'American Idol' Results: And The Final Two Are…

Thu, May 17, 2012 9:02pm EST by 231 Comments
American Idol Joshua Ledet Eliminated

Steve Wright

Posted at 1:00 PM on May 21, 2012

Philip should have gone. Why he’s still there I cant understand.
Anyway sorry to see Joshua go, it would have been a great final.
But to be honest the last pop Idol natural was Colton Dixon. He had that hit sound to him. Oh well , Simon’s gone ,I think the other judges don’t really tell it like it is. Good luck to Jessica now, all thats left. Watch Britains got talent, next time ,much more fun.

mari

Posted at 12:57 PM on May 21, 2012

People please stop blaming the judges it was us the american people who voted the 2 of them to the finally and I do believe they just gave the tittle to Jessica because Phillip is not competition for her………LOL

Sandra W

Posted at 8:34 AM on May 21, 2012

No! No! No! It should’ve been Skylar and Joshua for the final two! Jessica sings like all the other pop stars out there! Nothing special!

Teresa

Posted at 8:28 AM on May 21, 2012

I can’t believe Joshua was eliminated!!! It would have been a gr8 finale! He deserves to win! Jessica can sing but Joshua sings better!!!!!!! Done with Amer Idol!!! Can’t see raw talent when it’s right in front of ‘em!!!! He may not have won but his career will soar like Jennifer Hudson!!!

jq

Posted at 6:56 AM on May 21, 2012

josh the best..forget this comin’ finale

Netta

Posted at 4:41 PM on May 20, 2012

Jessica can really sing…but my favorites were Elise and Joshua. Joshua. I am agreeing with many of you about the judges and the “foo-foo” remarks. Jimmy Iovine is the only one with enough balls to say anything that matters.
I think Joshua will go far, only a few of the “winners” have gone really far, so I think they did him a favor. What I like about Joshua was that he stayed and played a “gentleman” until the last moment of airtime. He’ll go far. If you all recall Jimmy I. has been talking about him as if he were signed for at least the last month or more.

ShawieRas

Posted at 2:31 PM on May 20, 2012

Just respect the judges in this coming American idol finale and may everyone enjoy the most awaited winner hehe

thelma white

Posted at 12:39 PM on May 20, 2012

Im done watching american idol that racist show. they did the same thing to Jennifer Hudson, why cant they be fair. will watch the voice from now on.

James Miller

Posted at 9:03 AM on May 20, 2012

It just goes to prove that the american audience of Idols have absolutely no clue as to what makes an idol. Long after the other two have been forgotten Josh will be a super successful star.
All you useless american teenagers out there, vote with your brain and not what’s between your legs.

carlo gimena

Posted at 5:30 AM on May 20, 2012

One of your articles was wrong. About the final 2 result. Jessica has been safe first before Phillip so leaving him and Joshua on the stage. Pls write carefully.

Susan

Posted at 11:34 PM on May 19, 2012

Joshua you are the best of the best. I am so sorry you were no longer in the show. Please continue to make great music as you have given to us all.

Peter

Posted at 9:34 PM on May 19, 2012

@Jane
I’m Filipino so I understand your frustration but I voted for Joshua. It is unfortunate that looks and race sometimes cloud our judgement. AI is a popularity contest & people will vote for who they like & not the best. To me, it is Joshua – incredibly gifted! I will not be watching the finale.

Jane

Posted at 8:51 PM on May 19, 2012

JZ, guess what?? I’m half Filipina, too! And I’m tired of hearing the Filipino side of my family voting for Jessica because she’s half Filipino while the caucasian side of my family voted for Skylar, Philip, or Joshua! Good to hear you don’t follow Jessica just because she’s one of us.

Steve Wright

Posted at 7:16 PM on May 19, 2012

I think Colton Dixon was the last on the show with a true pop idol
image and style. The rest are all too old fashioned for their age.
anyway Jessica will probably find her niche, she does have a good voice. Im donre with all the shreaking. not necessary. The others were all ok on a particular night ,but this was not the finest ever top five ( as the judges say) bring back Simon.at least he told the truth.

Steve Wright

Posted at 7:05 PM on May 19, 2012

This year is a farce. Without Simon there the judges are woki.
This is not the best top 5 we have ever seen. Very mediocer
The judges speak with forked tongue and do not reflect a common sense popular opinion. Out of whats left only Jessica has a soft voice as long as she doesnt start screaming again
Good luck.

lld

Posted at 4:57 PM on May 19, 2012

what do you mean by Holly being the best singer, no offense but she’s like the worst in the show, she has a normal voice like any other people, my dad has a better voice than her…

Van Hellsink

Posted at 2:11 PM on May 19, 2012

This season of American Idol has produced one excetional singer and that was Holly, the rest have literally been hit or miss. Sadley, the remaining to contestants have very little vocal talent especially Phillips who would be hard pushed to make it as a street busker. Jessica is a screacher and hardly likely to make it as a top selling artist after she (obviously) wins this years show.

Stewart Fox

Posted at 2:07 PM on May 19, 2012

The best singer has already gone, namely Holly as for the remaining three all are rubbish and whoever wins will be forgotten within weeks.

ssadie

Posted at 1:12 PM on May 19, 2012

I thank j is the best she will take all.

JZ

Posted at 12:00 PM on May 19, 2012

Jane, you are plain racist . I am Filipino but I voted for Elise, then Joshua. Not all people who voted for Jessica are Filipinos and not all Filipinos voted for Jessica.

Xavier

Posted at 6:53 AM on May 19, 2012

fyi to the writer of this article… It was Jessica Sanchez who was declared safe first! Then it was between Phillip and Joshua to fight for the final spot.

Anyhow, Jessica is always amazing! Its Girl Power time!!!

Lauren

Posted at 6:46 AM on May 19, 2012

Only because of her biased Filipino fan base.

Lauren

Posted at 6:43 AM on May 19, 2012

I take it that you’re one of her Filipino supporters.

Megan

Posted at 6:37 AM on May 19, 2012

Ohhhhh pleaaaase!! Jessica screams, too!! She’s got a HUGE mouth on her face!!! She’s only in the competition because some voted for her based on race! She can’t say she won the AI crown when her people supported her because she’s Filipino!

Vanessa

Posted at 4:42 AM on May 19, 2012

The results are’nt real! Jessica was the first safe…