Nina Dobrev: Ian Somerhalder Would Be 'Great' In 'Fifty Shades' Movie

Wed, May 16, 2012 9:49am EST by 125 Comments
Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev '50 Shades Of Grey'

Nina supports Ian’s desire to play Christian Grey, but says she’d never star alongside him. Find out why!

Allow me to take a minute to applaud Nina Dobrev. While every young actor and their mother seems to be clamoring for a role in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, Nina isn’t so quick to imagine herself in Anastasia Steele’s shoes. “I don’t know if that’s a good idea,” Nina recently told MTV News when asked if she’d want to play the Anastasia to Ian Somerhalder‘s Christian. (Ian hasn’t been cast, but is very interested.) “I think it’s best for any of the actors on The Vampire Diaries to kind of do their own things … and create new characters.

“As much as you try when you shoot a movie, if it’s two of the same people … [the fans will] see me as Elena and they’ll see him as Damon if we do a film together,” she said. “I think it would be better [if] either he should get it or I should get it.”

“I know that apparently he’s really great for the role, so I hope that he gets it,” she added.

Watch Nina’s interview below, then vote: Should Ian play Christian Grey?

— Andy Swift

More Nina:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4: Nina Dobrev Tells Us Elena Could Return To Damon
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale Recap: Is Elena Really A Vampire?
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’: Elena Remembering Damon & More Season 4 Moments I’m Excited For

Kris

Posted at 10:06 PM on December 3, 2012

HELL YES HE SHOULD BE CHRISTIAN HES FREAKING GORGE!!
he is absolutely PERFECT for the role!

Valencia Rideau

Posted at 7:07 PM on September 1, 2012

everyone knows ian should play christian. he was born for this role!
#Go.Ian!

Valencia Rideau

Posted at 7:02 PM on September 1, 2012

Ian is christian all the way! i will comment on every single thing if i have to lol i will do whatever it takes. I read the books and hes perfect for the role!

Damonsalvatoregirl

Posted at 7:44 PM on June 25, 2012

Ian is Christian Grey I’ve read the books and he will do the character justice. I hope they get him to play Christian and mila Kunis or Lucy Hale would be great as Ana Steele. Just please, no Rpatz or kstew!!! Ugh! That will definitely ruin the movie!!

A-R-IAN-N-N-A

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 23, 2012

Ciao a tutti …io sono una nian!loro due insieme mi fanno impazzire ,ha dir poco:)Anche se ,se devo essere sincera mi piacciono più nel filml(Delena)che nella realtà!Io sogno da sempre la coppia Paul e Nina ma,è una cosa impossibile visto che il nostro bello Wesley è già spoatoXDXD

shang

Posted at 6:45 AM on June 7, 2012

i would love to see them together in a movie becaus ian is too hot and cute … also nina of coures i vote for ian iiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee ian

realmommy

Posted at 3:31 AM on June 4, 2012

Nina right..she’s not capable to role as Anastasia. Especially her skin..too dark, erotic and she has no messy hair. But Ian Somerhalder has everything to play as Christian Grey.

Elena Salvatore

Posted at 4:48 AM on May 28, 2012

Hello

I think both, Ian and Nina should be in 50 shades of grey [Together]… because it will make people excited and wanting to watch 50 shades of grey, with the new vampire couple….

…. but please vote for Ian Somerhalder to be Christian Grey in the Movie. I just really love it when couples are doing a new Movie together, because it makes them more famous and they start sharing fans, but it is and will be seriously awesome to have a couple do another Movie with each other, especially straight after doing a Movie together!!!

Of all people, I think that Ian should be Christian Grey… he will apparently make the Movie more attractive and interesting, because he himself is hot, sexy and cute… and you would not need a cupid to make you fall in love with him, because he has his style and charm that attracts every girl to him… and when ever he is with a girl, I just love the way he flirts with people… Like what he did to me in a red carpet for the teen choice awards… and I just love him soooooooooooo badly!!

Nina Somerhalder

Posted at 4:53 AM on May 28, 2012

I agree with you…

TVD

Posted at 4:18 PM on May 21, 2012

Ian would be perfect he has that sexy thing about him!

Sonna

Posted at 7:36 PM on May 18, 2012

Yes! He’s the perfect Christian Grey. Nina the perfect Anastasia Steele!

Winer

Posted at 1:38 PM on May 18, 2012

Ian and Nina-Yes!

allison

Posted at 2:36 AM on May 18, 2012

…you called Nina Elena…

“That said, Elena does recognize — as all people rightfully should — that Ian would make the perfect Christian.”

Lolana

Posted at 2:32 AM on May 18, 2012

Yes! Nina+Ian!

Mara

Posted at 2:11 AM on May 18, 2012

I agree!

Karina

Posted at 2:11 AM on May 18, 2012

Ian and Nina Ahhhhh!

Melika

Posted at 2:22 PM on May 17, 2012

Hmmm, nice! First kristen and now Nina!

Gianna

Posted at 1:48 PM on May 17, 2012

Robert is to skinny. Brandon Beemer makes a better Christian.

Jenny

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 17, 2012

Ian and Nina cool!

Hensley

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 17, 2012

just as Carrie replied I’m taken by surprise that a person able to make $9946 in one month on the computer. have you read this web page cashhuge[com]