Will Smith Violently Hits Reporter In Ukraine — Watch The Video

Fri, May 18, 2012 4:14pm EDT by 26 Comments
Will Smith Slaps Reporter

Oh no! Will gets physical with a reporter on the red carpet. Read on for ALL the details.

Note to self: never try and kiss Will Smith on the red carpet.

Unless you want to get pushed and slapped in the face like  this Ukrainian reporter.

Will, 43, turned violent after a reporter gave him a kiss on the cheek — the proper way to greet someone in Europe. While it didn’t leave the reporter with any noticeable marks or bruises, it did seem incredibly uncalled for and disrespectful.

Some are wondering why Will didn’t use his noisy cricket? What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Was Will totally out-of-line for hitting the reporter? Watch the video and vote below.

– Nicole Karlis

More Will and Jada news:

Jada Pinkett Smith’s Shocking Will Smith Divorce Confession

Will & Jada Pinkett Smith Fend Off Divorce Rumors At KCAs

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith — Did Another Man Split Them Up?

iheartjb

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 22, 2013

dont judge innit fam!!!

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 4:32 PM on February 13, 2013

I think the reporter was out of line to expect that some one should know his customs. I think when you are visiting North America that people should realize that it’s not a custom to think they can just come up and grab some one and kiss them like that. When you go to visit another country then the customs there will be different then that of your own. Maybe those of you who are against Will Smith should also think in terms of his own personal space as well too.

I certainly wouldn’t want some one jumping all over me personally if they were some one I didn’t know either even if I am not a holly-wood star. I don’t care what country a person is from when you come to my country then show some respect to the customs that are in my country thank you! I once knew of a person from a European country and that wasn’t his custom. He even told me that it’s not proper for strangers to kiss a baby on the mouth. Considering you don’t know where that person’s mouth has been then he is using his scruples.

People need to learn what boundaries are when it comes to other people. If Will pushed him away then what that is saying is back off man I don’t like that. People have different comfort zones and what is comfortable to you may not be comfortable with some one else. Not every one is the same way and if you are going to judge him then consider this…would you want some one who is a total stranger coming up to you and forcing a kiss on you? Consider that before you judge some one else!

SAUMU WANGECHI

Posted at 1:47 PM on December 30, 2012

Wot God has join 2gether let no man put athurder. This is the work of the devil & u people r hapy abt acouple geting divorce, wot if it was ur family? Think abt Will’s kids is nt only abt Will & Jada who r affected. Jada stay strng in ur mariage ur r the foundation of ur home & Will ur the roof of ur home protect ur family. PEOPLE U NEED 2 STOP BREAKING OTHER PEOPLE MARIAGE JST KNW WOT GOES AROUNG COMES BACK AROUND!

EMMA

Posted at 11:24 PM on July 29, 2012

NO HE WAS WELL IN HIS PLACE TO SLAP THE HELL OUT OF HIM BUT HE GAVE HIM A LITTLE SLAP……..

Mo

Posted at 8:54 PM on June 22, 2012

The man obviously kisses him and will gets suprise and gives him a little slap that was nothing. Do not make a big fuss about it, this was hilarious but people this was not offensiv or anything. The one who is wrong is the ukranian guy, i live in Denmark(it is in Europe) and if a man ever kissed me on the mouth i would get pissed that is wrong.

Find Male Escorts Here

Posted at 6:35 PM on June 4, 2012

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Duh

Posted at 8:22 PM on May 23, 2012

Did anyone mention that Russia is not a part of Europe? Right. That’s hardly a punch. What Bjork did to HER reporter was a punch. This is retarded.

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 5:10 PM on February 13, 2013

I agree with you that was hardly a punch and it was more he was saying back off man and keep your hands to your self. Will even verbalized he didn’t like it so the truth is there!

Swede

Posted at 11:23 AM on May 23, 2012

Im from Sweden and here we don’t kiss each other on the cheek when we meet.
Europe consists of 50 countries, all with their own and unique culture.

Get your facts straight north americans.

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 13, 2013

Well that’s good to know so you are from Sweden and I’m from North America. I haven’t met one person so far who is European who has ever greeted me like that stranger or not! Even if they did I would tell them to back off! Maybe that interviewer did that to get some media attention so that people out here would be talking trash about Will Smith. I don’t believe every thing I read just because the media circus likes to make it more of something when it probably isn’t.

It should be obvious to most people that this was a media stunt pulled off by that reporter to get a story. It’s like “Breaking News” Will Smith slaps a reporter. Oh really and why would he do a thing like that? It’s more like the kiss of betrayal by lying by a media person and saying oh poor me I kissed a star but he didn’t like it! These paparazzi people or even stalkers seem to push their limits on stars and quite frankly I think some of them need to be restrained or held back from people.

Tina

Posted at 10:30 PM on May 21, 2012

LOL this is wrong and funny at the same time. The reporter, if thats his proffesion should no better, doesnt matter if thats how they greet eachother where he’s from. He really is luck Will didnt reacted more violently. When a person tries to kiss another person without there permission… well we all know what thats called.

Moss

Posted at 2:36 PM on May 20, 2012

Nicole Karlis, you my dear are a moron. You a merely a pathetic hack

Emma

Posted at 12:36 PM on May 19, 2012

I live in England, which is in Europe we don’t kiss each other on the cheek. It is only certain parts of Europe that kiss each other on the cheek not all of Europe.

Marianna

Posted at 12:01 PM on July 7, 2012

In Greece we do kiss each other on the cheek too but Will seemed fine with that. He said that the reporter tried to kiss him on the mouth and that’s when he got upset! If that was the case I would have slapped him too!

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 13, 2013

You never know where that person’s mouth has been just plain yuk!

Effy

Posted at 12:00 PM on May 19, 2012

Violent? If Will were a woman everybody would be going crazy. I would of given him a good smack in the face if he did that to me. Plus, Will is a married man with children, that is just so disrespectful.

Christel Platt

Posted at 10:17 AM on May 19, 2012

OMG, I would have knocked him out no doubt if he would have done that do me, Will did NOT over react, he tried pushing him away and he still tried, my gosh what a weirdo!

Cupcake

Posted at 6:29 AM on May 19, 2012

here,in Europe we kiss on the cheecks only our relatives/friends or people we haven’t seen in a while,so that reporter really pushed the limit.Will Smith didn’t react verry well,but somehow i understand him,he isn’t used to this kind of behaviour.

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 5:06 PM on February 13, 2013

How would you have reacted had you been in his place? Do you think you would have reacted better? Consider this if you were a well known person and people were crawling all over you to get a piece of you.

Emma

Posted at 5:56 AM on May 19, 2012

Will was laughing so maybe it was all one big joke. Since the reporter seemed to laugh to.

TruthBeKnown

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 13, 2013

He probably laughed it off because it wasn’t expected and sometimes it can be nerves that causes a person to laugh when they are feeling uncomfortable. I think if they changed the title to “reporter gets smoothie bear on Will Smith” then I have to wonder if any one would have read the article? Too cute to call it that. If the media hypes it up to make it sound just the opposite then ever one will read the article right?

debbie

Posted at 6:52 PM on May 18, 2012

This was hardly violent…He deserved it. If any one kissed me on the lips I would smack them too..

FTCL13

Posted at 6:24 PM on May 18, 2012

The reporter went to far kissing on him he’s lucky it was a light backhand and not a punch !!

Shelly

Posted at 5:58 PM on May 18, 2012

Dude shouldn’t have been trying to smooch on Will. LOL.

yari

Posted at 5:10 PM on May 18, 2012

he shouldn’t of hit him but the guy shouldn’t of tried to kiss him. TMZ video is better to watch

Renee

Posted at 4:36 PM on May 18, 2012

Hardly violent. Hie was disrespectful.