celebrity Apprentice, HollywoodLife.com has learned exclusively that both Fox and TBS are interested in bringing the former talk-show host back to late night television.

Our source explains that Fox is considering a weekly format for Arsenio — his show would likely air Saturday nights against Saturday Night Live on NBC — while TBS is floating the idea of pairing Arsenio’s show with Conan O’Brien‘s on weeknights. There’s even been talks about a show that could air in the morning, then replay at night.

But much like Rome, Arsenio’s comeback won’t be built overnight. Regardless of which network he decides to use as his late-night vehicle, the earliest a new show would debut is the fall.

— Written by Andy Swift, reporting by Russ Weakland

More Arsenio Hall, Celebrity Apprentice Winner 2012:

1. ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Got It Wrong — Clay Aiken Should Have Won
  2. ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Live Season Finale: Was Arsenio Or Clay Hired?
  3. ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: The Final Two Contestants Revealed

Easter Cupcake Ideas

Posted at 1:41 PM on July 11, 2012

I appreciate, cause I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

10a fuse

Posted at 2:20 AM on June 1, 2012

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I may just I desire to recommend you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

Mezzos

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 22, 2012

Not a late night show Arsenio. I think he should do a show like, “The View” or “The Talk” called something like “The Dudes.” Maybe he, Clay, Donald Jr., etc. Lol could get together & just be themselves & chat & have guests. I’d watch that! Ijs……

David

Posted at 11:21 PM on May 22, 2012

Jean

Posted at 7:46 PM on May 22, 2012

Another thing: to Justin: 90 percent of Clay’s fans did NOT abandon him. If he is beating out Arsenio in every other single poll-how could his fans have abandoned him??? The majority do NOT care about Clay’s sexual orientation. Most are embracing his honesty and his work with Gay/Lesbian causes. Apparently YOU do care and are most likely a bigot. I do agree with you that Clay was ‘robbed’ (once again)! The Donald decided who he was going to hire before the first taped episode was aired. The whole season was a FRAUD. This is going to blow-up in Arsenio’s face. His show will not do very well. He will then have more time to ‘devote to Magic’s cause for the rest of my (his) life.’

Jean

Posted at 7:41 PM on May 22, 2012

Boy–seems like this poll has taken a big turn from all the others. Clay is waaaaaaay ahead of Arsenio big-time in the others (one had him at almost 70 percent to Arsenio’s almost 30!!). I wonder just who is voting on this site????

justin

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 22, 2012

He just got handed a CA title, and he did NOT deserve it. Clay Aiken was robbed big time, and all the other players agree. Aubrey won Arsenio’s tasks for him. Arsenio brought in no money at all until the last night. Even then it was nearly half of Clay’s take.
It was all about a talk show, and Clay’s was all about his charity.
Trump made a very poor decision, based on NOTHING but his own business interests and his love of celebrities.
Arsenio can be funny at times, but his letting Lisa roast Clay is such a nasty way on the finals night did it for me. I would NEVER watch his show again, or Trump’s.
As for the poll above, don’t kid yourselves. Those voting for Arsenio are 90% former Clay fans, still miffed that he came out. They do this on every poll possible, and brag about it.

chapsuey

Posted at 10:40 AM on May 22, 2012

Arsenio’s style of hosting is not my style, not fond of it. I couldn’t believe he waited 18 years to do a comeback. Oh well… good luck to him that’s all I can say.

PatG

Posted at 4:47 AM on May 22, 2012

Shelly, what changed is that he had Louis Farrakahn the show as a guest. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, instead of having him on for one or two segments, he had him on the entire show. Also, Arsenio got a really big head once the show became a hit. But having said all that, the show was great and he was a very good host. So I hope he gets another late night show. And I hope it’s on one of the big 4 networks. And to NBC, PLEASE don’t ask Jay Leno to step down to make room for Arsenio! We can’t go through that AGAIN! Haha.

Skae

Posted at 7:29 PM on May 21, 2012

If Arsenio is so appealing why could an agent not have gotten a talk show for him, rather than going under the guise of raising money for the Magic Johnson Foundation. No doubt his fundraising was sincere, but it was not his prime reason for going on Celeb Apprentice. Odds are 100000000 to 1 that Trump will have his hands in the show somehow because AH was clearly not the winner of Apprentice.

Shelly

Posted at 7:26 PM on May 21, 2012

I use to watch his talk show back in the 90’s and in the beginning it was good and funny but something changed him and his attitude began to get funky. The show started to go downhill and eventually canceled. I might watch him this time to see if he’s mellowed with age.

shad

Posted at 6:21 PM on May 21, 2012

i’ll watch it…good luck arsenio