'Grey's Anatomy' Killed Off The Wrong Character — Fans Are Furious

Fri, May 18, 2012 5:10pm EDT by 246 Comments
Grey's Anatomy Season Finale

Christina

Posted at 10:30 PM on May 24, 2012

I am so upset. For the first time since the premier of GA I am considering not watching anymore. From the characters on the plane I would have preferred Arizona to die. Maybe they could have Lexi in a coma for next season. Or she could be at a rehabilitation facility next season or something. Just don’t kill her off!!! This is a HUGE mistake! Lexi and Sloan are like Meredith and Darek. THEY have been the reason I keep watching the show!

raynear

Posted at 8:08 PM on May 24, 2012

i don’t understand why in the heck lexie had to die and why towards the end mark sloan was ready to die also. why did the finale have to end this way??!!!! ugh this just upsets seriously!!! couldn’t they have just been save and returned back to Seattle Grace Hospital with the one’s they loved and on top of all of this no one back at the Hospital knew they had crashed until the end.

Rita

Posted at 8:06 PM on May 24, 2012

Not only was it incredibly stupid, but it also killed one of their greatest love stories! Mark and Lexie held, on their own, I believe, a fair share of the show’s audience! I myself watched it for them!

Poor Lexie. Thank God for Fanfiction! ^^

Gina

Posted at 6:20 PM on May 24, 2012

Killing Lexie was the stupidest decision ever! It’s going to be hard to continue to watch Grey’s Anatomy now! So furious!

Sarah

Posted at 4:31 PM on May 24, 2012

Am I the only one that was hoping it was Kepner?? I really hate her, there is no way that Lexie should have died over her!

Gina

Posted at 6:21 PM on May 24, 2012

I wanted Kepner to die too! God I hated her! She is the most annoying character on the show! I have never seen a single show get rid of so many good characters! Please bring Lexie back!

raynear

Posted at 8:10 PM on May 24, 2012

no you really aren’t the only one i was hoping it was kind of her to But lexie??? COOMMEE ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky

Posted at 3:54 PM on May 24, 2012

I am concerned that the show is done.

I know ER lasted a very long time and they were able to move actors in and out of roles.
Someone mentioned in their comments that Lexie was part of Grey’s Anatomy! I agree!
I hope that the writers can give us a great season opener!

Gina

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 24, 2012

I think the show is done now too! They are all going to different hospitals to work, they killed off a great character! No where to go now! God, so annoyed!

Becky

Posted at 3:48 PM on May 24, 2012

I agree with what you said in the article. She should have transferred to another hospital.
What was the reason for her departure anyway? I think every character has had stale moments (even seasons) were their character wasnt in the limelight. We could have put her in coma and used next season to bring hers and Mark’s storyline back.
I am not angry just disappointed. I wish her the best in her future ventures.

Emily

Posted at 2:28 PM on May 24, 2012

I was obsessed wlith this show, always have been. But after this finale… Teddy leaving, cristina leaving and lexie dying. I do not think that I will be watching the next season… dissapointing

Koby Edge

Posted at 1:43 PM on May 24, 2012

should have been Derick because he is a pansy

miio

Posted at 11:19 AM on May 24, 2012

lexies times was up! no storyline, no highlights, no lovestory, marc and her… only boring. maybe it´s better for the story to kill her but poor mer. another dead family member…

jessica

Posted at 11:13 AM on May 24, 2012

im so annoyed! i woulda been okay if arizona died, or thepilot, but i was just starting to really get into lexi and the story around her. she needed to stay and be with mark i dont feel it was time for her character to be done!!

Gina

Posted at 6:24 PM on May 24, 2012

I wanted arizona to die too, or kepner. kepner should have died. she has nothing going on, and everybody hates her

bett

Posted at 10:59 AM on May 24, 2012

Yep, still pissed at that awful season finale. Lazy writing led to stupid outcomes. Seems like they promised a death before really thinking it through. Killing Lexie means they’re killing the future of the show. Think about it, Meredith and Derek are all settled down. Callie and Arizona are happy and settled, Little Grey could have added tons of drama with her future life choices. Sure people wanted to see her and Mark together, but I thought she was too good for shallow Mark. Lexie had a wide open future that I suppose the writers were too lazy to imagine. I think Mark should have died if they had to have a death, then Lexie being all distraught would go off to a fellowship elsewhere (giving the actress a break to be with family) then Lexie could come back and own the show — a whole new show, a whole new story around Little Lexie. Geez, I’ve got a better story line than the writers!!

Ellla

Posted at 10:41 AM on May 24, 2012

I thinkthat it was a good time for Lexie to die. She wanted off the show and it was the first death of a favorite character. Honestly, Izzy, Katherine Heigl, shouldn’t have died since her character just dealt with the death of Denny. They couldn’t put that much tragedy with one character, it would’ve been annoying. I do think that Lexie was so liked that they could have found a better way to make her leave, but I think what they did makes sense.

Ingmar

Posted at 9:54 AM on May 24, 2012

It sucks to have lost Lexie, but let’s be honest here. We all knew one character was going to die. That’s what causes people to talk about the show again. People create shows because they want to have succes. They want to have great ratings. High viewership. And killing off a major character and teasing with it…is a way to bring in old aswell as new audience.

If she decided to kill of Derek instead some other fans would have been furious. If she decided to kill of Bailey some other fans would have been sad. If she decides to kill Arizona some other fans would have hated Shonda….If she decided to kill….well, you know what I mean. No matter which character she would have killed, it would have been emotional.

And seen Chyler wanted to leave the show for her family….well, that’s a good right! And honestly..I agree it’s the right time for the character to say goodbye. It has something poetic that Mark tells his feelings right before she dies. Bittersweet reunion.

Rhonda

Posted at 9:10 AM on May 24, 2012

I’d say… don’t panic just yet, let’s see if this wasn’t just some nightmare and next season starts with somebody waking up, which would suck because it’s been done one too many times… but then if Lexie does die I think it would suck even more! I’m just generally disappointed with Grey’s Anatomy at this point.

mel

Posted at 1:27 AM on May 25, 2012

I agree dont panic yet.. she could just be out not dead or someone is having a very bad dream
I hope anyway

Janine

Posted at 8:42 AM on May 24, 2012

I feel that they will come to regret this. I have been a loyal fan while everyone around me dropped like flies, but I think the time has come for me and Grey’s to part ways. I am beyond upset about Lexie’s death and feel that they are totally jumping the shark with this episode. First the disaster? Been there done that don’t want another tshirt. And then the fact that the plane crash was so ridiculous! I know it was supposed to be all suspense building because no one knows that they are missing but it actually had the opposite affect on me. I was so freaking annoyed by the played out trope! And then Lexie died and yeah I went ballistic alright! I was PISSED! She was my absolute favorite character and her and Sloan were my favorite couple and this was so completely thrown in and stupid. I have now come to the conclusion that I will NOT be watching the show after this.

Arina

Posted at 5:45 AM on May 24, 2012

Really?!!? One of the worst episoides ever!! I was worried yet kind of expected some or at least one of my favorite charactors would be leaving the show with them having to make decisions on where to fellow and all … but not Lexie being KILLED OFF!!!! I am so upset we were teased with the prospect of her and mark finally being together and now this!!! And seriously the idea a plane would crash and no one know for hours is perposterous!!! Ever heard of flight plans and navigational monitoring?? Planes dont fall out of the sky with no one noticing! And the fact these characters can perform complex medical procedures in the field using common grooming products but dont know basic survival skills like all huddling together, not in two seperate groups or how to build a REAL fire with Derick there who’s always been written as the outdoorsman who spent his spare time in the woods is rediculous! They are from Seattle, not 90210! Very disappointed.

Jae

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 24, 2012

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARIZONA!!!!!!!!

dp9876

Posted at 3:47 AM on May 24, 2012

I agree, if they kill Arizona then I am for sure done with this show. Kill Mark so he can be with Lexie.

stnone

Posted at 11:20 PM on May 23, 2012

I thought they did a decent job with this. I am more worried about Mark and Arizona. Looks like next season will open with Callie’s wife and best friend both fighting for their lives…. you know because Callie hasn’t suffered enough?!

Kimber

Posted at 10:07 PM on May 23, 2012

I hope they kill off the rest of the Docs in the woods! As a huge GA fan from day one, I don’t want anyone to continue if Mark and Lexie don’t get their happy ending!!!

Jae

Posted at 2:14 AM on May 24, 2012

I agree with you kimber. If Lexie & Mark can not be together then they should all die!!

JOAN

Posted at 9:31 PM on May 23, 2012

I”VE WATCHED EVERY EPISODE SINCE THE FIRST SHOW AND I WAS REALLY UPSET WITH THEM KILLING LEXI OFF!!!!!!

Sophie

Posted at 8:17 PM on May 23, 2012

Sleana Gomez is having a baby

Terri

Posted at 6:44 PM on May 23, 2012

Killing Lexie was just WRONG!!!!! If the actress really wanted to leave the show, then they should have found another way for her to leave, but still be able to have the possibility of either bringing her back at a later date or if all else failed, recasting. And we still don’t know what is going to happen to the rest of the doctors who hall seem to have open seriously bleeding wounds or who may be bleeding internally as well, since NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THEY ARE!!! I really hope next season starts off better than the finally!!!

Ed Paul

Posted at 1:00 PM on May 23, 2012

Funny pic…looks like she’s takin it up the butt

diana

Posted at 12:14 PM on May 23, 2012

i don’t know, they’re gonna make something, pretend that was a dream or something ’cause that show is not just meredith grey, lexie was so lovely!!!! is just not fair, is not, and was innecesary, maube april could die instead lexie.