'Celebrity Apprentice' Live Season Finale: Was Arsenio Or Clay Hired?

Sun, May 20, 2012 11:59pm EST by 77 Comments
Celebrity Apprentice Winner 2012

Clay Aiken Vs. Arsenio Hall! Do you think the right celebrity was hired?

A season of boardroom battles and charitable cat fights came down to The Celebrity Apprentice‘s live finale May 20, and even though the final two contestants couldn’t have been any more vanilla — it was beloved good-guy Arsenio Hall against beloved good-guy Clay Aiken — I was still biting my nails until Donald Trump finally announced his decision to hire…

Arsenio!

Arsenio Hall Won Celebrity Apprentice 2012 — Did The Donald Hire The Wrong Guy?

That’s right, the forever-in-second-place comedian finally came in first — and to be honest, I was pretty surprised! Not only did Clay’s team earn more money ($301,500) than Arsenio’s ($167,000), but most of the returning contestants polled predicted his victory without hesitation.

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: ‘Arsenio Hall Show’ Take 2 — Big Networks Want To Bring Arsenio Back To Late Night TV

But before we head to the comments section and debate whether or not the right celebrity won, can we all just agree that Clay and Arsenio’s duet of “Lean On Me” was a beautiful moment of television? Really, we’re all winners.

— Andy Swift

More Celebrity Apprentice:

1. Exclusive: Dayana Mendoza Tells Me Getting Fired Was ‘A Relief’
  2. Exclusive: Lisa Lampanelli Reveals the Moments She Felt ‘Vindicated’
  3. Recap: Penn Jillette & Dayana Gang Up Against Clay Aiken

search engine optimisation

Posted at 7:58 AM on June 11, 2012

of course like your web site however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the truth on the other hand I will certainly come back again.

Pat

Posted at 10:21 PM on May 28, 2012

Clay should have won this, hands down. I think the Trumpster was paid off to keep Arsenio and make him the winner. There is talk of giving Arsenio a late night talk show..wouldn’t this increase his popularity? HM..money does buy anything…lost respect for the show this season.

Kristen

Posted at 1:33 PM on May 24, 2012

Why wouldn’t Clay use the classic “Piers” argument?? He raised more money that Arsenio, so it made absolutely NO SENSE to pick Arsenio…

David

Posted at 11:35 PM on May 22, 2012

Since multiple votes are allowed in the poll at this site, the results mean nothing, regardless who they favor. Yesterday it was 70% for Clay and 30% for Arsenio. Now Arsenio is ahead because of massive multiple votes for Arsenio. Two Websites (and the poll results) are given below for the two meaningful polls that only allow a single vote

Clay: 62%
Arsenio: 25%
No preference: 13%
(2924 votes)

It is clear that Clay should have won Celebrity Apprentice, at least in the minds of the majority of viewers.

Clay 64%
Asenio 31%
Neither 5%
(number of votes unspecified)

Nancy

Posted at 11:29 PM on May 22, 2012

Clay should have won!!!! If a woman is fired for cursing @ another person, and gets fired, then Arsenio should have been fired for the same thing!
Will never watch the show again!!!!!

edythe

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 22, 2012

pompous, self-serving choice on the part of Trump. Clay was the obvious choice…I knew Trump was pompous with all his nonsense on the birth issue with regard to Obama but did not think he was THAT self-serving

jayee

Posted at 12:15 AM on May 22, 2012

I agree 100 percent

tee

Posted at 12:12 AM on May 22, 2012

Talk about vulgar .Arsenio was extremely vulgar and a big cry baby .I am not a clay fan but he definitely should of won over arsenio.And Dayana was just a pretty face And Lou was whiner who did nothing.Lisa should of cleaned up of vocabulary but she spoke the truth and was creative .Obrey was pushy and needed praise but was creativive and Dee Synder should of never been fired and penn had a great mind also .Dayana and Lou should ofbeen on a team by themselves and you would still be waiting for andi dea

tee

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 22, 2012

No arsenio did not win hands down.He was not the force in all his wins .Trump picked him which I said to my friend he was when Dee Synder was fired and not Arsenio before we were even at the end like with Joan Rivers.trump wants the publicity of Arsenios need show to help his ratings andMagic Jonson.I sorry I dvr the show thisyear next season I am blocking it so I dont get interested in whose on.Trumph is a windbag who I use to at least respect but i have none for him

Fran

Posted at 11:49 PM on May 21, 2012

I agree and I will stick to my guns and no matter what celebrity he has on I will not watch.

fran

Posted at 11:45 PM on May 21, 2012

She did it because Lay helped get a donation of 100 thousand for her charity.She donated 10thousandof her own because she liked his charity and knew that money was not going to change the outcome of who was the winner.

fran

Posted at 11:41 PM on May 21, 2012

Yes I agree joan rivers should not have won and arsenio hall should not been the winner.Trumph knows in advance who he wants before the competition is even started .After the Joan Rivers farce I wasnt going to watch again butwith Dee synder and a few other good celebrities I was interested.Its anot afair but donald only thinks of who can get him in with someone . Trumph is a phoney too

joan

Posted at 10:04 PM on May 21, 2012

—–《blackwhiteplanet,C~om 》——- that’s all serious dating. Millions of members with good economic condition and high quality. Someone suitable is here waiting for u. with other single black, white girls and men in your city.. It is my favorite club for mixed love…

Dense

Posted at 8:33 PM on May 21, 2012

Lost all repect for Donald Trump with this one. His pick this year makes no sense to anyone and I have to wonder what the real reason is behind his choice. Clay Aiken must be livid, but the classy guy that he is, he will no doubt keep his real feelings to himself. He was robbed….again….

Lacy

Posted at 7:06 PM on May 21, 2012

It wasn’t clear to me why Lisa in Team Arsenio would raise funds for Team Clay. How do you help your competitor to win against your team? Never seen it or heard of it before. I may be wrong.

JC

Posted at 4:38 PM on May 21, 2012

Stop the hate!! Arsenio did an excellent job and certainly he won hands down with their videos. Get over it, Donald Trump hired who he wanted to, remember it is his show and you don’t get a chance to vote!!!!

Sheila

Posted at 3:09 PM on May 21, 2012

Clearly Clay was not that intelligent. He embraced a vulgar bully, which was his downfall.

Singers always have an entertaining advantage. For a level playing field, Mr. Trump perhaps should have a season of only singers.

Top managers & executives don’t outwork everyone. They know how to manage people to get the best work out of them.

Clay’s reasons on why he should win was nowhere near as strong, or executive, as Arsenio’s. Yes, you massage the person/company you are trying to win over. If you don’t, you’re not successful. Additionally Arsenio’s comments were sincere and from the heart. I’m sure Mr. Trump well knows how to see though insincere kissing-up.

Did anyone finding fault with Arsenio praises to Trump, also find fault with Aubrey throwing herself at the lecherous “Mr. CHI?” (did she not say “call me”?)

shdixie5

Posted at 3:03 PM on May 21, 2012

Clay should have won Celebrity Apprentice HANDS DOWN! He was the strongest player ALL SEASON & for the final task. I smell a rat!! Look for a business deal between Donald Trump and Magic Johnson in the near future. I’m just saying! Why else would The Don pick the guy who CLEARLY should not have won?

Lucky Tiger

Posted at 2:51 PM on May 21, 2012

Joan Rivers won over Annie Duke, and now Arsenio–affiliated with Magic Johnson–won over Clay Aiken. These are such rip-offs that the reasoning behind them is just toooo obvious. Joan Rivers could help Donald Trump achieve his own ends with her many celebrity contacts, and Arsenio “I have no power at all” Hall has a very powerful friend in Magic Johnson. To Trump it isn’t important what’s right or fair, but what will help Donald Trump the most. Helllooooo…get it?

1@1.com

Posted at 2:40 PM on May 21, 2012

I guess Trump has white men and a woman as winners in the past. So, this time it is for a minority to win.

1@1.com

Posted at 2:36 PM on May 21, 2012

Yes, Trump really did not listen to his heart and his instinct as a seasoned business man this time around. Clay was surely the best of the 2 people to win. The majority of the contestants who have worked with both Clay and Arsenio voted for Clay. Clay has the most fun presentation that flowed seamlessly from song to song along with raising the most money. Trump decision proves that board room decisions are not made based on merits.

Karen

Posted at 2:29 PM on May 21, 2012

Arsenio must be getting his new talk show on CBS and Trump is trying to boost ratings for him. Trump lost credibility with his pick. Every other year it’s been all about money raised, bottom line. Trump couldn’t even give a reason why he chose Arsenio because there wasn’t anything objective to support the choice. One less viewed here for next year.

jes

Posted at 2:13 PM on May 21, 2012

1st and last time I will watch Celebrity Apprentice. Couldn’t believe how the clear winner was not chosen. Clay was tough but clear and handled himself well. He raised the most money without having to name drop all the time and his ad was professional and clearly made its’ point. Also, the entertainment was great. Arsenio although I am sure is a nice guy, had to rely on his charity’s namesake and then had a raunchy disrespectful stage presentation and sum ‘sucking up’. The name of the game was a quality well done successful presentation and to raise $, both of which Clay’s team did admirably. I am not sure what Mr. Trump was listening to or looking at…

Dee

Posted at 12:58 PM on May 21, 2012

Re:Dayana–she was the most passive-aggressive player I have ever seen.. I feel she deliberately goaded most of the contestants to put herself in the “poor misunderstood me” category–and the Donald fell for it each and every time!

Pinneaple

Posted at 12:57 PM on May 21, 2012

Clearly Clay should have won. He seems more intelligent, creative, talented and spontaneous. Arsenio delegated everything to his crew and never questioned the validity on anything and does not appear to be as talented as Clay. The Donald favored Arsenio for no apparent reason unless he needs someone to bow down to him constantly. I thoroughly enjoyed the music that Clay’s team performed.