'Grey's Anatomy' Killed Off The Wrong Character — Fans Are Furious

Fri, May 18, 2012 5:10pm EDT by 246 Comments
Grey's Anatomy Season Finale

Kate B

Posted at 6:52 PM on June 12, 2012

“but the actress did a great death scene. I cannot say the same for Sloane — his grunting almost-death only killed the mood.”
The scene was phenomenal! Leigh did a fantastic job and I totally disagree with the above statement. Sloan is working off adrenaline when he’s trying to save Lexi. Then he gives up and is like “well there’s no real reason to live any more.” The amount of internal injuries that he would’ve had would definitely require some level of vocalisation though!
However, Lexi’s death is poorly timed. One of the best things about Grey’s is this constant on/off relationship between Sloan and Lexi. It’s the Rachel/Ross relationship of current soap operas. Whether the show has just one more season or not this is a clear case of lazy-writers-syndrome. It’s just a little too easy to kill of characters and I feel this is one of those times. Can someone start a petition please?! Lexi Grey back on Grey’s!!!

Amanda

Posted at 8:24 AM on June 16, 2012

I totally agree! I am not sure I want to watch the show anymore! Why didn’t they just get rid of April?!!?!?!? I so wanted Lexi and Mark to get back together!!! MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!

Cris

Posted at 1:31 AM on June 8, 2012

ugh terrible decision. should have gotten rid of april. she’s annoying.

susan

Posted at 4:37 PM on June 12, 2012

I agree 100% – April has to go – she sooo annoying

Elle

Posted at 9:22 PM on June 7, 2012

I can deal with lexi’s death much more than the overuse of exclamation points on this thread. ha.

Elle

Posted at 9:07 PM on June 7, 2012

your embedded link wont work

jayJ

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 7, 2012

Its absurd the amount of people who have been killed off in Grey’s Anatomy. Lexi was a great, likeable character. I wish they could have killed off Yang instead. I wouldn’t mind a grey’s anatomy sans christina yang

Elle

Posted at 9:10 PM on June 7, 2012

omg, no christina yang??? i wouldn’t watch the show if yang went off into the yonder, she and her best bud are the reason i watch at all. booo. lol.

Ramitha Wijenayake

Posted at 4:07 PM on June 6, 2012

Im just wondering if anyone else was thinking this? Everyone seemed to notice the not so subtle hints that something might happen to Arizona, with all the talk of how great Callie’s life is now. But what if it wasn’t foreshadowing the death of Arizona, but the death of Mark! That would still devastate Callie, since they have a child. And didnt Shonda say Mark and Lexie would reunite? I don’t think you could count that seconds long “i love you/ goodbye” as them being reunited.

Ashley

Posted at 4:48 PM on June 4, 2012

Lexie was my favorite character and Grey’s Anatomy was my favorite sow. I will not be tuning in for the next season. I was watching religiously, hoping for Mark and Lexie to get back together. Her death was so out of the blue considering the build up to a reunion with Mark and now I’m just done with the show.

Linda

Posted at 6:40 PM on June 3, 2012

I think they should bring lexie back, people come back all the time greys is just like a soap opera,they will lose a lot of viewers if they don’t including me!!

Robin

Posted at 9:06 AM on June 3, 2012

Just got around to watching the season finale of Grey’s. When I suspected Lexi might die, I told my hubbie “If they kill off Lexi, I’m done with this show.” Seriously, she just had the courage to tell Mark how she feels and they kill her. Ugh. I’m hating Grey’s Anatomy right now.

Ashlie R.

Posted at 9:48 PM on June 2, 2012

Because of Lexi being killed off and that terrible season finalle in general, I will no longer be watching Greys Anatomy. It just showed me that they really should have just ended the whole show before ruining it. That would have been better than this.

ellen tahares

Posted at 11:53 PM on June 1, 2012

Dear Shonda,

Killed off Lexi? One of the most endearing and charming characters on TV today?! SERIOUSLY? Up that woman’s salary, get her to sign a new contract, and GO BACK AND PUT LEXI IN A COMA! (And the cold weather will help preserve her from further injury) That was soooooo the wrong move. GET CHYLER BACK!! Kill off Lexi? Boo! Hiss!

Angela Gillis

Posted at 10:01 AM on May 31, 2012

I watch Greys Anatomy every week and feel we’ve been robbed of the chance to see lexi and Mark get back together she’s a brilliant actress and I just hope she finds sucess in another show or film.
It was brilliant writing as always and a very dramatic end to this season but I’m gutted and upset they killed Lexi off.

aled

Posted at 9:24 AM on May 30, 2012

i thought this episode was phenominal, yes it’s sad the lexi died but i feel it was appropriate. i mean what a way to go. this episode was simply amazing. why people feel the need to criticise the writer over it i dont no. it’s her show. she can do with it what she likes…

Elle

Posted at 9:18 PM on June 7, 2012

Yours is the first reasonable comment i’ve read. i think some people get all tangled up in characters to the point that they act like they are really who their character is. Lexi’s character to me was always vague and in the background so i never felt that i did or didn’t like her. Besides if the actress wants to leave, ummm, it’s up to the actress peeps.

Michele

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 29, 2012

I am very sad they killed off Lexi . I loved watching the show because of her and Mark. . Lexi was the only one on the show that actually wasnt so cold. I will not be watching anymore . There is no reason to .

Laura

Posted at 2:34 AM on May 29, 2012

Did you people also want to change the ending to Andersen’s stories when you were little just because you didn’t like the ending ? Did you try to find him and suade him ?
Leave it as it is, it’s a storyline, it’s just as a bed-time story, it’s never realistic, but it keeps you in suspense with unexpected things happening. And death is, sometimes, accidental, unexpected, and takes people we like.
It’s just a movie.

Sanja

Posted at 1:39 AM on May 29, 2012

Un-f-ing-believable that Lexie would be killed off from the show. Lexie is a viable character and can fit any story line. Not to mention that she is an extremely likable actress. Please re-consider.

Tashie

Posted at 11:28 PM on May 28, 2012

One of the biggest reasons i was watching the show was Mark and Lexie. Stupid Move!

Nadia

Posted at 6:26 PM on May 28, 2012

I was slightly shocked, but not overly. It wasn’t as “romantic” as George’s death (when he showed up int the elevator as an army recruit), but the actress did a great death scene. I cannot say the same for Sloane — his grunting almost-death only killed the mood. As for out of the blue? Grey’s Anatomy jumped the shark when they blew up the hospital in season 2. The best part of this episode was Kristina’s acknowledgement of that! I’ll keep watching because you never know when an ACTUAL rollercoaster is going to somehow destroy the hospital!

Michelle

Posted at 4:27 PM on May 28, 2012

I will never watch again – I was waiting for Lexie and Mark to get back together.

Alicia

Posted at 2:08 PM on May 28, 2012

Dont think Grey’s Anatomy will be nearly as interesting or even worth watching without Lexi Grey!

Terry

Posted at 1:07 PM on May 28, 2012

Killing off Lexie is just wrong!!!! This is a mistake!!!

debbie mathews

Posted at 4:55 PM on May 27, 2012

I agree with everyone!!! Lexi should not have been killed off! I hope you both come to your senses and realize Lexi is in a COMA and is still alive. She needs to work things out with Mark and continue a story line with him. Alexis leaving and Lexi can not go and leave MARK alone!! PLEASE< PLEASE change your minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

Posted at 4:51 AM on May 27, 2012

I thought the decision to kill of Lexie was a really bad move. It totally felt kludgy. The Plane Crash as a whole felt wrong. In watching the show and where things were in the plotline, it felt like exactly what it was, a decisive move intended to generate buzz. Unfortunately it did not really enhance the story line.

Jean.

Posted at 6:30 AM on May 25, 2012

If this is the last season. Does it really matter?

Rorylyn

Posted at 1:00 PM on May 25, 2012

This is not the last season. There is another one after this.

Lori

Posted at 3:25 AM on May 25, 2012

This would be a very unpopular decision to kill off Lexie. The major story lines evolve particularly around the Grey’s. Lexie has a lot more to offer story wise. With big sister currently married to macdreamy & with their baby in toe there isn’t much more than the typical story lines left to write about her unless you plan on turning Grey’s Anatomy into another Days of our Lives. Don’t let Lexie die please.