Robert Pattinson: I'm Passing The Torch To 'Hunger Games'

Wed, May 16, 2012 7:45pm EDT by 31 Comments
Twilight Vs Hunger Games

Robert Pattinson is ready to be done with ‘The Twilight Saga’ and is happy for fans they get another fun series — ‘The Hunger Games’!

Robert Pattinson has finally finished shooting The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 and is ready to pass the torch, so to speak, to the series that has been compared endlessly to his own.

“I’m curious to reunite with this universe for the last time, to see the effect it will have on me and on the audience,” the 26-year-old actor says in interview in Telerama magazine. “I feel like the frenzy is starting to die down.”

He added, “We step into the era of The Hunger Games, the world wants fresh meat!”

Even though we LOVE The Hunger Games, we have to wonder if it will live up to Twilight standards.

Are YOU ready for “fresh meat,” or do you want more Edward and Bella? Sound off below!

More Robert Pattinson News:

1. Kristen Stewart Talks About Her Gold Ring From Robert Pattinson
  2. Kristen Stewart Calls Robert Pattinson Her ‘F***ing Boyfriend’ In New Interview
  3. Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Are Together In London

Noelle

Posted at 2:43 AM on May 21, 2012

Agree totally! And I’m so tired of people saying Twilight is for teens. I’m 37 and love it and my parents are in their 60′s and watch it all the time on showtime and love it. This movie series appeals to lots of my coworkers as well who are all over 30. Twlight…way better than Hunger Games.

Eriru

Posted at 4:33 PM on May 20, 2012

I’m gonna go ahead and play devil’s advocate/ troll:

People, please wake up from your amazingly dull lives and stop with the whole “Twilight is the greatest teen movie ever” mindset. I’m not saying i always hated twilight, but come on! Its an abusive relationship with a stalker/Pedo, not a love story. Besides, what series that is worthwhile tries to convince you that someone that has hurt you is worth throwing your life away??? Bluebird, please shut up, this series is not magical, they’re onscreen chemistry in this series is nonexistent thanks to the fact that Rob (who has actually stated this in several interviews) actually hates his characters, which is why he is always so moody. Please don’t compare this crap to a series like Hunger Games. Thank you.

Ajirah Anran

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 18, 2012

100 % agreed with bluebird !

Yeya Gutierrez

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 18, 2012

Hi Rob
i read an article about Mission Black List Film, and i have a question, in these comments said that use Methods nonviolent interrogations, how do this? thanks!

krista

Posted at 4:45 AM on May 18, 2012

god bluebird chill out! you sound like twilight and rob and kris’s relationship is your only reason to live. is ur life THAT boring? LOLZ!! twilight saga is not that magical. at the end of the day its ONLY A MOVIE no more no less no matter what you believe. there r other things in life u know blue-blah-bird

Sherri

Posted at 3:50 AM on May 18, 2012

Totally agree with bluebird.:O)

bluebird

Posted at 2:28 AM on May 18, 2012

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! The on and off screen chemistry of ROBERT PATTINSO and KRISTEN STEWART is fantastic! That is the primary reason TWILIGHT is magical! Hunger Games is like any other movie with good storyline. The lead actors are okay, but Lawrence and Hutcherson has NO screen chemistry. I still go for ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART!!!

KaramelKisses

Posted at 9:24 PM on May 17, 2012

He is a very handsome man & he can “hang” a suit as my mother would say … LOL!

Jane

Posted at 2:02 PM on May 17, 2012

Twilight will have a place in my heart forever. It gave me the upmost pleasure. I don’t think THG will be remembered like the Twilight Saga…women always want that romance. I also love watching the careers of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart and I am excited for them to go on to other movies.

Prietha

Posted at 1:58 PM on May 17, 2012

More Bella and Edward ! Hunger games will NEVER live up to Twilight!!

Tammy perry

Posted at 10:06 AM on May 17, 2012

Reading 50 shades of Grey… Rob and Kristen have the chemistry for this movie..would love to see it happen!!!

Marina

Posted at 8:39 AM on May 17, 2012

Уходить надо красиво.
Роб делай то,что считаешь нужным.

Sherri

Posted at 5:30 AM on May 17, 2012

I think everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and to think, feel and say what ever they like, it would n’ work if we all agreed on every topic. I’m certainly no bully. I just find it interesting. It is however interesting that so many who are opposed to this topic and others, put so much time and effort into writing defence arguments. When I’m not interested in something I don’t give it a second thought.

Charlotte v

Posted at 7:09 AM on May 17, 2012

I wouldn’t give it a second either if I wasnt interested tho but somethings need to be said and defended sometimes it doesn’t take much time and effort to say what ur feeling u know I think u just say it

gigi

Posted at 5:08 AM on May 17, 2012

i completely agree w/anna. some of you ‘fans’ are way too
obsessed with these 2.if they are together-ok and if they are just friends-that’s ok too.i just don’t understand why some of you have to make such a huge deal over it.it’s like your lives
depend on what they do together.and that is truly sad.i know
some (well most) robsten fans will bash anyone who dares to say ‘i think they are just friends,etc.’ and say things like ‘you need to take your meds or your just an overweight,ugly,jealous
hag for not believing,etc. it only makes you ‘fans’ look and sound like bullies.

Sherri

Posted at 4:58 AM on May 17, 2012

In response to Anna…. I feel I must say that it simply isn’t the case that lovers of both Edward and Bella and Rob and Kristen need to get a life. I for one certainly have a very full and satifying life. I just simply think their truely fasinating on and off screen chemistry is something that has captured the hearts of so many and is also something quite unique. Yes I would agree that I/we don’t know them and yes they don’t know we exist, but I think it’s kind of special that so many think of them and wish them well in love and life. Love really does make the world go around and if there was more of this and less cynicsm we wouldh have a happier world. Long may Rob and Kristen reign in love.

sara

Posted at 3:52 AM on May 17, 2012

PERFECT CHRISTIAN GREY LOOK……………….DAMN HOT…….

nadine

Posted at 3:04 AM on May 17, 2012

i love the hunger games but it will never ever ever replace twilight

courtney

Posted at 2:12 AM on May 17, 2012

I really do love their relationship in the movies of the twilight saga, and the twilight saga will not move on from my mind.. it’ll always be right there. Hunger games can smd :)

anna

Posted at 1:11 AM on May 17, 2012

i will love to see theme together at the movie one more time

casi

Posted at 11:25 PM on May 16, 2012

Vote robsten for best kiss and breaking dawn for movie of the year at 2012 MTV movie awards posted on Facebook and tell your friends to vote please…..

Anna

Posted at 11:17 PM on May 16, 2012

i dont blame him for wanting to break away from twilight its an effort to grow as an actor and ditch all of the obsessed teenage girl fans that came along with doing twilight. He knows if he doesn’t do more films he will only be seen as a heartthrob for teenage girls, who tend to be old news a few years down the road, not a serious actor. And really some of you sound like its your number one goal in life to have him and Kristen stay a couple. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob and Kristen themselves came on this site just to laugh at some of your comments because you sound so obsessed with them its pathetic and its a dead giveaway you guys have no real lives of your own and you sit around all day wondering what their doing where they are, and are they with each other and to see if their at this premiere or that premiere and were they kissing? holding hands? anything? and read and watch all their interviews and see if they mention each other or their relationship and scream if they do. I’m a fan of them too but not an obsessed ‘i have no life, so i live through rob and kristen’ fan like most of you (melody, andy, bluebird or bluejay or whatever your name is just to name a few). Seriously, go play a sport or join a school activity or something and live your OWN life. Some of you say in comments that you want them to stay together because that’s what YOU want for them and how their ‘hot’ ‘totally perfect’ and ‘head over heels, or hopelessly, and completely’ in love. its sad that you can’t see how pathetic, lonely, and bored you sound. i mean these two people don’t and probably never will know or care that you exist. they have their own relationship, the people who write these articles and you commenters forget that their not the first people in the world to be in love, their not perfect, their human beings they both and especially Kristen, doesn’t know why no one realizes that, and they act like their honestly sick of everybody obsessing over them its been FOUR years, the people who write these articles and you commenters tend forget that. you can tell sometimes they really wonder why you guys are still so obsessed with them and why can’t you just let Twilight go sometimes Rob looks like he wants to scream “It was JUST A MOVIE!! what the hell is wrong with you people, just stop with the twihard crap!!” they don’t know what is seriously the big deal about themselves, that they want to be gotten over and left alone and be real actors, NOT heartthrobs and DEFINITELY not as Edward and Bella. if Rob and Kristen stay together fine if they break up so who cares? the world won’t end. I’m sure you guys will care much more then they will. GET. A. LIFE.

me

Posted at 11:33 PM on May 16, 2012

oh please just shut up

anna

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 17, 2012

Why, you realized your one of the girls i’m talking about? fall in the category of the ‘i have no life i live through Kristen and Rob’ fan don’t you? it sounds like my comment was basically like holding a mirror in up front of you.

hellokitty2142

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 17, 2012

I kinda agree with you.

aquarius64

Posted at 9:50 PM on May 16, 2012

I don’t blame him for wanting to leave Twilight behind. If he always plays Edward and only plays opposite of Kristen Stewart he will never be seen as a serious actor, just a heartthrob whose sole existence is to satify fantasies. It’s time to let him go and let him grow.

melody

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 16, 2012

I want more of ROBERT and KRISTEN MOVIES!!!! MORE, MORE, OF THEM. I wish they will do the ” 50 shades of grey”. . . . .would love to always see them together in movies . . . . . and for REAL.

Lola

Posted at 9:07 PM on May 16, 2012

FRESH MEAT!! :D

Andy

Posted at 8:53 PM on May 16, 2012

I want more of robsten loveteam , how about another movie together??? Just sayin :)