'Grey's Anatomy' Killed Off The Wrong Character — Fans Are Furious

Fri, May 18, 2012 5:10pm EDT by 246 Comments
Grey's Anatomy Season Finale

Brooke

Posted at 5:54 AM on November 22, 2012

Yes they should have killed them both of buy Sloan loved lexie and wouldn’t want to live without her to they would be in heaven together. It’s just more space for new people.

Eline

Posted at 11:00 AM on October 7, 2012

Btw, this is even worse than One Tree Hill. You should have just sent Lexie to another hospital, so that we could live with the hope that she’d one day come back to Seattle Grace. And… seriously… why Mark?! Stupid…. just STUPID.

Eline

Posted at 10:58 AM on October 7, 2012

I will allow them to remake episode 24 of season 8, and start over with season 9. Please get Lexie and Mark back! They MADE the show! And NEVER dare to kill Jackson off!

Rhea

Posted at 12:05 AM on October 6, 2012

Definitely can’t bare to watch without Lexie. I’m done.

Sheka

Posted at 3:44 PM on September 30, 2012

I am so done watching this show. They killed off two out of three of my favorite characters. The only one that’s left is jackson and they are pairing him with april yuck. Shonda you have lost a fan forever. I couldn’t even watch scandal and I’m not watching private practice.

Kiersten

Posted at 11:15 PM on October 5, 2012

Well, I can say that with Lexie, she made the decision on her own. She no longer wanted to be on Grey’s Anatomy. As for Slone I guess they just thought it was time. I am NOT happy that they are both gone, they were my favorite.

Lizzy

Posted at 12:49 AM on September 28, 2012

I am officially done watching Grey’s Anatomy. The season premiere was such a disappointment, not only did they kill Lexie last season but they had to up and kill off Mark as well.

Sue

Posted at 9:17 AM on September 28, 2012

I agree…this is crazy . This show is starting to implode just randomly killing off major characters. Some poor decision making here…shame shame…

TRUTHSAYERS

Posted at 12:27 AM on September 28, 2012

THEY KILLED MARK AND LEXIE BECAUSE THEIR LOVE AND STORY LINE WAS THEEEE BESSST. THE ONE WITH REAL CHEMISTRY AND THEY WERE OUTSHINING THE “STARS” OF THE SHOW. I BET MY LIFE; THAT IS WHY.

christina

Posted at 12:14 AM on September 28, 2012

I agree too many deaths. It’s like the show is over and the season just began. Killing Mark what were they thinking. Where does the store line go from here. Not sure how much longer I will be watching. Very unhappy.then to just jump into the season nit picking up at the scene, very confusing. No mention of Lexie’s death. Then next week jumping back to what should of been played tonight.

Sue

Posted at 9:18 AM on September 28, 2012

totally agree with this…was so confused last night…..

Charlie

Posted at 11:47 AM on September 28, 2012

I totally agree, I saw the preview for next weeks episode and was so confused…I thought that should have been the season opener, instead of Mark’s death :'( Too much death, people liked Lexie and Mark more than Derek and Mer (I know I did!), that’s what i’m thinking so they had to end that since it’s Mer’s show…not fair at all though.

jay

Posted at 11:53 PM on September 27, 2012

I totally agree! I despised Heigel’s character and her acting. I always feared that she would mysteriously show up at Seattle Grace again and it seems like that may be happening.

Edna

Posted at 11:04 PM on September 27, 2012

Now they killed off Sloan . Too many deaths , too many tragedys happening to a group of doctors, can’t you be a little more creative and stop killing off the best characters?

Reality check

Posted at 4:22 PM on September 27, 2012

While I love lexie and thought that she should have been the future of the show after merideth leaves (which she will eventually do) I find it ridiculous for people to say they have stopped watching the show because of this. First of all that is a stupid statement since there hasn’t been any new episodes to not watch and second how many times do people say oh I’ll never watch that show again but then once it comes back on they are sitting in front of thier tv just like everyone else. I bet all of you who are saying you won’t watch now that lexie is gone said the exactly the same thing when George died but you went back anyways. I do hate that they killed lexie off especially since Mark is leaving anyways. They could have easily just let them both move to new York to start a life together where mark originally came from. And chyler didn’t leave to be with her kids she got the lead in a broadway play. I love greys and will continue watching but I am only expecting another 2 seasons and then because they don’t have lexie to be the new grey the show will end in its 10th season. Unfortunate but hey it’s a tv show so it can’t last forever.

Posted at 7:42 PM on January 12, 2013

Think about it: When people say they’re going to stop watching the show because of two characters being killed out of the show, it means that those two characters were a BIG reason they continued to watch the show in the first place.

Chris

Posted at 10:41 PM on September 23, 2012

Just call it what it is. Shonda’s jumped the shark

Lynette

Posted at 3:27 PM on September 22, 2012

Give me a break people. The actress wanted to leave the show so how the heck would Lexie and Mark have a future anyway? Too bad. So sad.

steven

Posted at 11:40 AM on September 27, 2012

yes your right she wanted 2 leave but y death. y did she have to die!!!!!

Lily

Posted at 1:08 AM on September 22, 2012

I am furious that Lexie was killed off. It has actually caused me to stop watching the show. I’ve spent alot of time watching and loving this series..
I hope they lose a lot of viewers over this.

Cam

Posted at 2:03 PM on September 8, 2012

It’s just a televison show people.

Sue

Posted at 9:21 AM on September 28, 2012

Yes, you are correct but for fans of the show…the people who give the show its ratings….if we would like to complain…just let us…thank you.

Christiann

Posted at 6:39 PM on August 25, 2012

I loved lexis’s character. I feel it was a big mistake killing her. How can Lexis died and when she was just getting to know her sister, that is just wrong. And I feel Lexis’s should be brought back to live. I am difinatly going to miss lexis’s. Also, I want Lexis and mark to get back together, but that is not going to happen. It is a big deception and sad. So MAD.

Celeste

Posted at 10:08 PM on August 20, 2012

Loved lexie!

Michelle

Posted at 11:17 PM on August 12, 2012

As far as I’m concerned… Greys Anatomy ends here… I’m over it. I LOVED LEXI!! She was the ONLY reason I watched it!!! They didn’t have to KILL her!!! This was just some stupid act of showing who’s boss!!! I understand that Chyler wanted to leave…but they could have let Lexi move away or something!! This just pisses me off, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way!!

steven

Posted at 11:38 AM on September 27, 2012

i with all the mate, thanks to Shonda i dont watch the show anymore. in my opinion lexie was the best thing to happen in gray anatomy

Hope

Posted at 2:10 PM on July 5, 2012

Hopefully it will be like the Denny situation where she comes back as a halucination, or something like that. I loooved lexie and mark, i so want them to be back together. whats going to happen with mark though, will he be so depressed that he cant work and then he’ll leave, or what???? they really shouldn’t have killed off lexie, they should have made her in a coma or something other than killing her and all of the chances of mark and lexie getting back together. :'(

Harshan R

Posted at 8:54 AM on August 12, 2012

I couldn’t agree more. Shonda just wants to show who the Boss is.
This mistake is the beginning of the end.

mama

Posted at 10:24 AM on July 2, 2012

Keep lexy! Love her :)

Lucy

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 28, 2012

I loved lexie! i understand that Chyler wanted to leave to be with her kids but i think what i’m most angry about is the fact shonda felt the need to kill her character off because that means its truly over! it would have been better for her to have maybe been lost or to leave or something so there would be hope of her returning but her being dead ends it for good. it;s sad to me because she may not have been a big main character but her character is the most relateable i mean she’s funny, awkward and dorky which is something they never had with any other characters. So yes i’m sad and mad and i want lexie back!!!!

Lisa

Posted at 10:22 AM on June 28, 2012

I don’t particularly care that much..Lexie was fantastic and I adored her, but she wasn’t one of the leads, it was more heartbreaking when they killed off O” Malley. Still sad to see Lexie go. Especially since she and Mark suited each other so well. But in essence I don’t think the show will “not go on” because of Lexie. She will be missed though.

Rebecca Philipose

Posted at 1:57 AM on June 22, 2012

Lexie’s death wasn’t completely “out of the blue.” She had been a secondary, sometimes tertiary, character for almost the entire season. Her story had kind of halted, and she was completely MIA for two or three episodes in the last season. They did this with George too when they killed him off. His story had halted and he didn’t have a love interest in the time leading up to his death. The deaths of both of these favourite characters were pretty similar: unanticipated, but not completely random when their later story line is considered.

Amber Britton

Posted at 2:25 PM on June 18, 2012

What is up with that !! Lexie was my favorite character and always made me laugh !! the only reason i watch greys anatomy is the story of Lexie and mark they have destroyed that !! im so angry with them for killing her off :( BOO

Scott Clark

Posted at 9:29 PM on June 16, 2012

Big mistake. Really big.

Debby

Posted at 8:28 AM on June 26, 2012

Ah no! I really liked her character! think this is a big mistake!!!! Damn :(

steven

Posted at 11:32 AM on September 27, 2012

lexie never should have been killed off from the show there plenty of othe way to leave a show other then death. lexie never should have died and that that.