'America's Next Top Model' Reveals New Replacement Judges

Thu, May 17, 2012 12:58pm EST by 31 Comments

After firing three fan favorites, Tyra is ready for some fresh blood. What do YOU think of her picks?

Out with the old, in with the new! Tyra Banks has officially selected replacement judges for Nigel Barker, Jay Alexander and Jay Manuel – all of whom she recently fired from America’s Next Top Model. Taking their seats on the panel will be stylist Johnny Wujek, model Rob Evans and publicist Kelly Cutrone.

Johnny, known for styling Katy Perry, will serve as a “creative consultant.”

But the cast isn’t the only thing changing about The CW’s hit reality series. As it heads into its 19th cycle, the show will also move days and times to Fridays at 8 p.m.

What do you think of these replacements, ANTM fans? Will you continue to watch the show, even without your favorite judges at the table? Drop us a comment with your thoughts!

Alexandra

Posted at 8:41 PM on August 31, 2013

I don’t miss any of them and still watch the show! Still enjoying it!

courtney g.

Posted at 1:09 AM on July 4, 2013

Kelly Cutrone is a women on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I watched her reality series and she always seemed stressed, defensive, and one step away from completely losing it…a good reason to watch, but it never happened. :) The worst part was watching her completely eviscerate perfectly hard-working and decent subordinates. I expect she’ll do the same with the models…very uncomfortable.

nnworld

Posted at 8:35 AM on April 1, 2013

I have always loved AMNTM, and had looked forward to watching it but this is rubbish, AMTM is no show without Nigel, Jay, and Jay. A. I’m not watching the show anymore. nuff said.

Eileen

Posted at 6:10 PM on December 6, 2012

I think the new season sucks without the old judges. That woman they have on there now is just mean, nasty and hateful with every word that comes out of her mouth. Seriously Tyra? THIS is what you thought would improve the show? Getting rid of the most beloved judges and repkacing them with THESE jusdges was the worst thing you could have done. I LOVED this show and have watched it from the very start but this “New” show…sorry Tyra, you can keep it. I can fibd better shows to watch. Thanks for the memories!

ro

Posted at 1:34 PM on December 14, 2012

I agree 100%. I also think this whole thing with her dating the 24 year old Rob Evans is a publicity stunt and shows that Tyra is not always capable of “Keeping it real”. The show is now going down the toilet and Tyra helped push the lever down to make it all happen. These judges don’t have the same presence or star quality as Nigel and the two Jay’s. Oh well I guess the show will now be called “America’s Nixed Top Model”

Jen

Posted at 1:59 PM on December 14, 2012

That’s Kelly Patrone or something. She doesn’t even seem to fit in the world of Fashion on any level. She is blunt and nasty….last season getting into an argument with one of the former Judges I think. This show is on its way out. It is so hard to watch because I keep listening for familiar voices and critiques from ALL my guys including Andre Leon Talley. But they are no more and there is absolutely no more glimmer to it. It’s totally dull.

Nancy

Posted at 9:14 AM on November 29, 2012

I think it was a horrible decision and will no longer watch the show

Ntokozo

Posted at 7:30 PM on October 18, 2012

Wow no more Nigel Barker the noted fashion photographer,Miss J and her nice walks,Jay Manuel and her advice on wannabees top model,Tyra u r bad,why fired them,please have a truce with them I am begging u

Jen

Posted at 8:15 PM on October 18, 2012

It was is said to be a ratings things. It is terrible that the show replaced these valuable men, in my book. But the season before they left, Nigel didn’t seem the same; a little guarded, a tad worried but I didn’t know what it was. Tyra has gone through a whole new face lift or something in 2011. What I read was that it was the powers that be, the networks that wanted fresh meat. I cannot stand these new people. Arrogant silly little rip offs of the real deal. I loved Nigel, both Jays and many of the female guest hosts. Tyra says she’ll be working with them in the future. But even though Tyra produces it, you know televsion, a lot of people are involved in this production and I bet they were the ones who wanted the change for the sinking ratings. :(

Sara

Posted at 3:31 AM on September 23, 2012

The New concept is a disaster. I feel confused! I ve been a faithful antm fan since the start but this season is the last for sure. Why did she thinking firing the BEST things about her show would solve ANYTHING??the fans don’t know these judges! We knew Nigel and the amazing Jays!!!
Disaster!!

Jen

Posted at 4:34 AM on September 23, 2012

That’s how I feel. These are amateurs but if you look at the show as a whole, it’s obvious that Tyra herself is no longer in real charge. Her role is even undermined a little by that new dark haired lady from last season when it comes to opinion. Hard to explain. Plus the fact that the show allows Social Media to be a clincher on who goes and who stays is awful. I felt that she, Nigel and the two Jays were always the experts on grooming and the panel choosing the girl. We didn’t need outsiders to put in their opinions. I doubt if ANTM will have even two more good seasons. When we see these kinds of changes, it’s a ratings problems – that’s when people do stupid things, people stop watching (as I have) and the show going off.

dadasasadada

Posted at 6:26 AM on August 20, 2012

i want to be a judge cuz iam more fiercer than them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Losentes

Posted at 9:36 AM on August 19, 2012

i hope Mr. Jay Manuel stay. he is really good photoshoot director, the one that i look up to. and nigel barker, they are the trademark of the show. :(

LiveLoveLaugh

Posted at 12:55 AM on August 12, 2012

I will miss Jay Alexander, Jay Manuel and Nigel…They were definitley fan favorites..Im a fan of tyra banks, but she should have left the show like it use to be, i feel it would’ve been more entertaining still.Every cycles for the past few years, has been less entertaining to watch.For Example, the British invasion, it was silly, i automatically knew a brit was gonna win. Anyway, Tyra’s constant revising this show makes it less interesting to me.

Jen

Posted at 10:48 PM on August 31, 2012

Me as well. But I think it was a ratings thing too and Tyra definitely doesn’t have the last say-so, even though we may think it. CW and CBS actually run this show. It got really big and when that happens the Big Dogs have much input. I loved the show as it was and never missed one single Cycle but after tonight, I decided it is not worth it. If we all walk away, maybe they will think better about those horrible decisions. I feel so sorry for all three. I loved their input. They made the show.

Tanya B.

Posted at 6:48 PM on July 30, 2012

Oh my god, I can’t believe It. If this is true, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the show anymore. I’ve been watching ANTM since day one. I was upset when Janice left then Twiggy, but Nigel, Miss. Jay, and Jay Manuel? No, stop revising the show Tyra, you are not everybodys favorite!

Suede

Posted at 5:14 PM on June 29, 2012

Julia Roberts said it best..
“Big mistake… BIG!!! Huge!!!!”

Lizmah

Posted at 12:13 PM on June 25, 2012

Tyra is really loosing bt all in all stil love yah

joejjoe

Posted at 6:52 PM on June 14, 2012

The British invasion was stupid I think that did it. I wasn’t interested in it and didn’t watch. The only season I didn’t watch btw.

anjanette

Posted at 2:01 PM on June 13, 2012

looks like a bunch of BS! ive been a fan of you Tyra for years, but its slipping. not to mention the rigged bs for cycle 18. cutting azzmarie and laura pfft what a disappointment youve become tyra

Nancy

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 12, 2012

What a mistake. I love my boys and Ms.J is on target. Tyra we are so upset witb you. I have watch since the start. You lost my vote. Sorry..You are goid but a bit tired. Please, di something new, you are done.

isabele

Posted at 3:19 PM on June 7, 2012

IJust finished watching last nights episode; Now regarding next season I’ll have to wait and see. I like the show but at times Tyra is the most annoying person on the show. She’s the one that needs to be replaced not the men.

Kristen

Posted at 3:53 AM on June 1, 2012

Horrible in every way. I’m happy re-watching all the old cycles because for the rest of my life because ANTM does not feel the same anymore at all and hasn’t since the all-stars.

Emma

Posted at 4:07 AM on May 30, 2012

Watch as ANTM airs its last seasons. This was a big mistake. Tyra was the one who I was becoming annoyed with. Loved the boys, ALWAYS! They make the show!

kk

Posted at 8:37 PM on May 19, 2012

Are you serious. No Jay Manuel, Miss J or Ngel. What other reason is there for watching the show???

Debbie

Posted at 9:17 AM on May 18, 2012

The only reason I watched was for the three people she fired. She should fire herself. Her always trying to speak with an accident is laughable. While I might agree with the firing of Jay Alexander, his act was a bit tiring, the only personality and originality were found in Jay Manuel & Nigel Barker.

Amy Hall

Posted at 6:43 PM on August 14, 2012

Timer should have been the 1 to be fired

kim brown

Posted at 7:58 AM on May 18, 2012

she could’ve kept nigel and mr. jay. i will watch the first episode, then decide. but i wouldn’t get my hopes up. this season wasnt too good. it was kind of boring. glad i dvr’ed it, because i had to do a lot of fast forwarding. make the show more interesting to watch.

Kate

Posted at 6:54 PM on May 17, 2012

Bring Nigel back!

ANetliner

Posted at 2:22 PM on May 17, 2012

Ms. Jay was already being phased out, rightly or wrongly, so that is no surprise. Jay Manuel interacted well with the contestants and Nigel Barker typically was professional during the judging, so they will be missed. I would guess that Tyra is aiming to appeal to a younger, ‘fiercer’ demographic vis the new judges. The audience votes (good idea!) and the Friday night time also suggest young demographic.

Two suggestions: 1)move the shoe back to modeling (vs media personalities); 2)have the eliminations reflect the competition results– over the past two cycles weaker competitors have made it into the final rounds for no other reason than narrative arc.

Jen

Posted at 10:42 PM on August 31, 2012

Let’s face, the Public does not know how to judge a would-be model but the Panel that Tyra had did have much experience. Nigel a photographer, former model, Ms. Jay Alexander, a Runway Coast extraordinaire, very accomplished in Europe and Jay Manuel, the very nice one who photo shot and gave good common sense critiques. I loved them and they made the show. Now that it is left up to the public, sadly I don’t think another Black girl will ever win. Remember how people acted when they did. The Public pulls for what the majority thinks is beautiful. I will not watch it again and I never missed a cycle, not even the British invasion.