'Vampire Diaries' Season 4: Michael Trevino Hopes To Play Klaus 'For A Few Episodes'

Thu, May 17, 2012 4:39pm EDT by 21 Comments

Plus, Michael tells HollywoodLife.com we’ll find out how ‘solid’ Caroline & Tyler’s relationship is in a Klaus-free world.

The Vampire Diaries season finale threw fans a major curveball when Bonnie (Kat Graham) put Klaus (Joseph Morgan) into Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) body, and when HollywoodLife.com talked to Michael at The CW’s Upfront presentation May 17, he told us he couldn’t wait to sink his teeth into his dark new role. “I hope it lasts,” he confessed. “I would imagine the first episode of season four I’ll be playing Klaus, but I want to see how long we can push it.”

But even though Michael is stoked to get to play the bad guy, he’s also looking forward to resuming his duties as Tyler — particularly because he wants to see what the future holds for him and Caroline (Candice Accola).

“Klaus isn’t an issue now,” he said. “So I want to see how solid their relationship is.”

Watch my full interview with Michael below, during which we discuss Tyler’s lack of transformation scenes in season three. The phrase “shirtless grunting” is used, so why don’t you just do yourself a favor and watch it?

Loading video...

Candice Accola tells us she’s ‘sure’ Joseph Morgan will return in season 4

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries Stories:

1. Season Finale Recap: Is Elena Really A Vampire?
  2. The CW Renews ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ’90210′ & More For Fall 2012
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale First Look: Why Is Elena Crying?

Sarah

Posted at 3:45 PM on June 27, 2012

Joseph Morgan come back pleasee! Your fans need you! :)

liga telecom

Posted at 5:11 AM on June 4, 2012

I like the valuable info you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently. I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

the ph miracle diet plan

Posted at 6:31 PM on June 1, 2012

Unquestionably consider that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other folks think about worries that they plainly do not understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

comic books

Posted at 8:10 AM on May 23, 2012

Somebody essentially help to make critically articles I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Great process!

nightmagic

Posted at 10:57 PM on May 22, 2012

this is kind of sick if Klaus is in Tylers body and Caroline doesnt know !!1 im disappointed with TVd this season .at least the last half

bianka

Posted at 11:22 PM on May 20, 2012

i mean tyler** =)

bianka

Posted at 11:21 PM on May 20, 2012

BRING MT BACK AS TAYLOR!! I want him with caroline they make such a cute couple taylor cant die!!

Hallie

Posted at 10:04 PM on May 20, 2012

Great ending and i would doubt that klaus being in tyler will end that soon i am thinking it will be at the very least a few episodes. I have to say i am not a forwood fan i always found them boring and to be honest untill the whole caroline/klaus caroline wasn’t that interesting either. I am looking forward to see how micheal plays klaus and even though he could never replace jm it will forward the story. My guess is that now that elaina will not be a factor for klaus they needed to up the anti for klaus and give him a reason to stay. Up to this point klaus hasn’t been a reason for caroline i assuming all this is to create the triangle so it is more even similar to what they did to stephen/elena/damon by sending stephen with klaus it gave the opportunity to create the demon/elaina relationship by having klaus in tyler it will allow klaus and caroline to come together and give him what he has been craving from day one a connection to someone and to subside his loneliness. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out

angry birds.pl

Posted at 7:28 PM on May 20, 2012

I was suggested this website by way of my cousin. I’m no longer sure whether this submit is written by him as no one else recognize such unique approximately my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thank you!

Ciara

Posted at 6:24 AM on May 20, 2012

Sorry Michael Trevino but you would just ruin Klaus. Only Joseph Morgan can pull of Klaus.

Andrea

Posted at 9:49 AM on May 18, 2012

Joseph Morgan IS a series regular for Season 4..and JP said MT will only be Klaus for possibly 1 episode. Just bring JM back..Klaus is my favorite!!

Dita

Posted at 4:14 AM on May 18, 2012

Bring back Joseph Morgan in the 2nd episode!!

ashley

Posted at 9:29 PM on May 17, 2012

oh god please no.. he was great as tyler but klaus? come on..only joseph can do it..someone please alert me if joseph is back playing klaus.until then,i’m not interested seeing trevino try to mimic joseph attitude..

Elaine

Posted at 7:31 PM on May 17, 2012

Sorry, Trevino. I love you and all but playing Klaus for a “few” episodes? No!!! I need my Joseph Morgan back as Klaus at least by the 2nd episode! Also, “he’s not an issue” anymore between Caroline & Tyler… I don’ t know, they kept him around for a reason ;)

Sharon

Posted at 6:24 PM on May 17, 2012

Trevino as Klaus? For more than one episode? HELL NO! Bring JoMo back….Trevino can’t play Klaus….it’s just not the same thing!

DD

Posted at 5:21 PM on May 17, 2012

Can Klaus just be dead already? It’s embarrassing how long they have dragged his SL out as the “big bad”.

samantha

Posted at 9:26 PM on May 17, 2012

if he’s dead, your favorite “heroes” are dead as well..so be careful what you wish for

River

Posted at 5:10 PM on May 17, 2012

Hell NO! Bring back Joseph Morgan in the first episode. I have no desire to see Michael playing Klaus. He needs to stay Tyler …… only!

Rayne

Posted at 5:08 PM on May 17, 2012

Only Joseph Morgan can play Klaus, sorry Michael.

An6ra

Posted at 4:52 PM on May 17, 2012

MT sucks at acting. SO why on Earth would anyone let him play the most awesome character is beyond anything I can understand!!! Just get Tyler back and then stake him or something…cut off his head, pull his heart out or whatever has to be done for the hybrids. And bring back Joseph Morgan’s Klaus ASAP!!!

Yasmine

Posted at 5:01 AM on May 24, 2012

LOL if you think Trevino sucks and Morgan’s a good actor, you really need to watch more quality shows and obviously you don’t understand a thing. Trevino can pull off basically anything (the writers said so themselves) while they only hired Morgan because he’s a charming hot brit. Get over it.