Joshua Ledet: What I'll Do If I'm Kicked Off 'American Idol' Tonight

Thu, May 17, 2012 3:49pm EDT by 59 Comments
Joshua Ledet American Idol Elimination

After his performances May 16, Joshua Ledet revealed what would happen if he doesn’t make it to the ‘American Idol’ finale. Do YOU think he’ll be eliminated?

Joshua Ledet has made it all the way to the final three on American Idol, but the 20-year-old Louisiana native is prepped to say his good byes during the elimination this evening.

“If I were to go home tomorrow, best of luck to Jessica and Phillip,” he told reporters after his performance last night.

Despite being called “the best singer in the last 50 years” by judge Jennifer Lopez, Josh’s song, “Imagine,” was sub par — especially compared to Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.

Do you think Josh is in danger of being eliminated tonight, or will it be one of the others? Sound off below!

More Idol:

1. Recap: It’s Hollie Cavanagh’s Time To Go
  2. Skylar Laine: Why I’m Relieved I’m Off ‘Idol’
  3. Results: The Most Shocking Elimination Yet?

Pat

Posted at 3:31 PM on June 7, 2012

I believe that when it comes down to voting for the Finals only AT&T customers have the capability to get their votes through. I wasn’t able to get through (Michigan). I protested by not watching the Finals

GJeannieR

Posted at 6:42 PM on May 30, 2012

American Idol should be called, “America’s Favorite Idol”, then we’ll know it’s not based on talent. The judges who are supposedly professionals in the music industry should be making the final decision, instead they leave it up to America to pick their favorite. And if that’s the case, why do we have judges in the first place. When you ask people to pick their favorite singer, it’s not because they’re necessarily the best singer, it’s because that person is their favorite. I guess you get what you ask for….

GARY

Posted at 1:32 AM on May 23, 2012

With so many complain of trouble voting I think American Idol should bring Joshua Ledet back on the stage. I hope no cheating in process of voting. With eliminated of Joshua, the American Idol just make a big mistake because THE WINNER OF AMERICAN IDOL IS JOSHUA LEDET.

Diana Hebert

Posted at 9:04 PM on May 22, 2012

Joshua Ledet is the best singer and I will buy his cds. I really like is style and Im not the only one. .

carol

Posted at 2:23 PM on May 22, 2012

Investigate the voting process. I voted threw Facebook for jousha. Only get 50 votes. Make some noise on this issue before next season, so they don’t let the best slip threw again. I’ve always stated I don’t hate Philip or Jessica just can’t connect to their voice. Phillip was good on his 3 songs they fit him well. For Jessica she sang hers good to. But no emotion to the songs, where I would belive what she’s singing. I really tried to hear them, sorry jousha is the Idol winner without the title.

valerie

Posted at 10:38 AM on May 21, 2012

All the people who had trouble voting, you were not alone, i live in south jersey and at 11:38 p.m, voting system shut down, thought it was suppose to end at 12 midnight, On behalf of the best singer on AI, JOSHUA LEDET…there should be a legal investigation on their voting system. American Idol should admit the mistake and bring him back as the true winner, make a decision between Phillip and Jessica, and have two winners

patti

Posted at 2:10 PM on May 19, 2012

i hope he got a record deal cause i will be in line to buy it

Kim

Posted at 3:55 AM on May 19, 2012

Shell, I live in the same area as Joshua. Our town wasn’t able to vote for Joshua Wednesday night. NO ONE was able to get through on any of the 3 lines. I called for the whole 2 hours and got maybe 10 votes in for him. All season when votes were coming in one 1 line no one had problems. This week there is 3 different lines and the whole town can’t get through. Come on now…BUT THAT’S OKAY BECAUSE JOSHUA POSTED THAT HE SIGNED A HUGE RECORD DEAL TODAY!

mary mickens

Posted at 10:35 PM on May 30, 2012

i to had the same problemin texas, but this was my last time watching the show.

Kim

Posted at 3:29 AM on May 19, 2012

Joshua post on his facebook for everyone not to be sad that he was eliminated last night. He said he signed a HUGE record deal today!! I hope this is true and if it is we all need to be thankful that he was sent home last night.

Roberta

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 18, 2012

Joshua is definitely one of the best singers and one of the most amazing performers I have heard in a long time, and it is really sad to see him go, but as he said they are all winners. Joshua has an amazing career ahead of him, and I will always be one of his greatest fans and biggest supporters. As Jennifer told him, I say the same, keep your head up, because greater things are yet to come!

I also salute him for being the mighty man of valor and his wanting the best for Jessica and Phillip.

katrina mouton

Posted at 11:58 AM on May 18, 2012

That’s okay Joshua they voted the best off cause they know you were going to win against to whoever you go against you are the man of the show i couldn’t get that many calls in i think they had those lines rig up i was only able to get 4 calls in that night any other week i can get thru @ vote that night i couldn’t the lines stayed tide up for the whole 2 hours if it was that busy you should have won or they had the lines rig up so we want get thru.

Patricia

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 18, 2012

I am so sad….Joshua is clearly a winner. I can’t watch this show anymore, it hursts……I love you, Joshua. I can’t wait to purchase your cd’s. Thank you,for a great performance.

.patty

Posted at 9:22 AM on May 18, 2012

iith phillipsats right go phillipejoshua shoul;d have been in top 2

Annie

Posted at 9:16 AM on May 18, 2012

We heard 2 months ago that he was not going to make it all of the way. Doesn’t matter Joshua Ledet is an American Idol and will go on to great things. We love you Joshua, go for the gold.

KAKE

Posted at 8:03 AM on May 18, 2012

In my opinion, I think the judges standing ovations & constant praise was over the top & actually probably hurt him in the end. People figured he was a shoe -in for the finale & voted for the other two to save them. Personally, I feel like it should have been Josh & Phillip. I think the judges should temper what they say, especially when they say things like the best ever on Idol, etc. I feel Randy tends to tell it like it is. Stephen & Jennifer tend to say the same things about certain artists very seldom giving a negative critique. Sometimes Jimmy gets it wrong & he admits it, but he keeps it real & he knows he may have to market these kids in the end & wants to see what they can do. I think Josh’s downfall like Jennifer says” bring it to church” may have cost him. When he sings he is great but when he gets to the screaming part, it ruins it for me. At this point I think Phillip will win. Jessica can sing but doesn’t have the whole package yet. It has been a great season for talent & the problem is the talent is so diverse, it is hard to compare apples with oranges. You have a great country, R&B, pop, rock, etc. singer but the upbeat songs & the songs people know tend to get the best feedback. No clear cut winner this year…they’ll all do well if they get good advice & management. Good luck to all as you embark on your career.

ed

Posted at 8:02 AM on May 18, 2012

This would be my final time watching American Idol. America does not decide. The little giggly girls decide. There is no way Josh should not have been in the finale’. i have watched Idol evolve into this thru the years. i don’t feel blacks should even enter this anymore. There has to be another way to select. I just refuse to ever watch this again. I am encouraging young and old people of color to cease and desist watching this. Just candid.

James

Posted at 4:10 AM on May 18, 2012

American Idol just kick the best singer who had the most standing ovation at the show off. What do you think ? I think the person that mjust going home is not Joshua. it is wrong and bad decision. The judges must do something about it The final of American Idol without Joshua…….no vote for american idol anymore.

Kim

Posted at 3:28 AM on May 18, 2012

I live in the Central Time Zone and I think American Idol stopped accepting votes before the allowed time. The last 30 mins of voting all 3 lines were busy. This whole season the only time I got a busy signal was when I called before I was suppose to. The two hours I voted I only got through close to 15 times.

GARY

Posted at 2:49 AM on May 18, 2012

I THINK AMERICAN IDOL AND THE JUDGES SHOULD GIVE JOSHUA ONE MORE CHANCE. DONT LET THE SHOW BECAME AN AMIRICAN IDIOT SHOW

andy ong

Posted at 2:10 AM on May 18, 2012

Becareful of your popularity american idol, because i think Joshua is the Best Singer. I think no one can beat him. I heard that you want Jessica to win the finale and if its true I will never watch american idol anymore because it became a politic show. For all the fans let’s get behind Phillips and vote for him. None of the finale can beat Joshua and nobody is like Whitney or Mariah Carey. God bless you Josh and i can’t wait to buy your cd. For american idol don’t be a kidding show.AMERICAN IDOL JUST KICK THE BEST SINGER OUT

Angela

Posted at 1:50 AM on May 18, 2012

I am sad that Joshua went home, He should have won. I would love to see him and Hollie get together. He was crying when she left and I think they would make a great couple. Joshua and Hollie if your reading this, you two look good together, and do some duets together on the radios. I will buy your first cd’s. I would hav loved Joshua to sing Marvin Gaye, sexual healing, i know he may not like that type of lyrics but if you listen to the song he would have stayed and blew that song out of the water, he would have flipped out everyone…God Bless you Joshua, Jessica if she wins, honestly she is spoiled, so she wont get nothing done but shopping and fame will ruin her being so young, and Phillip, hes older and would be more experienced. I was rooting for Hollie, n if she went home I wanted Joshua to win….:( whoever wins deserves it

Cynde Bau Kong

Posted at 10:52 PM on May 17, 2012

So sorry that Joshua is out. He was the best! He will do well without winning 1st place, maybe better! AI should have a 5 vote limit per phone or email address. Now, let’s get behind Phil and vote for him!

o

Posted at 10:44 PM on May 17, 2012

I still in shock bout Josha someone compared Jessica to Whitney Houston r u seriosly kinding me nobody is like Whitney that u don’t touch but Joshua if ur reading these do ur thang cuz u gotta mix it wit gospel Ray Charles did and so did Whitney gospel has a touch like no other begt Jessica couldn’t do it wit that gospel flavor

Diane

Posted at 10:42 PM on May 17, 2012

I am trying so hard to put my words together for my comment but I keep having the flashback of the decision to eleminate Joshua Ledet from this supposedly singing/vocal contest!! This show is about popularity only!!This youngman clearly has strong singing/vocal ability but he was eleminated! NOT RIGHT FOLKS! I had stopped watching IDOL because of a previous wrong elemination between Clay Aiken and Reuben Studdard.Reuben was good but Clay was BETTER.After this elemination which is based on popularity not talent I can say to AMERICAN IDOL, I’M OUT and others are following!!! you’re trying to make it appear that America is voting but we know you folks are making the DECISION!! ITS ABOUT THE POPULARITY AND THE MONEY!!!

valerie baker

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 17, 2012

I am horrified that Joshua Ledet was eliminated, I do not believe this was all done by computer voting, yeah right, blame everything on the computer, this was a political move of some sort, he was just toooo good to go to the final two, cause he would have made either Jessica or Phillip look sub par and they are good, especially jessica, BUT NONE OF THEM ARE AS GOOD AS JOSHUA, REV. AL SHARPTON, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS. AND BY THE WAY, I AM DONE WITH AMERICAN IDOL, I WILL NEVER, NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN

stephanie

Posted at 10:17 PM on May 17, 2012

american idol yall need to come up with a better voting system. i want be watching next week. really joshua went home .the best show since fantasia.tonight was the finally thank you joshua for making a exciting season 12. GOD will bless u good things to come and i cant wait to buy your cd and hear you on the radio. you are the WINNER you bad