'American Idol' Results: And The Final Two Are…

Thu, May 17, 2012 9:02pm EDT by 231 Comments
American Idol Joshua Ledet Eliminated

Jane

Posted at 4:12 AM on May 19, 2012

You must be Filipino.

michelle standfield

Posted at 11:23 PM on May 18, 2012

I really think that was not right. It should have been jessica and joshua left i really don”t agree with results.

michelle standfield

Posted at 11:23 PM on May 18, 2012

Carol Cortez

Posted at 8:56 PM on May 18, 2012

sorry about the type o’s but I cant see the what Im typing on this page 4 some weird reason

Carol Cortez

Posted at 8:54 PM on May 18, 2012

Hows do I feel? Do I agree with the results? NO!!! America u goty it soooooo wrong!! You cant even begin to compare PP to JL or JS!!! Now,do I think PP will win nesxt week? Unfortunately & with a heavy heart I say YES!! Dont get me wrong I cant stand him on ANY level however when has the most talented EVER won on AI??All we can do is pray JESSICA wins!! On the other hand the winner has no freedom for what a year? Meanwhile the others r free to do what they please & trust me Joshua & Jessica’s careers are gonna soar!!!

CPV

Posted at 8:50 PM on May 18, 2012

Jessica deserves to win. She’s got the most amazing voice, although she doesn’t project as good as josh does. Josh is a package (good voice that comes with all that body language). But whose CD are you going to love listening to? Definitely not josh’ ! For those who understand what good quality voice is, will surely vote for Jessica. But then again, you gotta admit that it’s prople’s choice! Nothing much we can do about that. If Simon were still one of the judges, I wonder who he’ll favor!

Diane

Posted at 8:09 PM on May 18, 2012

I also tried for 2 hours for Joshua & got the same recording. Happened last week also. Sure seems fishy to me. Got the same information when voting for Clay Aiken in the finale & you see what happened there.

Ricster

Posted at 6:42 PM on May 18, 2012

I got a news flash for all of you who voted for Joshua and lost. Phillp got more votes than he did. That means he won for you simple minded ones out there. Remember this as well, jessica is only there now because she was safed by the judges. The judges did the best they could to influence the public voting but in the end it’s the people who buy records and at least give them credit for knowing what THEY like.

willa

Posted at 5:54 PM on May 18, 2012

do not agree with this all 3 r good but it should have been between jessica and joshua but i know joshua will b pick very soon

M.madden

Posted at 5:49 PM on May 18, 2012

Jesica is the best and has the best voice. Philip dsounds the same every time, I must admit I do not understand his songs,there’re all mumbled and he makes such ridiculous faces.

P madden

Posted at 5:36 PM on May 18, 2012

Phillip Phillips makes every song sound the same,an lp would be unbearable

zac

Posted at 5:29 PM on May 18, 2012

I sooooooooagreee Phil is ok but the teens like his sexy looks. Joshus deserves to be in the final with Jessica. Im soooo glad that Jessica is there.

maddy riley

Posted at 5:09 PM on May 18, 2012

An ABSOLUTE disgrace America! It was obvious by Joshua’s body language he knew he was out. With his vocal range,perfect pitch and entertainment. Ironic that Adam Lambert another great talent was voted?out. Maybe the “bigger” picture is all about the music industry and how so middle America they are. Philip Phillips is not a great entertainer.Have the time he looked bored,uncommitted to the show and more engrossed in doing his”thing” looking like a student at the local bar.He is no David gray for sure it’s rigged no doubt

Sandy

Posted at 4:10 PM on May 18, 2012

Your are 100% WRONG about Joshua’s vocal ability. Yes Jessica can sing. Phillip is OK, Vocally not strong, but OK. Joshua on the other hand, CAN SING and should be in the finals

sandi thornton

Posted at 3:48 PM on May 18, 2012

I absolutely agree that the judges should pick the winner out of the final three – similar to the way “So You Think You Can Dance.” It is a popularity contest, for sure!

anne

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 18, 2012

I totally agree! I was shocked by Josh elimination. He is the most talented and entertaining of the three. I thought he would win from the very beginning and I’m not even a fan of his genre of music. I will no longer watch after this year unless someone from my state is in it.

Audra

Posted at 3:14 PM on May 18, 2012

I hope Phillip wins

Carol Pike-Hoisington

Posted at 2:58 PM on May 18, 2012

I am completely upset!!!!!!! I swore if Joshua didn’t win I would not watch Ameriican Idol again of which i have faithfully watched every year&now i will keep my promise…I am disgusted as i to think this show is rigged&they don’t pick for talent like they should…It should’ve gone like this….Joshua#1,Jessica#2,Phillip#3 !!!!!!! My heart goes out to Joshua…he’s#1 in my heart forever!!!

Jennifer

Posted at 2:39 PM on May 18, 2012

I think Jessica will win, mainly because she allows her voice to be heard. There is little background accompanying her. As far as Joshua, too much noise in the background and too much screaming. For me, it was hardly a standing ovasion. It did appear that the judges loved him and that he will get a song recording. I have watched him for a number of weeks now and I do not get it. Philip Philips has come up in the last few weeks. I think he outdid Joshua. I do not, however, think he will win. Jessica is amazing to me and continues to bring her performances up. She tackles difficult songs and has llittle backup to support or as I would put it hides a voice. She takes a risk doing this, but she seems to amaze me every week. Foe me, she has deserved a standing ovasion over and over. Yes, I do think it is a popularity contest and I have not agreed with the decisions from time to time.

Robert BORJA

Posted at 2:37 PM on May 18, 2012

In fairness to the three they are all very much deserving to their spot prior to this event “the final two”. Let me remind you guys that this is a contest particularly “voice contest”. So from the word contest itself meaning select the “best one”. As i said a while ago they are all best but there’s really still the best among the rest. And no wonder, no doubt and that is JESSICA and PHILLIPS. If you’re going to ask me who will be the best among them both. 100 percent i go for JESSICA, the fact that with her young age and for a change for how many seasons of AI always man who won. The reason really matter most is she is really an amazing little girl, gifted and she had an extra ordinary voice. Well, the game is not yet over, all i can say GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU. BRAVO!

Georgina

Posted at 2:07 PM on May 18, 2012

All othe contestants can sing, it does not matter if you have the greatest voice BUT you have the lowest vote,you loose. It seems like a popularity contest, more votes the better. I feel bad for other contestants who has a good quality singing voice.When u get pick up to American Idol, start calling every one u know, circulate with people do everything to get a vote. It is a popularity contest at the end, your voice is secondary. Good Luck to all!

Gforce

Posted at 1:58 PM on May 18, 2012

Krykie! PHil Philips s not original! He is lesser facsimile of Dave Mathews! Any one who thinks he’s “original” clearly has never listened to Dave Mathews! ;He’s about as original as a Rolling Stones cover band.

Gabby

Posted at 1:35 PM on May 18, 2012

This show is rigged!!! There is now way that Phillip should be left for a chance to compet agaisnt Jessica. He should have been sent packing weeks ago. He has only made it this far becasue the teens that vote like him. He sucks as a peformer and a singer. Joshua and Jessica were the best the entire season either on of them should have won. Phillip should not even be considered a singer in comparriosn to those other two.

Bob Harris

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 18, 2012

The last i heard, this is a singing competition! If anyone out there thinks Phil Phillips has a better voice than Jushua Ledet, i have a bridge I can seel him. The Teeny bopper phillips fan club marshalled their forces, and snowed toe voting in with multiple votes. The final three should be voted on by the three judges.

Mia

Posted at 12:38 PM on May 18, 2012

I tried 12 times to vote within the 2 hour timeframe using my landline and cellphone to vote for Joshua and I kept getting a recording about technical difficulties for all 3 of the numbers. Unbelievable!!!!!!! Joshua was treated unfairly and done an injustice. But we all know that “He Will Be a Superstar” and no one can keep him from his dream that he so deserves. Joshua is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am through watching!!!