Miley Cyrus Makes Dying Girl's Dream Come True With Call & Pic

Fri, May 18, 2012 1:29pm EST by 19 Comments
Miley Cyrus Dying Girl

A fatally ill 7-year-old girl dreamed of meeting Miley. And before she passed away, her dream came true: a moved Miley sent her love through a phone call and a picture.

Though a lot of attention has been paid to Miley Cyrusquestionable outfits and startling weight loss, the former Disney star played the part of an angel when she made little Molly Dunne‘s dream come true a few hours before she succumbed to Pulmonary Hypertension and HHT, a genetic condition that caused malformations in her blood vessels.

Molly was in kindergarten when she was diagnosed and died the morning of May 17. One of her dreams was to meet Miley.

According to MileyOnline.com, Molly’s friends had met Miley, so Miley sent Molly a note and even called.

Molly’s friend recounted the touching story in the article: “I’m so impressed that Miley took the time to call Molly not once, but twice, and has asked for Molly’s picture to keep with her. Sometimes people really surprise me. It’s nice.”

The friend continued: “Miley was going to fly to Wilmington to see Molly on Friday. I find that amazing. Last night before Molly passed away, Miley called, didn’t get through, checked to make sure she had the right number and called again.”

Molly’s grandmother, Courtney Porstman, said that Molly understood who it was on the phone, smiling and nodding yes.

Molly passed away surrounded by her family.

– Lorraine Chow

More Miley news:

1. Get Miley Cyrus’s Pretty Blue Nails
  2. One Direction: Liam Payne Reveals His Crush On Miley Cyrus
  3. Miley Cyrus: Nick Jonas Was My Biggest Heartbreak — Watch

amati andrew

Posted at 6:41 AM on May 23, 2012

i love your boobs very much so that when i ask you to give them to me they you will breast feed

tessa

Posted at 5:00 PM on May 20, 2012

these are the kinds of stories you should be posting. all of us need to focus on the good things people do, not the questionable ones. there’s too much hate and misfortune in the world and things like this just show that we all are capable of changing someone’s life.

good job hollywoodlife.

shannon

Posted at 1:29 PM on May 20, 2012

this has restored my faith in miley :)

Jackson

Posted at 9:13 AM on May 20, 2012

Thanks for any other informative site. The place else may I get that kind of information written in such an ideal approach? I’ve a project that I’m simply now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

John

Posted at 6:24 AM on May 20, 2012

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

mattla

Posted at 5:20 AM on May 20, 2012

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

tin2x

Posted at 2:43 AM on May 20, 2012

so sweet! love u miles

Anonymous

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 19, 2012

On Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth & Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift & Chris Hemsworth & Demi Lovato & Nick Jonas & Friends For Change

Liam Hey listen did you see what i did to your girlfriend last week on MTV if shes going to be mad me tell her this I had no choice I had to shut down your girlfriend I figure I saw what did she did to you dude well they have to spearte her so they took her to the another room to they tryed to calm her down she’s should’ve known better than to do that to another man’s wife what I did to your girlfriend Liam well I know its works to do that prank on you well I went for the kill so I had somebody to talk your girlfriend was down on her knees Liam your her boyfriend you need to tell say to her because I’ve been waiting to get my call you girls the three stooges. LIam you can guess what i called her Moe. Because I knew she was outta contorl Chris I know what your thinking right now Miley Should’ve known better than she was

Meagan Caton

Posted at 8:33 AM on May 19, 2012

I am a friend on Molly’s mom and have been following her story since before it all happened. Molly was such a sweet and inspirational little girl. Her mom is one of the strongest women I know. She kept everyone up to date on Molly’s condition through a CaringBridge page and of course we could speak with her through her facebook page.

This is truly a wonderful thing Miley did. So glad she was able to speak to Molly and that Molly knew who she was talking to.

We love you Molls.

Teagan

Posted at 7:20 AM on May 19, 2012

Good on ya Miley we love you I’m proud of you

Leah

Posted at 11:48 PM on May 18, 2012

God bless you Miley! RIP Molly =’) <3

shayexoxox

Posted at 9:39 PM on May 18, 2012

i know that guurl i have Pulmonary Hypertension it sucks sad she died

thecat61

Posted at 6:59 PM on May 18, 2012

God bless you Miley! RIP Molly.

esmeralda

Posted at 6:25 PM on May 18, 2012

wow this made me cry

christina

Posted at 4:34 PM on May 18, 2012

But thanks for posting a postive article about Miley, and so far no hate comments :)

christina

Posted at 4:32 PM on May 18, 2012

Miley is such a beautiful person inside, and out. People need to quit focusing on her imperfections, and start focusing on how many good things she does. Everybody has imperfections, so let’s leave Miley alone, and appreciate her for the good she brings.

lexi

Posted at 3:40 PM on May 18, 2012

you guys vote for miley at the teen choice awards she has 3 nominations

Tiffany

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 18, 2012

Molly touched many lives. It was so unfair that she lost her battle with PH and HHT was to early. PH is such a horrible disease. I am so touched the Miley called this sweet little girl. I have 3 children that suffer from PH as well. Please research Pulmonary Hypertension and lets save some lives.

Flychick86

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 18, 2012

Aww. Maybe a LIL jealous, but not really. Just sayin.