'Vampire Diaries' Season 4 Scoop: Candice Accola Is 'Sure' Joseph Morgan Will Return

Thu, May 17, 2012 3:27pm EST by 35 Comments

Candice assures HollywoodLife.com we haven’t seen the last of JoMo! Plus, Caroline will ‘definitely’ help vampire Elena transition.

Vampire Diaries fans — myself included — were horrified when Klaus’ body was burned on the season finale, leading many to believe that Joseph Morgan wouldn’t return for season four. (Joseph tweeting “it’s been one hell of a ride” didn’t exactly ease our minds, either.) But when HollywoodLife.com chatted with Candice Accola at The CW’s Upfront presentation May 17, she was more than happy to set the record straight.

“I don’t think they necessarily closed that story line at all,” she told me. “Characters take breathers … so I’m sure he’ll return.”

OK, you can officially breathe a massive sight of relief. (I know I did!) I also had to ask Candice for her thoughts on new vampire Elena (Nina Dobrev), specifically whether she expects Caroline to take her under her wing and show her the ways of the fang.

“I think she’ll definitely be a part of helping Elena through the transition,” she said. “I can’t see it all going perfectly, but I’m really excited.”

As for how Candice thinks Caroline will react when she discovers that Tyler (Michael Trevino) is actually possessed by Klaus, she had one word to describe her emotional state: “disturbed!”

Watch my interview with Candice below, then hit up the comments section with your thoughts on “Forwood,” “Klaroline” and what you’d like to see in season four:

Loading video...

Michael Trevino tells us he hopes to play Klaus for ‘a few episodes.’

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries Stories:

1. Season Finale Recap: Is Elena Really A Vampire?
  2. The CW Renews ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ’90210′ & More For Fall 2012
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale First Look: Why Is Elena Crying?

janz

Posted at 2:23 PM on June 25, 2012

Caroline is a woman…that is why she is so good with Klaus! She just needs to see the wonderful good in him that we all see! Tyler thinks of himself first…he is a boy. The romance between Caroline and Klaus has already started in the eyes of the public. The greatest one of the network! Tyler and Caroline are boring together…sorry Tyler! Elaina needs a new love interest…she has become boring too…or just so confused!

chelsea

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 27, 2012

vampire diaries is sooooooo kwl !x

hallie

Posted at 10:24 PM on May 20, 2012

First off tyler and caroline are just plain boring which is part of the problem and even before klaus was a factor they weren’t interesting as a couple. As for klaus there are no more hybrids so the subject is mute he will have to wait until another doubleganger is born if ever but he reason for hybrid is basic he is lonely he wants companionship which we have seen in his dealings with caroline and stephen and although klaus will never be good he does have potential similar to damon. His scene when he was in tyler reasuring caroline she would be ok. I don’t see the triangle ending anytime soon in fact it is just starting the whole reason he is in tyler is so they can amp up caroline/klaus relationship so when tyler and klaus seperate it won’t seem so one sided but i have to say she should pick klaus it is just interesting for the audience forwood is over done and boring in fact they could kill tyler off and i wounldn’t care

Corey

Posted at 2:40 PM on May 20, 2012

I want Tyler & Caroline to stay together.People say how romantic Klaus is and how much he loves Caroline.But he cares more about making hybrids more than anyone or anything.Tyler always puts Carolne first no matter what.I hope Joseph Morgan stays as Klaus but they find another storyline for him because the Forwood vs Klarolineship war may be more entertaining than Stelena vs Delena,but it could be due to that ship war gone stale.So I say have Caroline pick Tyler and move on to new plots for them so that the ship war doesn’t get stale

Denise

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 20, 2012

|I really really hope Joseph Morgan returns very soon. It would be grate to see Caroline go bad and be on team Klaus.

danielle

Posted at 5:19 AM on May 20, 2012

why dont caroline realize how klaus is towards her aand dumps tylers ass kalroline are sooooo great toghter and caroline is really bring back some lost hummanitiy in klaus and i hope she sees that in season 4 plus i wonder how elena is gunna be as a vampire?????? cant wait till season 4 xx

Marie

Posted at 10:02 AM on May 18, 2012

I really hope Caroline will get scenes with the others and not just Tyler. I love her snarky scenes with Damon and her banter and friendship with Stefan. :) She don’t need to be about just Tyler all the time. I want more kickass Barbie also. :D

Missy

Posted at 9:45 AM on May 18, 2012

UMMM Damon was the bad guy and JP said Damon will never be good however many ship him with Elena. Damon KILLED her brother people!! He tried to kill Bonnie,Killed Lexi,Killed Alaric,Killed Abby (these are all friends and family to Elena) Damon also forced Caroline against her will to bed him and used her for a blood bag and forced Elena to take his blood twice to make her a vampire against her will. Everyone needs to step down on the Klaus soap box because Damon is no better.

Amber

Posted at 11:22 PM on May 23, 2012

Clearly you’ve forgotten that Stefan was the Ripper. He killed hundreds of people, possibly more than Damon. If you think Damon is a bad guy, you need to watch the show again sweetie. Damon killed Abby TO SAVE ELENA. And the rest were a loooong time ago. You don’t know what character depth or development mean, do you?

Sarah

Posted at 3:17 AM on July 9, 2012

Oh please!!! Damon KILLED people who were CLOSE to Elena!!! All the vampires, all those werewolves have killed people–even Caroline. Since you brought up the point that Stefan was a “ripper”, did you conveniently block out the fact that Klaus forced him to turn off his humanity in order to get him to do it? Maybe you should go back and watch the show again “sweetie”. *rolls eyes* Honestly, people like you make me sick because you try and get smart with someone else and you don’t even know what you’re talking about. Did you even read the original post??? She named every single horrible thing that could and would (and did) make Elena hate Damon in the first place and you come back with “Stefan was the Ripper”. Watch every episode again, you need a lesson.

Sarah

Posted at 3:12 AM on July 9, 2012

I love you for that comment SOOOOOOOOO much!!! It’s so true. They can “ship” all they want but when it comes to Elena he’s selfish, unlike with Stefan who is selfless with her.

Nicole

Posted at 9:19 AM on May 18, 2012

KLAROLINE FTW

monitalatina

Posted at 8:51 AM on May 18, 2012

i’m sorry but people who want caroline and klaus you need to get with the fact that klaus IS THE BAD GUY so even if they had chemistry he won’t change for her, that would make the show stupid

Alice

Posted at 2:48 AM on May 18, 2012

I am bored of seeing Elena-Stefan-Damon romance on TVD…Klaus and Caroline are a refreshing change.

harshita

Posted at 2:46 AM on May 18, 2012

I hope that Klaus will be the last person that Caroline will be paired with !! i am tired of her dynamics with every other guy in vampire diaries :P… Go Klaroline :)

Marie

Posted at 8:58 PM on May 17, 2012

Klaroline needs to happen!!!!

Cassie

Posted at 8:56 PM on May 17, 2012

Candice <3

Anna

Posted at 7:26 PM on May 17, 2012

Also she said I adore working with Trevino and Joseph Morgan in the enews interview. =)

Anna

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 17, 2012

Watch her video today from Enews. She said she likes the Klaus/Caroline dynamic! :)
“I love the dynamic between Caroline and Klaus it’s very odd, it doesn’t make sense at all but it, yeah, it makes perfect sense. – Candice

Erika

Posted at 7:05 PM on May 17, 2012

Klaus is the only reason I am still watching..JOSEPH MORGAN KLAUS. We know hes coming back, he is going to be a series regular which was confirmed today. I love Klaroline and they are the best couple to come onto my screen

Missy

Posted at 7:03 PM on May 17, 2012

Shes BFFs with MT so not a surprise she talks up their relationship on the show. I am actually tired of her interviews

Emma

Posted at 6:31 PM on May 17, 2012

Omg! Emily, i know! When the interviewer asked her if she missed working with Joseph, she ignored the question!

Ana

Posted at 5:22 PM on May 17, 2012

Joseph Morgan and Candice Accola are the best thing on this show right now. Hope he isn’t gone for long. Klaroline FTW!!!

Emily

Posted at 6:26 PM on May 17, 2012

^This! I was heartbroken to learn that Candice still doesn’t follow Joseph even after he wished her a happy birthday (dies) and she didn’t even return the favor!!

Amy

Posted at 4:57 PM on May 17, 2012

Klaroline for the win!!

Nickki

Posted at 4:57 PM on May 17, 2012

I really hope the real KLAUS comes back cause Tyler is a bore and I don’t want to watch Trevino as Klaus. -.-

Speedy Paddington

Posted at 5:15 PM on May 17, 2012

My thoughts exactly, couldn’t agree more!

Kate

Posted at 6:25 PM on May 17, 2012

me too!

laloona

Posted at 11:28 AM on June 24, 2012

u guys r so right…!!!!!!:P

Chasity

Posted at 4:24 PM on May 17, 2012

I really hope real Tyler returns soon and Forwood can be happy together. Klaus jut needs to go far away because he is ruining this show for me!

missgranger

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 17, 2012

ruin the show? are we watching the same show? or i get it..you want a show that full with the drama,love and kiss (soap opera drama) without any threat from bad guy. yeah gossip girl is the best option.

Ȼāŕoliŋe O'ɃāŕbiḝVaɱp Foŕbes

Posted at 9:13 AM on August 6, 2012

Soooooo agree with WTF I’m watching TVD just for Klaus

laloona

Posted at 11:32 AM on June 24, 2012

I think u hv lost ur mind I’m watching de show 4 klaus

mvk

Posted at 3:52 PM on May 17, 2012

Just keep in mind that they did not show Klaus’ body burnt to nothing but ashes. they showed the stake going in and Alaric pulled it out right away and closed the coffin. We saw flames, but with no oxygen in the coffin there won’t be any flames. so Klaus could be burned, but with blood, he can still come back. Which is something I would love to see. He is such an exciting character. Alena and Stefan are so boring together. Klaus and Damon are the ones that make the show really good and jumping.

laloona